Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 9:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PeterT1953

What on earth were you shaving? Was it relevant to the FT do? I think we should be told.
Wasn't shaving anything at the time of the accident! For some reason i grabbed it when i was attempting to pull down the window blind and only realised when i noticed the pull cord going red with blood Needless to say i gave up
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
Wasn't shaving anything at the time of the accident! For some reason i grabbed it when i was attempting to pull down the window blind and only realised when i noticed the pull cord going red with blood Needless to say i gave up
Thank you for the explanation. I have been trying (yup - having a slow afternoon) to picture the circumstances of your attempts to turn a novotel bathroom into a low rent version of the set from "Psycho". And failing!

But thank you for cheering up an otherwise rather damp London afternoon.

I trust the London do was good?
Old Jun 13, 2013, 10:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by PeterT1953

I trust the London do was good?
Good enough to forgive the looks of the night staff!!
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:27 pm

Hotel Nemzeti by MGallery in Budapest

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum (signed up for it and decided to try Accor on personal expense, have stayed on a group rate before)

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard. Received upgrade for superior. I also received a drink voucher and a welcome gift.

How was the room?
It was nice. Only on the second day I realized I was staying on the top floor (long flight and no sleep on the plane), which was an attic (historical building), and to look in the window I had to stand up on a chair. Not sure I would prefer the same room again though, but since I was happy overall and was out of the room most of the time, it didn`t really bother me (well, a little)

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
The hotel is gorgeous and front office staff is amazing. They truly expressed hospitality in their service. I also liked little touches such as good night cards and chocolate.

Bad:
The only small issue I had was housekeeping. I stayed eight nights, and every time they "forgot" to leave some or all amenities. Water and chocolate was inconsistent as well. Not sure if the housekeeping staff was taking it, but front desk has always delivered it to me in a few minutes after a call. It is strange though. Another thing was they walked in on me multiple times, sometimes at 8AM and without knocking on the door. If you stay at that hotel, make sure you keep DND sigh at all times you are in the room. It was annoying.

Negative to LeClub, not to hotel:
I didn`t get points and had to battle with LeClub six times. Sent proof of everything, and only when complained on LeClub`s Facebook page, they fixed it. Apparently, their LeClub staff doesn`t have access to reservation system (or so I was told)

Would you return?
Looking forward to it.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Kat007

Negative to LeClub, not to hotel:
I didn`t get points and had to battle with LeClub six times. Sent proof of everything, and only when complained on LeClub`s Facebook page, they fixed it. Apparently, their LeClub staff doesn`t have access to reservation system (or so I was told)

Would you return?
Looking forward to it.
I always email the hotel if I didn't get my points and it would only take within the same day, they will post my points correctly. Le Club Customer services are useless.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Mercure Letchworth Hall

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Not hugely

Booked a standard room, got an accessible room right next to the building works instead (downgrade?)

- How are the rooms?
No desk chair, no shower curtain, air conditioning didn't work properly, so generally not great...

The health club next door (run by a different company) had wonderfully friendly staff and was great, total contrast to the hotel... Restaurant seemed understaffed, but great food

Hotel no longer offers the free drink for Le Club Platinum that they used to do, checkin has no record of any Le Club details despite online booking, reception staff slow and not very friendly or welcoming. Breakfast was really expensive.

Other hotels in the area offer a much better experience for the same price, so I won't be back any time soon.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Platinum.

yep, very nice stay

Booked a (standard) luxury room and got upgraded to a luxury club room

The upgrade includes free internet access, free breakfast at either club lounge or Voilá restaurant, club lounge access, a late check out at 2 pm and a voucher for a free drink at the hotel bar. You can't ask for more

- How are the rooms?

My club room was located at 19th floor, very spacious, high quality furniture, a very good bed (though not as great as the ones at Sofitel So). Great accomodation for one or two guests.

Good:

Room
Breakfast

Bad:

My room was "just" at 19th floor, I love to stay at higher floors (ok, that's nitpicking ....)

Great value though I booked with points (and a mere rest of 241 THB). Lot's of competition in Bangkok among 5 star hotels but I probably will be back, albeit just for a promotion rate

Last edited by olisch; Jun 24, 2013 at 5:15 am
Old Jun 26, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: ALL Platinum
M Gallery Köln am Dom (Cologne Cathedral Germany)

M Gallery Mondial Köln am Dom (Cologne Cathedral Germany)

Platinum

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, was a one night stay on a Fr/Sat-night. Booked on wednesday via Accor Wednesday Sale.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard, upgraded to superior without asking. "Of course you have been upgraded". Handed voucher drink for two, had no time to take it.

