Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Hong Kong Novotel Century

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Generally yes.

Booked Superior, got the same in high floor.

- How are the rooms?

Small, but okay by Hong Kong standard, given the hotel is located in Wan Chai.

Good:
Location, particularly easy access to HKCEC. Got late checkout to 15:00.
Bad:
Low Platinum recognition, denied lounge access, high charge for printing stuff

Booked using corporate rate of ~1500HKD. Only good value for early HKCEC events.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 1:37 pm

Hôtel & Résidence Mercure Paris La Defense Parc Lodging

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard double, initially received standard with two singles > complained and was upgraded to suite with double

- How are the rooms? run down, suite was a double room with a large second room that had two cots and a tv.

Good:
Location is literally on top of RER station in Nanterre.
Breakfast was fine.

Bad:
Rooms a little run down.
Front desk not organized.
Interior hallways run down.
No desk in rooms.
No status recognition.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Better hotels for similar price. Will not return.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:58 am

Hotel mercure Bratislava

I'm Platinum and just had a one Night stay at the Bratislava Mercure Hotel.
I mentioned in the reservation form that I'm Platinum Elite and asked kindly for an upgrade to their privilege room if available.
No upgrade at all I got a room on the first floor without any view the only view and window was against a wall.
Aircondition not possible to turn it off so it was a freezing night.
Buffet breakfast for 16 euros per person is mediocre small, no fresh fruits or fish or something expensive.
They dont fill up the buffet even 40 minutes before end.
You have to ask several times that you want some ham eg.
Wifi worked well and is free with a coupon given at check in but it is for every one.
I know the programm rules that you dont are eligible for an upgrade in mercure Hotels,but what programm is it? in making difference between there top end sofitels only around 200 worldwide which gives you maybe upgrades and their other
Hotels only serve you as very few points accrual?
Thos loyalty Programm is by far the worst out their,what a chame for a Hotel company with 4000 hotels.
Old May 3, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

Platinum

This was my second stay on this hotel and it was far better than the previous one; so I would say..Yes

Booked Family Suite under 50% sale and got the same.

- How are the rooms?
Actually family room is a superior room (28/30sqm) attached with business suite
(44 sqm). Both of the rooms are still new and you could get beautiful view of sunset from their business suite if you got the 12th floor.

Actually I didn't want to go back to this property but since I already had prepaid reservation so I would give a try again. Surprisingly, the 2nd stay is more positive than the previous one.

Good:
- got surprise welcome letter from the new GM; mentioning that he pleased to welcome me back
- there is a special guest relation staff that took me to the room while explaining the hotel; which is very nice. Far better than my previous stay
- Complimentary Mineral Waters are everywhere in the room
- Welcome fruits; not sure if it's because I booked suite, platinum status or as repeated guest; but still highly appreciated.
- Welcome chocolates in the room
- The points posted on the next day; while my previous stay took almost 2 weeks (+ far lower than it supposed to!!!) so it's definitely improving !!! ^

Bad:
- The executive lounge still hasn't opened yet; while my booking should include the lounge access which is supposed to "breakfast included" but since their lounge is not opened; the hotel thought my booking is room only (without breakfast), after emailed them several time that rooms with lounge access benefits should automatically got breakfast included on other Accor hotels but finally they told me that our breakfasts are free.

Yes, since their services are definitely improving !
Old May 4, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Saigon Sofitel Plazza

Platinum

This was my second stay at this hotel and I were very happy to come again

Booked Deluxe executive room at the lounge level.

When we arrived, the hostess says in the lift that we have been upgraded (so for a suite) but when we arrived in the room I understand that it was the same (single) room !! I showed my reservation and she asked us to wait, and goes to his manager. she came back 15 ' after and upgrade really in
a big suite with two rooms.

- How are the rooms?

