Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Vienna

- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Vienna

- What is your Le Club status? Plat

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Excellent stay, perfect hotel, great service so yes From my perspective one of the best in Europe in terms of Le Club treatment.

Standard > Suite

- How are the rooms?

Great, excellent views over Vienna, very modern

Good: Great personalised welcome, upgrade, full retail sized toiletries

Bad: Nothing

Yes and yes!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:58 am

Awesome!! What kind of suite was it, and was there executive lounge service too?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:04 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Awesome!! What kind of suite was it, and was there executive lounge service too?
Prestige, no lounge. I had a chat with the GM and they are not planning to introduce one either. They see it very much an Asia Pacific thing.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by starflyergold
- Name of the hotel: Sofitel Vienna
No lounge?
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
No lounge?
What about complimentary breakfast?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
Rio Janeiro Sofitel Copacabana

- Name of the hotel:
Rio Janeiro Sofitel Copacabana

Platinum

First Time no /second time yes

Both time I reserved a Executive Room.
Once I got no upgrade. Second time I got a huge Suite. (one level under presidental suite, I dont remember the name)

- How are the rooms?
Standard executive Room was okay. Suite was great

Good:
Location, Service the second Time

Bad:
Age of the Building, Service the first time.

I think so
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Mercure Miramar Surabaya

- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Miramar Surabaya

Gold

Overall...yes

Booked 2 superior rooms on the first night; and booked 1 suite + 1 superior on the second night. Got an upsell to suite on the first night for one of the superior room.

- How are the rooms?
The suite is ok; just big but not luxurious; The superior room is surprisingly big and the ambiance is quite the same.

Good:
Friendly staffs, big rooms, book prepaid but wasn't charged at all until my departure so I redeem my points to vouchers on my departure date; what a heaven; prepaid but I could use vouchers on my check-out date. It seems that the hotel continues this practice since I read other people in TA also thought their booking has already been charged to their CC since the booking was prepaid; but it seems they haven't charged at all to the customer's CC eventhough the bookings are prepaid.

Bad:

The staffs didn't understand what the differences between third-party Advantage Plus program with Le Club; the main loyalty program. Painful check-out since most of the staffs didn't know how to validate le Club vouchers. And no recognition for Elite Membership.

Given that the price was so cheap; so it was great value of money. Yes, sure.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:42 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

I found the breakfast at the mercure surabaya quite bland. Even the indon dishes are just so so.. I think the next time I'll just go for rawon setan for breakfast Lunch & dinner
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Hyderabad Airport

- What is your Le Club status? Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Very pleasant stay

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked Superior Room, which is the lowest category in the hotel. Advised at the check-in counter that I'm a platinum member. Still had to proactively ask for an upgrade. Upgraded to a Premier Floor Room with lounge access to boot.

- How are the rooms? To be honest, the Premier room felt reasonably specious but couldn't shake off the feeling that the standard room could be a touch cramped.

Good: The upgrade was much appreciated since it came with lounge access. All the Premier Rooms are on 6th floor, the same floor as the lounge. Free internet was a tangible benefit, though its speed ranged from abysmal to barely usable. The rooms are pretty modern and there is no shortage of power outlets. The hotel has a huge pool and a poolside restaurant which is very relaxing.

Bad: Surprisingly, the lounge turned out to be pretty basic. It was small, about 15 seats or so. It advertised happy hours for cocktail as 6.30 pm-8.30 pm. However, when I went during that time, they only had hard liquors with some stale canapes and the attendant apologetically informed me that they had stopped offering the complimentary cocktails and that I should partake of them in their restaurant (at a charge, of course). They also advertise that it is open for breakfast from 6.30 am to 10.00 am. Upon entering during those hours in the morning, I found just a basic continental breakfast with no hot items and again, the attendant informed me that....well, you can guess what he said!
This feeling that you are just pushing clients towards your money-spinning restaurant makes it a bit sad imo.
Also, the hotel has 2 types of wireless internet options. There's a very slow basic option which is useful strictly for checking emails. They push you towards the other one, a high speed option which they charge, even for a platinum member. That was also unnecessary, at least to elites.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes, would return. The service was really good in spite of some poor lounge management. Also, the property is very modern and the access to airport can't be beat.

October/November 2013: Stayed in the last week of November 2013.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
I found the breakfast at the mercure surabaya quite bland. Even the indon dishes are just so so.. I think the next time I'll just go for rawon setan for breakfast Lunch & dinner
Haha,..just read your comments. You should try Rawon Kalkulator next time. Locals said that Kalkulator has better taste than Rawon Setan. Since I'm vegetarian so I never try both. lol
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:07 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Name of the hotel: Novotel Le Halles Paris

- What is your Le Club status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? No.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked standard received standard. No free drink and denied late check out.

- How are the rooms? Rooms above lobby are shabby and in a bad condition

- Youths fighting and urinating outside hotel at 4.30 am, not a good nights sleep. Accor failed to respond to current complaint

Good: nothing good about this hotel other than location

Bad: Front desk get pleasure in saying the computer says no.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? 0 Would you return? No
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:11 am

Name of the hotel: Gare de Lyon Paris

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked deluxe, upgraded to executive with free mini bar, two free drinks and late check out offered

- How are the rooms? Executive rooms are excellent

Good: Nice hotel, friendly staff and good location

Bad: Nothing to report

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Yes Would you return? Yes
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:16 am

Name of the hotel: Novotel Bangkok Airport (Two separate stays)

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard upgraded to deluxe first visit and second visit deluxe to executive. Two free drinks offered, 24 hour check-in hotel so check-in check out does not apply

- How are the rooms? Excellent

Good: Location right next to airport, good leisure facilities and good service

Bad: Breakfast is not great, but tends to start at 3.00am until 11.00am so may be the reason

Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:21 am

Name of the hotel: Mercure Koh Chang Thailand

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked pool access received pool access. Two days later received pool villa due to drainage problems. Two free drinks offered, late check out denied.

- How are the rooms? Shabby

Good: Paradise on your door step

Bad: Staff badly trained, breakfast poor, food prices unrealistic

Old Dec 3, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Name of the hotel: Mercure Wessex Winchester.

What is your Le Club status? Gold

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? It was okay.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Classic Double. No upgrade received as the hotel was full for a wedding and conference.

How are the rooms? Small, basic and with tired furniture. The receptionist said that in the absence of an available upgrade he'd give me a room with a view of the cathedral. The view was great but the room only had a shower (classic doubles are supposed to have a bathtub and shower). Didn't bother complaining because there was nowhere else to go.

Good: The location is great and I enjoyed the view of the cathedral.

Bad: The furniture was tatty, the windows need replacing. When I asked for a free drink voucher I was told that this was not a privilege available at Mercure hotels but the receptionist was going to make an exception and give me a voucher for one. This confused me because I thought Golds got a free drink at all L'Accor properties and I've certainly had them at other Mercures without any hassle. In fact the receptionist really didn't impress me - on checking in I'd accidentally left a glove on the front desk. It would have been very easy to call my room and let me know; instead I only got it back when I realised it was missing the next day and thought to ask whether it had been handed in. Not that the other receptionist was any better - the plug in the shower was partially blocked so the water backed up and sloshed out onto the floor. I reported it the next morning and was told housekeeping would fix it for me. The next morning I had exactly the same problem and when I reported it (mentioning the first report) got told there was nothing on the system. I mentioned this on the feedback survey I received afterwards and got an emailed apology from the manager but I'd rather have just had the flipping problem fixed.

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? As I've said before, it's the only chain hotel in Winchester and I have business and leisure there so I will stay there again but on this stay it was not value for money.

1F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.