How are the rooms?
Used to be a Sofitel, reflagged as M Gallery. Hotel was built in 1960s, room sizes therefore small like e.g. Sofitel Quiberon (France). A bit tired but still show some kind of Sofitel feeling.

What was good and what was bad?
Friendly and fast check-in. Five minutes on foot from Cologne central station, right behind world famous cathedral, five further minutes to the Rhine, one minute to Museum Ludwig (pop-art) and Römisch-Germanisches-Museum (roman heritage). Five more minutes to Wallraf-Richartz-Museum (bit like Orsay in Paris). And be aware: on summer evenings and nights, this location is part of the tourist area called "Altstadt". One might call it vibrant night life as well. So rooms facing centre court might be better, perhaps you might even see parts of the catheral towers from there. Nontheless, imagine autumn or winter and the hotel might be on a wonderful location, but during summer nights on a weekend, it is just like Leicester Square (for the english on flyertalk). Info for you as well (june 2013): UK-TV in room included BBC 1 and 2 as well as ITV 1,2 and 4. Around 100 channels, most German. Superior room came with large bath, bathrobe and slippers.
Be aware: hotel currently under renovation. Asked during check-out, rooms facing cathedral are refurbished and enlarged (perhaps two will end up as one). Don't know, if all rooms are concerned. And don't know about rate changes as well.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
As it was a Wednesday-sale: yes! But even if not, depending on season we might return as location might be very good.

Last edited by frechen; Jun 27, 2013 at 2:04 am
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Skyway Shanghai

Plat

Mixed.
Lounge was great on the top floor but its only temporary as they are renovating. No welcome fruits / drink.

Exec Room upgraded to deluxe suite.

- How are the rooms?

Quite worn. No wifi. No international plugs.

Good: Near train station. Friendly lounge staff. Food was ok.

Bad: Renovations supposed to start at 8am, but the jackhammer started at 7:30am. Some floors have offices so not exclusively hotel guests around.

Not likely.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:13 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Pullman Wuxi, China

Plat.

Very. Hotel is a gem in the middle of nowhere - but we are talking about the hotel right?

Executive Room upgraded to Deluxe Suite. Welcome Fruits (no drinks voucher)

- How are the rooms?

Total opposite to the Pullman Skyway in Shanghai. Grand, new and well decorated. A brand new hotel with all amenities (except wifi in the room?! but they install a router if you need wifi) and just like the Pullman skyway no international plugs

Good: Almost everything.

Bad: The hotel has very low occupancy due to its remoteness and as such dont serve breakfast in the lounge. The restaurant breakfast is too "local" for my taste. First night at midnight they decided to switch off/increase the overall aircon temperature to 25C+. Even setting it to 16C the temperature kept increasing. Called and made some noise. 5minutes later the temperature came down again. Was not repeated the second night.

Yes! (If I'm in the area)
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:21 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Sofitel Shanghai Sheshan Oriental

Plat

Yes.

Luxury Room Club Sofitel upgraded to a Suite

- How are the rooms?

Quite worn. Leather peeling off work table. Towels like in a 3 star hotel. But good size and bed is comfortable. Large bathroom.

Good: Nice lounge that gets very busy on saturday and sunday due to the Shanghai weekend crowd. Lots of kids (including mine). Good hotel for a weekend retreat. 45minutes by train from People's Square. They had wifi in the room and international plugs

Bad: Rooms are quite dated. Called our room at 12noon on our check out day and told us we should be out of the room by now..

For a weekend - yes - if stay 3 for 2 offer or similar.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Sofitel Hyland Shanghai

Platinum

Globally, Yes.
This was my 2nd stay in this hotel (5 nights), but the previous one was back 7-8 years ago. I was not extremely enthusiastic about this 1st stay as I found the rooms very basic and disappointing (more like an old tired Mercure or Novotel style) and the staff was quite rude and very poorly trained on all Accor stuff . After this stay, I wrote to the hotel manager (French) who apologized for the inconveniences and explained me that it was really hard to have good staff in mainland China and that the turnover was very high. But the strongest point of this hotel is its location that is unbeatable. It is right in the middle of the pedestrian area of Nanjing rd, so if you're in Shanghai for tourism, there's no better location. So because of this and because a friend told me the hotel has been completely refurbished, I decided to give it another try.
It was true for the renovation, because I did not recognize at all the main lobby, bar and restaurant. It was way nicer than what I experienced during my 1st stay and I had this time the feeling to be in a Sofitel.
I have to say also that the staff was much nicer and had better English skills globally, but this last point as well as Le Club training are still to be improved (see below).