Magnificent suite with a very beautiful view at 19h level

Good:
- big pool at the 18th room,
- the executive lounge where you can have breakfast and free happy hours from 6 to 8 pm with very good food and drinks

Bad:

nothing

I paid with three vouchers A-club and some money

The limo that the hotel send on (mail or phone) request to the airport is expensive (60$++) compared to 10$ with Mai Lin taxi for return.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:22 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold, A-Club Platinum
Thumbs up Mercure Bangkok Siam

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes

Booked Superior room. Check in at 230pm, was told if i could wait an hour i would be upgraded to the executive suite. Went out and came back at 9pm and the suite was ready.

- How are the rooms?

Small for a Suite, at 38sqm at 23th level but was the biggest type of rooms at the hotel

View was v nice

Good:

Location is very good, right beside the national stadium BTS
Housekeeping was very thorough
Got a late checkout at 4pm

Bad:

Airconditioning was poor on the first night, took about 1-2 hours for the technicians to fix it up

I paid with points and some money, paid about 70USD per night after points

Yes I would return
Old May 8, 2013, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Novotel Nice Arenas - Nice airport

Platinum

Yes

Booked superior room. Did not expect any upgrade as this is not a known benefit at Novotel, and got none. However, I checked-in at 11:00 (so early, compared to the normal check-in time), and while they said 30 sec before to another person who was also checking-in that no room was available yet, they search for me which room was ready and got it instantly ^
I was at the end of the corridor, so no noise at all.

- How are the rooms?
Typical Novotel room with the double bed and the sofa. Separate bathroom and toilets.

Good: I choose this location at the airport for the convenience and for my specific needs for this trip. The hotel has a free shuttle to the terminals. Also several public bus lines are stopping nearby and this allows you to go easily downtown.
All staff members were very friendly and helpful. I asked for a late check-out at 2pm and got it without pb.
I also liked the view from my room of the airport and planes traffic.

Bad: nothing really. It's a Novotel, so you know what to expect and this one match exactly the expectations + the very nice staff.

Yes, if the airport location suits my needs, otherwise usually I prefer a downtown location. The fares were quite high (around 135€) for a Novotel, but fares in Nice are really crazy everywhere and reach total madness the closer to downtown you are.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Sofitel Sukhumvit

Platinum

Yes

Booked Deluxe room. Received a Luxury (Hčrmes toiletries, club access) corner room, but had to wait for nearly two hours to get a smoking room

- How are the rooms?
This was my 3rd stay, and my least favourite room. Housekeeping didn't do a good job this time (for a new hotel in Bangkok!). This property is only 1 year old and the carpet needs to be burned, one of the electrical outlets is hanging. I did not experience these problems in the 2 previous rooms.

Good:

Location is excellent
Staff go above and beyond (except for housekeeping this time)
Especially enjoy the lounge staff

Bad:

Spotty room
Airconditioning noisy and slow to cool the room

Underwhelmed with this room, but really enjoy this hotel in general. It is a bit steep, though.

Yes I would return
Old May 11, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: A3G, TK E, LH blue, Accor Plat, Fairmont, IHG, Fraser
MGallery - Hotel Baltimore Paris

What is your Le Club status?

Platinum

Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Deluxe booked, Junior Suite received. Turndown service, welcome drinks, late checkout (14:30 was the latest they could offer us)

How are the rooms?

Small, as you might suspect in such location, but very nice Parisian decor, clean, good Nespresso machine

What was good and what was bad?

Good:

- Location, Location, Location. Between Trocadero and the Arc De Triomphe, metro stations near. Ideal for our short visit to Paris.
- Good diner suggestion from the hotel desk (restaurant Jamin, 3 minutes on foot, they have the menu at the reception desk. Very nice 35€ pp menu)

Bad:

- They didn't want to park the car. Had to do that myself in the garage just across the street (about 32€ / day). It was slightly tricky to maneuver into with a big german car, so that may have been the reason.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?

