Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:22 am

Programs: CSA OK+ Gold, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Accor Club Platinum
Hi Stimpy - as I pointed out in the above I am not complaining about the thread title - I understand the concept of scrolling. But in the iPhone App I cannot see the title of the individual post - I can see the title of the thread - no prob. The same issue has been mentioned for Android - a month or two ago. Now the logic of this thread we are in works as follows: you put the name of the property you are reviewing in the post title (the thread title obviously remains the same). The whole thread makes no sense if you only have the information in the body of the posts - because the information on what hotel is dealt with in the body is stored in the post title. That is why I proposed to redundantly mention the hotel name in the body of the post - that way I can understand what is going on when accessing Flyertalk from an iPhone
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
It used to be able to show the property name when one taps on the post. It's gone when I updated the app, so someone at FT needs to fix it.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:29 pm

Name of the hotel: Woehrdersee Hotel Mercure Nuernberg City
What is your Le Club status? Silver
Were you happy with the hotel/stay? Yes
Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Standard to Superior, received free mini bar and 2 vouchers for the bar.
How are the rooms? Modern, decent size, shower integrated in room
What was good and what was bad?

Good: The perks I seemed to have gotten through the status, liked the modern design and the breakfast. Room was quiet, despite the fact that there was a party next door. Staff was able to provide information on public transport.

Bad: -

Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? Yes
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:45 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
- Name of the hotel:

Mercure Leicester City Centre

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

Yes

Booked family room and got a sky studio

- How are the rooms?

We got a studio which was rather larger than I was expecting, was impressed except for lack of plug sockets, there were 3 on one side of the room and non on the other, oh and a mini bar would have been nice but I don't recall any rooms having them on previous occasions

Good:

Because of the hot weather all the hot food items were to order which meant they were fresh which was appreciated
Fan was provided in the room

Bad:

Not all continental breakfast items were available due to breakfast being quiet, was disappointed, the Ibis in Leicester always has cheese and ham available all through their breakfast hours, the last time I stayed at Mercure they served breakfast upstairs and they had moved downstairs to the restaurant, from what I remember food choice previously was much more varied (weather was the same)

I booked this in the sale for Mercure's 40th Birthday, if I had to go to Leicester again I'd probably stick with Ibis
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Quimper Centre

Platinum

Yes

Booked a standard room. No mention of upgrade at checkin, but I noticed they have a pricelist outside the hotel listing room numbers for each level, and the room I'm in is in the higher price bracket for standard

- How are the rooms?
Recently refurbished, not big but well laid out so it doesn't feel crampt

No restaurant, but the staff were very good at recommendations. Generally very friendly

Checkin staff were initially a little confused by my Accor Le Club card, and had to check what to do. Sadly, that didn't involve any drinks vouchers or anything once they checked...

Breakfast looks very overpriced (as seems often to be the case with hotels like this), but lots of places nearby seem to do a much cheaper one!

At list price it's a little expensive (Le Derby a couple of doors down is half the list price, and while I didn't see their rooms the bar was nice and staff very friendly there). I booked during a sale, and at the price I paid it's not bad
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:45 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Name of the hotel:

Sofitel LHR T5

Platinum

So far, so good

Booked a classic room with a queen bed. I got upgraded to a superior king with lounge access.

- How are the rooms?

They look pretty new still. Although my view of the atrium is not very nice.

I would probably return. Rooms are nice and the location cannot be beat if going to LHR (and T5 specifically).
Old Aug 6, 2013, 6:01 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by United747
Sofitel LHR T5
[...]
Booked a classic room with a queen bed. I got upgraded to a superior king with lounge access.
The lounge access is highly unusual -- well done. I've stayed there several times as a Platinum and never been offered it. I don't recall anyone reporting it in the dedicated thread, either, so you might want to add a mention over there and tell us a little about the lounge. Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9, 2013, 7:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IMH
The lounge access is highly unusual -- well done. I've stayed there several times as a Platinum and never been offered it. I don't recall anyone reporting it in the dedicated thread, either, so you might want to add a mention over there and tell us a little about the lounge. Thanks in advance.
Thanks! I will go and post there now. I was very happy with the upgrade.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:14 am

Name of the hotel:

Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof

Platinum

Yes

Booked a superior room, upgraded to a deluxe suite ! I also received a 15€ voucher for the bar or restaurant and a drink voucher.

