Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Hotel Scribe Managfed

DELETED

Last edited by FCO36; Mar 20, 2013 at 10:30 am
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: * Gold, BA Gold
Hotel Scribe Paris Managed by Sofitel

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes. received the drink voucher, but no AClub welcome gift

Booked a Deluxe club and was denied the upgrade at check in: "you have booked a wonderful deluxe club room. An upgrade would mean a junior suite and I can't do that".

- How are the rooms?
Good size. Soft colors. Hermes bathroom amenities. Very quiet despite facing the boulevard

Good:

Very clean. Very polite staff from the door man to the housekeeping. great location by the opera. Nice tea room. In room bfast was perfect. Free minibar soft drinks when booking a Deluxe club room

Bad:

Apart from the no status recognition? Nothing

Would you return?

oui!
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by FCO36
Booked a Deluxe club and was denied the upgrade at check in: "you have booked a wonderful deluxe club room. An upgrade would mean a junior suite and I can't do that".
Arg, that is so wrong. I agree, nice hotel, but their status recognition is terrible.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 7:03 pm

A Mercure in China

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? yes. received fruit basket + upgrade

Booked a Deluxe club and was upgraded to a junior suite.

- How are the rooms?
Very nice, no complaints at all.

Would you return?

definitely
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by uberuber
A Mercure in China
it's nice that you are taking some time to make an hotel review on this forum but without knowing which Mercure hotel in China you are talking about, your post is pretty useless IMO. Can you be more precise ? Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
it's nice that you are taking some time to make an hotel review on this forum but without knowing which Mercure hotel in China you are talking about, your post is pretty useless IMO. Can you be more precise ? Thanks
Totally agree.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:16 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
MGallery St. Ermin's Hotel, London

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Largely yes, nice common areas, the rest is overrated

Standard > Executive

- How are the rooms?
Small, window did not close letting sub-zero air in. Bathrooms are very simple (no name pump action toiletries), aircon was rattling and you can hear your neighbors very clearly

Good:
Nice common areas

Bad:
Price, no elite amenity (they told me they are not doing them), drinks voucher a bit mean (beer or wine only), internet while free one of the slowest I had in a long while.

Overpriced for what's on offer. As the hotel is leaving Accor no chance of returning.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 7:03 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Novotel Bristol Centre

Gold

Yes

Booked Superior Room and got Superior Room

- How are the rooms?
The room was pretty good, beds were very comfortable

Good:
I got a drinks voucher at check-in in recognition (according to the member of staff) of being Accor Gold

We didn't use the restaurant as have other favourites in the city but i liked that when using the children's menu with a paying adult that under 8's ate free and 8's and over ate half price

Bad:

Was disappointed that the welcome for my 6 year old wasn't better, in the past she's recieved a welcome gift on check in but nothing on this occasion

I generally always stay at this hotel when travelling with my daughter to Bristol so yes would return, got 40% off the room so not too bad, only disappointment was randomly checking a week before travel and discovering they were 'now' offering an Easter rate for only a few £s more with breakfast inc but nevermind

update
i mentioned about the lack of welcome gift for my 6 year old in the survey Accor sent to me, the hotel responded and sent her one in the post!

Last edited by fredandgingermad; Apr 14, 2013 at 7:36 pm Reason: info to add
Old Apr 3, 2013, 3:15 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Novotel Sevilla Marqués Del Nervion

Platinum

Not really

Booked superiour and got top floor superiour by the elevators...

- How are the rooms?
bland, basic bed, bathtub instead of shower

Good:
cute French girl at check-in. Friendly restaurant staff.

Bad:
Being my first Novotel experience, I don't think I'll be back if properties are like this. Absolutely no charm, no personality.

Bad value for the package I booked. No.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Novotel Citygate Hong Kong

Platinum

Very.

