Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RJ77
Do you realize Pullman Putrajaya is not anywhere near the city if you're going for sightseeing in the city that property might not be that ideal a location.
There is lots of business at Putrajaya so maybe that is the reason he is going there. Or, if the Pullman is anything like the magnificent Marriott Putrajaya it is almost a destination in itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same owner.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Mercure Sapporo, Japan

Mercure Sapporo, Japan
- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Booked two standard rooms, one room was upgraded to Superior room

- How are the rooms?
still new and fresh; the room was on the corner of the floor; overlooking to the Sapporo TV Tower; which is very nice

Good :
Got welcome letter with chocolates, Guest Relation dept. is very helpful, good location, and the WIFI is extremely fast
Bad:
None

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Sure
Old May 13, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Mercure Tokyo Ginza, Japan

Mercure Tokyo Ginza, Japan
- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Deluxe and got deluxe room

- How are the rooms?
better than I expected since some of my friends told me that the hotel room is very small. However, it is quite big; probably since I booked the deluxe room.

Good :
Staffs are helpful and speaks English fluently

Bad:
Awful WiFi in the room, location bit a hard to find.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not sure; since it's quite more expensive comparing to Courtyard Marriott Ginza nearby so probably I'll book Courtyard since their location is better than Mercure Ginza.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:55 am

Novotel Düsseldorf Am Seestern

- What is your Le Club status? GOLD

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Its OK for a short stay

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard, got standard, low floor.

- How are the rooms? One

Good:
- The rooms are fairly large
- The room was made when I come from work
- The food was warm when delivered by room service
- The restaurant staff is very friendly

Bad:
- The hotel is overdue a full remodel
- The rooms are run down in particular the bathroom is a disaster zone
- The beds are way to soft, your back hurts if you have to sleep many night in them
- The front desk staff is rude (that might be Germany for you though)

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Used the Vodafone rate so paid € 75 per night including breakfast and free WiFi, so value is rather good.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:37 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by stimpy
There is lots of business at Putrajaya so maybe that is the reason he is going there. Or, if the Pullman is anything like the magnificent Marriott Putrajaya it is almost a destination in itself. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same owner.
If only the upkeep of the properties are as impressive as the building and the grounds.
Old May 14, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: A3G, TK E, LH blue, Accor Plat, Fairmont, IHG, Fraser
Originally Posted by RJ77
If only the upkeep of the properties are as impressive as the building and the grounds.
Hi RJ77 & Stimpy!

On the risk of going a bit offtopic, but thanks RJ77 for the heads-up about Putrajaya. I've had the opportunity to visit KLCC once before on a 3 night stopover from Bali, so I was aware that it is indeed a bit far from KLCC.

I booked the Pullman for 2n for relaxation purpouses, followed by 3n in Penang and 1n in KLCC for some shopping. And 1n in the Sofitel WAW on the way back.

I'll post in the waw-ist-kul thread for my travel report and here for the Accor experiences. Back to packing now ;-)
Old May 14, 2013, 10:00 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by Seles
Hi RJ77 & Stimpy!

On the risk of going a bit offtopic, but thanks RJ77 for the heads-up about Putrajaya. I've had the opportunity to visit KLCC once before on a 3 night stopover from Bali, so I was aware that it is indeed a bit far from KLCC.

I booked the Pullman for 2n for relaxation purpouses, followed by 3n in Penang and 1n in KLCC for some shopping. And 1n in the Sofitel WAW on the way back.

I'll post in the waw-ist-kul thread for my travel report and here for the Accor experiences. Back to packing now ;-)
Glad you know it. It's perfect place if you look for quietude. Do insist on lakeview room on Bunga Raya wing (if memory serves me right) out of the 4 wings.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
ibis Sibyr Omsk

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum (wink-wink).

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard room, no brekkie. No upgrade and no Plat recognition except some measly points, but I didn't expect anything from an ibis, although it was empty for the Labor Day holidays.

- How are the rooms? Small and dull, very spartan. No toiletries except some basic soap gel.

Good: Central location in Omsk. Bedding. Beer in the hotel bar. Fast wi-fi included in the rate. Good water pressure in the shower (that is, when they finally gave us hot water). Location was good. Did I say that already? There, I can say it again: l-o-c-a-t-i-o-n.

