FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:27 pm
Kat007

Hotel Nemzeti by MGallery in Budapest

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum (signed up for it and decided to try Accor on personal expense, have stayed on a group rate before)

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Standard. Received upgrade for superior. I also received a drink voucher and a welcome gift.

How was the room?
It was nice. Only on the second day I realized I was staying on the top floor (long flight and no sleep on the plane), which was an attic (historical building), and to look in the window I had to stand up on a chair. Not sure I would prefer the same room again though, but since I was happy overall and was out of the room most of the time, it didn`t really bother me (well, a little)

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
The hotel is gorgeous and front office staff is amazing. They truly expressed hospitality in their service. I also liked little touches such as good night cards and chocolate.

Bad:
The only small issue I had was housekeeping. I stayed eight nights, and every time they "forgot" to leave some or all amenities. Water and chocolate was inconsistent as well. Not sure if the housekeeping staff was taking it, but front desk has always delivered it to me in a few minutes after a call. It is strange though. Another thing was they walked in on me multiple times, sometimes at 8AM and without knocking on the door. If you stay at that hotel, make sure you keep DND sigh at all times you are in the room. It was annoying.

Negative to LeClub, not to hotel:
I didn`t get points and had to battle with LeClub six times. Sent proof of everything, and only when complained on LeClub`s Facebook page, they fixed it. Apparently, their LeClub staff doesn`t have access to reservation system (or so I was told)

Would you return?
Looking forward to it.