- How are the rooms?

The deluxe suite is very spacious and comfortable, but it does not feel very luxurious. Not a 5* decoration.

-What was good and what was bad?

Good: The spa is great, and the breakfast is excellent.

Bad: -

Definitely.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Katzz
Name of the hotel:

Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof

Booked a superior room, upgraded to a deluxe suite ! I also received a 15€ voucher for the bar or restaurant and a drink voucher.

- How are the rooms?

The deluxe suite is very spacious and comfortable, but it does not feel very luxurious. Not a 5* decoration.
Do you have pictures of the suite? I was quite underwhelmed by the superiour room.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:43 am

Sorry I don't have pictures. I was a bit disappointed by the decoration, but it was comfortable and I liked the feeling of space (58sqm).
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: *alliance G || skyteam Elite || etihad gold || hhonors gold || le club platinum
- Name of the hotel:
Pullman Brussel Midi

Platinum

fine, nice welcome
Classic, but upgraded to superior room. Got my presents (chocolate and macarons) and free drink from Pullman

- How are the rooms?
Nice, minimalistic and stylish decorated, weird lounge bank.

Good:
Great bed, nice entertainment system, but i prefer to have an hdmi input to show videos from my own laptop then the Pullman connectivity app thingie.
nice bar and wine list.
express check-out

Bad:
no express check-in.
shower pressure is below the standard.
environment outside the hotel

Price is fine, but if the period is right or with a sale promotion, i prefer this hotel then the other Mercure hotels in Brussels.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 2:56 am
Suspended

Mercure Plaza de Espana, Madrid - Spain

- Name of the hotel:

Mercure Plaza de Espana, Madrid

Platinum

overall, happy yes, delighted no

booked Classic got Privilege

- How are the rooms?

Good size, very old decoration, sound-proof

Good: a small space and 2 doors separating the corridor from the room, making the room quite sound proof, location steps away from subway 3 stations away from the very heart of Madrid

Bad: decoration from the 70's, very ...... Wifi, paid mini bar (very surprising for a privilege room at Mercure), old LCD TV (from the early 90's) with... 4 spanish channels only, no nespresso machine

Privilege room but only about the size... if we refer to the recent paper ad by Mercure regarding their privilege rooms, this one isn't one

price paid was decent, i would not have paid more

when i have mixed feelings about a hotel, i tend to try another one next time

but let's say that i try the other Mercure (Santo Domingo) and the Ibis Styles (Prado), if i'm not happy with them, i'll return to Mercure Plaza de Espana, it's a safe alternative

Last edited by flyertalker00143; Sep 10, 2013 at 3:12 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 3:11 am
Suspended

Mercure Amsterdam Hotel Arthur Frommer

- Name of the hotel:

Mercure Amsterdam Hotel Arthur Frommer

Platinum

Absolutely delighted

booked Classic got Privilege

- How are the rooms?

Good size, new decoration

Good: nearby a tram station, Privilege rooms are very nicely decorated, Nespresso coffee machine with 3 capsules, great bed, good wifi, nice breakfast with fresh products and pastries

the best thing of this hotel is the service, FD is very nice, very welcoming, always willing to help and giving nice advices for visiting the city

Bad: the hotel is located in a backyard nearby houses and during the summer you can hear kids screaming from the house next door when they use their swimming pool, i guess you won't have any problem with that when the climate will no longer allow them to use the pool

quite expensive but maybe Amsterdam during the summer is an expensive destination

But i will definitely return to this hotel ^
Old Sep 13, 2013, 8:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by IMH
Agree. With so many people got free Platinum memberships, this kind of upgrade is rare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.