Bad: No hot water for the first two days of our stay. No late check-out. Dodgy security with a number of doors on our floor bearing signs of forced entry; our room door had a defective card lock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcNTDgHLWj0

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Rather low for personal travel, maybe OK for corporate one. Would you return? No, there are other options in town.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
The Muse MGallery Bangkok

Platinum

It was ok. Not a bad stay but not as amazing as I'd been led to believe.

booked Yama Residence - got Yama Residence. It was a 2 level suite and is their best room. I booked it in a 50% off sale and the price difference between the cheapest room and this was only about $20 so I just booked it.

- How are the rooms?
Despite it bring on 2 levels, and it had a dining room, lounge, bathroom upstairs and separate toilet downstairs) the room felt really poky. The stairs are really steep and I fell down them at night when getting up to one of my boys (despite being aware of how steep they were and trying not to slip).

Good:

- Breakfast was great
- Dinner was also great in the restaurant

Bad:
- just wasn't as good as it had been made out to be.
- Room wasn't great

- Value for $ or Vouchers?
Kind of.

Would you return?
No. Other better Accor hotels in Bangkok.
Old May 20, 2013, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mercure Budapest City Centre

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard double, got a standard double

- How are the rooms? Rubbish. Mine was especially bad with a huge chunk carved out of the space by the building design. Small, drab and slightly musty.

Good :
The guys on the bar were friendly
Bad:
Rooms were crap and the wifi slow and unreliable

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Not if I can avoid. Accor has yet to deliver an even halfway decent experience this year. I think I'll stick with Hilton.
Old May 20, 2013, 4:54 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Sofitel Hyland Shanghai

Plat

Yes.

Exec Dlx, upgraded to next catagory. Which I believe can be called a junior suite (Bed + Small living). Upon recommendation by a frequent Hyland stayer I was told to ask for room 2609 which I did. Managed to get that room on the second day. Still the same bed+living, but its a much bigger living room where putting the extra bed for my daughter was not of an issue (in the previous j. suite the extra bed meant that the sitting area in the living room couldnt be used.

- How are the rooms?
Just "ok". Old building, so rooms are generally quite small. Showings sign of age..

Overall good. I felt the exec lounge could do with a better spread during the evening.
One problem happened on the last evening. Were having dinner in the restaurant on second floor. Sitting far inside (away from the entrance). The moment we sat down a stranger walked in and took a picture of my daughter (the, "oh so cute" in chinese style). Didnt think much of it and dismissed it. 10 minutes later another stranger came in and wanted to do the same, but she was stopped at the entrance. An hour later a guy and a girl came in and were about to take a picture when I stood up and starting making a deal.. restaurant staff chased them out. These people came off the streets (downstairs!) to just take pictures..
I guess you cant stop them at the entrance, but why the restaurant just simply allows people to waltz in I don't understand..

Yes
Old May 20, 2013, 6:13 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Qantas Platinum
Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach, Thailand

Platinum

Absolutely. Even though this hotel is still in its soft opening, it was the best Pullman I've stayed in (have stayed in 5 other Pullmans)

Booked Grand Ocean, and had a Grand Ocean for first 4 days and then upgraded to a Pool Villa for the last 3 days. There are only 7 Pool Villas and so it's hard to have an upgrade to them because of them being booked out.

- How are the rooms?
Both rooms were great - the Pool Villa was sensational - outdoor shower, bathtub on veranda, great living space and amazing views. The alfresco area was amazing too - just so relaxing, and the whole hotel has be so well designed from start to finish.

The Grand Ocean was also amazing - sensational view - great facilities - we loved both rooms just the Pool Villa was that much more special.

Good:
- The hotel is beautiful - great aesthetics, felt so relaxing
- Pool was amazing, big, well designed, great kids area
- We ate at both restaurants and food was great and reasonably priced (not necessarily cheap compared to Thailand but also wasn't expensive - I do have advantage plus membership so that also makes it 50% off)
- The Tuk Tuk service to take you to and from your room was efficient and a lot of fun for our boys. The hotel is on a hill so it can be a hard walk back up to your room but its so easy to get a Tuk Tuk to get up or down
- Location was so quiet and relaxing. We are in Patong now and it's a bit of a culture shock after such a quiet and relaxing week
- Kids club was amazing and our boys loved being in there. Staff were so caring and friendly.
- Staff had that typical Thai warmth and friendliness - just loved them all.