Well, that was the most "chaotic" part of my stay. I booked a junior suite. At check-in, while the agent was typing and typing on his keyboard, I asked him if they had an upgrade for me and he said yes, we have already upgraded you. OK great ^. Then he asked "did you cancel your booking ?" I replied no and in fact explained him that I had originally another booking which I indeed cancelled because I made another one with their special summer sale -40%. So, despite the fact that those 2 bookings had different references and only one was cancelled, I don't know why this was messy in his system. Or I should rather say that I know why : we know that hotels and "central Accor" IT systems are different and do not communicate well. I don't know when Accor will decide to seriously work on essential these IT issues.
So, after a few more keyboard typing , he gave me my key for a room on 25th floor. So, having booked a junior suite and being upgraded, I was expecting a kind of executive suite. But, when I opened the door, I was in a regular classic room, I have to say a nice one but not even a junior suite .
So going down again...the guy apologized and said he just realized his mistake when I left the front desk. He gave me another key for the 21st floor. I also told him he didn't give me the drink voucher . Another apology and I left with 2 vouchers
My 2nd room was indeed a suite but was for sure a junior suite, so I'm 99% sure that there was no upgrade here, not even a club access
But the room was nice and I was tired, just arriving from Paris, so I didn't want to continue an useless fight. Within 10 min after I arrived in the room, a guy from room service bring a plate of fresh fruits and macarons and a lady came with a choice of 2 gifts (for platinum members) : a set of postcards or a Sofitel shoe bag (same as the ones you find in the closets for the slippers). I took the shoe bag.

- How are the rooms?
The room was large and nice. 2 parts, as expected in a suite. Wonderful view overlooking Nanjing Rd. 2 TVs, nice bathroom with Hermès toiletries products.
Very quiet

- good : nice staff, except at the bar where I found them bored and disinterested. As said before : location :-::-::-::-::-:, very good buffet restaurant (excellent value for money)
- bad : platinum recognition (see above), English skills for the bar staff (even the basics are not understood at all for some staff members). Very surprisingly, the hotel has started another renovation. In the middle of my stay, a letter was placed in my room announcing that, from the next day, they were starting a set of room renovations + all the lobby/bar/main restaurant areas (2nd floor). So the front desk was transferred to the small street level entrance and bar/buffet restaurant were transferred to the 4th floor. For me there was no renovation needed for the lobby/restaurant, but as they are doing it, let's hope for the best. But I have to say that I didn't hear any noise from this renovation.^
The only thing missing in this hotel is a pool. It would have been great as it was very hot in Shanghai (35-38 deg)

Yes. I had an excellent fare with the special summer sale, but even at the regular price, this hotel has adequate prices IMHO. But they need to work on Le Club staff training...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
What hotels are we talking about?

Maybe it is only me - but I think that the posts are a little bit difficult to understand when the property is not known. And that is the case when the posts are read in the App - it seems to hide the titles. Would it be a good idea to also state the name of the property somewhere in the post (until somebody actually fixes the issue with not displaying posting titles in the Apps)?

Last edited by Kvet01; Jul 15, 2013 at 12:00 pm
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold
Hotel Nemzeti Budapest

- Name of the hotel:
Hotel Nemzeti Budapest

Platinum

Yes

Classic upgraded to Superior, plus given local jam and a welcome letter

- How are the rooms?
Absolutely perfect: high ceilings, brightly lit and quiet. The hotel's been recently refurbished and it has been done to a very high standard.

Good:
Hotel staff - very helpful
Breakfast - huge selection, even catered for diabetics
Architecture
Amenities
Room size
Value for money

Bad:
That it was only given a 4, instead of 5 star rating

Would definitely go back - at €60 per night via the Accor site, (inc breakfast), this was an absolute bargain, staffed by lovely courteous people.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Kvet01
Maybe it is only me - but I think that the posts are a little bit difficult to understand when the property is not known. And that is the case when the posts are read in the App - it seems to hide the titles. Would it be a good idea to also state the name of the property somewhere in the post (until somebody actually fixes the issue with not displaying posting titles in the Apps)?
All you have to do is open up your browser to see the thread title. We shouldn't be forced to change our standard due to a bug which can easily be worked around with a click or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.