Paid 160€ (accor summer private sales) minus 10% cashback. A good price considering the junior suite goes for 350/night. Ow, and got 866 airmiles :-)

Would certainly consider going back, if not only for the location.
Old May 11, 2013, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Seles

Bad:

- They didn't want to park the car. Had to do that myself in the garage just across the street (about 32€ / day). It was slightly tricky to maneuver into with a big german car, so that may have been the reason.
Really? That is not normal. They have never had a problem parking my car, even a large Grand Scenic. Glad you liked the hotel though. It's one of my favorites.
Old May 11, 2013, 7:20 am

Programs: A3G, TK E, LH blue, Accor Plat, Fairmont, IHG, Fraser
Originally Posted by stimpy
Really? That is not normal. They have never had a problem parking my car, even a large Grand Scenic. Glad you liked the hotel though. It's one of my favorites.
I was already happy I didn't have to park it on the streets of Paris tbh ;-)
And I can clearly understand this hotel being someones favorite. Everything else was great. Setting off for my WAW-IST-KUL trip (the TK business class fare) next week and booked the Pullman in Putrajaya and the Sofitel in WAW, and hope to be equally happy with those. I'll certainly post my experiences here.
Old May 11, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Question Hotel Muse, MGallery Collection, Krung Thep

Platinum

Yes

Walk-in booking. FDA presented the RACK rates, then when kindly asked for BAR, told them. Showed my card, was presented with a discount. FDA took it back and said it's only for Advantage Plus, not for Accor because I have the wrong card(?).
gently asked if I could receive a better room. FDA promised a 'corner room'.

- How are the rooms?
I thoroughly enjoyed the room. Very nice décor and roomy bathroom with an inviting bathtub, separate shower and a fullblown makeup table/stool/mirror for an SO.

What I really liked was the fact that the tv was hidden away in a cabinet and appeared with a remote control.

Looking at the floor plan the corner room had a vastly more spacious bathroom compared to some rooms. Eventhough the FDA said it was a corner room, there was only 1 window / view, and, a rather poor one, I might add!

Good:

Location is pretty good with both Rajadamri, Sukhumvit and Lumphini at walking distances
Room is nice for a basic level room
The terrace bar Speakeasy accepts smokers and is really nice. It's also popular among non-guests but definitely not busy

Bad:

Bad platinum treatment. Virtually non-existent? Seemed that the FDA felt she went above and beyond upgrading me slightly. 4pm checkout not honoured because already given an upgrade? no welcome drink or amenity

Soso value. Really liked the room but felt pricing is too close to Sofitel Sukhumvit

Last edited by remymartin; May 12, 2013 at 11:05 pm Reason: Android copy paste muckup. Please re-read review
Old May 12, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Pullman Roissy CDG

Gold.

Absolutely.

Booked a classic room, got upgraded to a superior room, and a renovated one at that (they paid particular attention to ensuring I get a renovated room at check-in, without any request on my part)

- How are the rooms?

The renovated ones are excellent, exactly what you'd expect from a 4* hotel, albeit with a much more pronounced design.

Good:

Price

Bad:

Undergoing extensive renovation
Somewhat difficult to reach the first time around

I would absolutely return. At under 100€, the value is unbeatable, and it was actually a much better base for my one-night stay in Paris for business purposes than a hotel in the city centre. I've learned to appreciate waking up at the airport itself with a morning flight!
Old May 12, 2013, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by gojko88
Pullman Roissy CDG
Undergoing extensive renovation
I'm glad to learn this because it was clearly needed.
Old May 12, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by Seles
I was already happy I didn't have to park it on the streets of Paris tbh ;-)
And I can clearly understand this hotel being someones favorite. Everything else was great. Setting off for my WAW-IST-KUL trip (the TK business class fare) next week and booked the Pullman in Putrajaya and the Sofitel in WAW, and hope to be equally happy with those. I'll certainly post my experiences here.
Do you realize Pullman Putrajaya is not anywhere near the city if you're going for sightseeing in the city that property might not be that ideal a location.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.