Bad:
- It's still in the soft opening so not all facilities are open yet. Can't wait to go back when it's completed
- If you want action (shopping, activities) you have to drive - there is a Mini Mart down the road and a couple of beach restaurants and the hotel Tuk Tuk will take you there (for free) but otherwise there's nothing to do (which we loved) unless you are paying for a taxi
- The beach isn't the safest to swim in (Red Flags all the time we were there) and is quite dirty.

- Value for $ or Vouchers?
Absolutely. We found it very good value both for the room rate (booked on a 50% off sale) and also whilst in the hotel

Would you return?
I want to go back today. Currently at the MGallery B-Lay Tong in Patong and want to leave and go back to our little bit of paradise. We will definitely be back - especially when the hotel is fully complete.
Old May 23, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay

- What is your Le Club status ?
Platinum

Yes

Standard room booked. Was upgraded one category, on the club floor (but without club access). Knowing that no real benefits are expectable at Novotel, this was nevertheless an acceptable treatment although I think they could have granted me a club access.
I sent an e-mail the day before arriving to enquire about platinum treatment. I received a standard response full of copy/paste of standard sentences just to repeat things that I know by heart (e.g. Upgrades upon availability, etc). Arriving at the hotel, I asked the lady who was taking care of my check-in and she repeated that it was upon availability OK, but now I'm here, so you should know. She discussed with one of her colleague and came back to me announcing the upgrade . She was nice, but probably a bit inexperienced.
Otherwise, no drink voucher.

- How are the rooms?
Large, well equipped with Nespresso machine, desk, flat screen TV, sofa, etc. amenities included bathrobe and slippers. The view on Clark quay and the city in general was quite nice. Bathroom was large also, included a bath tub and a separate shower.

Good: perfect location in town, modern hotel

Bad:
- wifi not free and sold at atrocious price (SGD 28 for 24 hrs ). This is not unique to this hotel, as I had a friend staying in another hotel at the same time and it was also SGD 28. I thought Accor wanted to offer wifi in all Asia-Pacific hotels
- everytime I took a shower, I had plenty of water leaking from the shower to the bathroom floor
- shaver plug was not working, but it was quickly solved after mentioning it to the staff

Yes if central location is important. This hotel is far from being cheap, as unfortunately many hotels in Singapore, but there might be some better deals in town. Next time I go to SIN, I will try the new Sofitel So (unfortunately, it is still under construction at the moment).
Old May 23, 2013, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Novotel Century Hong Kong

- What is your Le Club status ?
Platinum

Yes

Standard room booked. Was upgraded one category. I think,the room was basically the same, but included extra amenities like a bathrobe and slippers.
I received an e-mail from the hotel some days before arrival, to enquire about my expected arrival time. I replied to give the information and also to enquire about platinum treatment. They answered rapidly to say that proper arrangements have been made
check-in was efficient and I was also given a drink voucher. In the room, some cakes, sweets and fruits were placed. Branded mineral water was also given (in addition to the standard Novotel-branded mineral water).

- How are the rooms?
Small (as often in HK). Bathroom (small also) with WC and shower (no bath tub).

Good:
- location in town
- modern hotel
- nice bar and buffet restaurant
- Free wifi
- excellent staff at front desk who managed to do all formalities for me to retrieve, in a few hours, my laptop that I forgot in the plane I took to arrive in HK :-::-::-:

Bad:
Nothing really, except the small rooms.

Yes. HK is very expensive for hotels. This Novotel is not a bad deal in terms of value for $
Old May 24, 2013, 12:55 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Yes

Privilege room booked and that's what got.

- How are the rooms?
Reasonably sized, well designed room with open shower which may not be to everyone's liking. Nespresso machine, free soft drinks.

Good:
Room design, free wifi, comfortable bed, friendly staff

Bad:
No bar/restaurant really, only breakfast room, slow single elevator

Not great value, Paris rates are rarely good value and most other hotels were sold out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.