Booked Executive Premier Suite and got the same. (No further upgrade since Executive Premier Suite is the highest category at the hotel)

- How are the rooms?
Quite large; approximately 55 sqm. There are two TVs; one of them is in the bathroom !!. The room still new and incredibly maintained. It said that there is a view to cable car but actually it's quite far to see the cable car from room. However, you can see the harbor view (or whatever it is) from the room

Good:
Got late check-out at 18:00, the concierge staffs are superb !!! Asking the SEZ Visa via email, they could provide the detail of SEZ Visa procedures which cannot be answered by another hotel (IC Shenzhen), there is also sofa bed in the room so if you are three persons actually you won't need an extra bed. However, if you would like your breakfast, evening cocktails and afternoon tea included for your extra person; simply book their extra bed. The extra bed price has included all the benefits above. Check-in and check-out were very efficient; noted that I use several voucher Le Club upon check-out and they took less time than other Accor hotels that I stayed to redeem the vouchers ^^. I also paid using coins (partially) during check-out and they didn't refuse it
There were welcome letters from the GM mentioning my name and also some chocolates, fruits and mineral water.

Bad:
The points were not posted until 7 days. However when I email them, the points were posted within the same day.

Good value for a suite in Hong Kong. Definitely!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by uberuber
A Mercure in China
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Well, it could have been even less specific: a Mercure in the world
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Sofitel BKC Mumbai

Platinum

Yes.

Prestige Suite and got that. There is only one better class room in hotel (1x Imperial Suite) and that wasn't available at the time of booking even for money so I assume it was reserved anyways.

- How are the rooms?
Very nice with tasteful decor. Hardwood floors, big windows, TV in every room including above bathtube.

Good:
Platinum status recognized right away. Own check-in at 14th floor with beverage service while waiting it to complete.

Fruit selection and chocolates waiting at room.

Received drink voucher for Artisan restaurant but since their selection only included beer/wines they offered to switch it to 4th floor restaurant instead. Could choose the cocktail I wanted.

Welcome gift was brought soon after check-in (square type of silk thing)

Lounge selection of foods was decent as well.

Service, although as Finnish I find it bit overbearing/overly attentive.
Bad:

Airport pickup/drop off is quite expensive. From domestic 1800 INR + taxes. Prepaid air conditioned cab was 280 INR. Hotels of this class should offer it for free, at least for suite occupants.

Having stayed at two other 5* hotels in Mumbai before, I think this is best so far. I do plan to return if I come through Mumbai again.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 7:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Novotel London West

Gold

Yes

Booked Superior Room and got Superior Room

- How are the rooms?

The room was pretty good, although seemed smaller than the superior room in the last Novotel we stayed in

Good:

Recieved 3 drinks vouchers on check-in one for each member of the party (2 adults 1 child)
My 6 year old recieved a welcome gift of playing cards
Breakfast was good, wide selection of both English and Continental and replenished fast as required!

Bad:

Bed felt rather hard, something my OH also commented on

Fairly good value for London and convenient for where we were going, return would probably depend on their rates over other hotels in London and also convenience of location
Old Apr 15, 2013, 12:55 am

Smile Mercure Centrum Poznan / Poznań

Mercure Centrum Poznan

Platinum.

Yes, we were very happy with our stay (young couple).

Booked just two days in advance on Accor website and it was a Privilege room + weekend city package "Poznaj Poznan" - get know Poznan. The total cost for one night including breakfast, welcome drink and a 24h city card (free public transport and several discounts in the city) - all that for 2 people - was 270 PLN, so about 70 EUR.
There was no upgrade possible as the best room was already included in the rate booked and there are generally no upgrades in Mercure. However, we have received a welcome cake in the room, but TBH I'm not sure if it was part of the package booked or a bonus due to Platinum status recognition.

- How are the rooms?
The Privilege room is both spacious and well-equiped, having a bathtub and a Nespresso machine. The space of 33 sqm also has a sofa and a table. For the Nespresso we had 3 different coffees and a variety of tea flavours. There was also a full-set of cosmetics for the bath.

Good: The staff was very friendly and polite. What I liked most about the hotel is that you can use sauna and fitness any time of a day, its open 24h and there is a very pleasant relax room. The sauna is quite spacious, so you can enjoy it within a group of friends. The welcome drink voucher was very generous as we took two Caipirinhas, each priced 20 PLN (5 EUR) in the menu card. In the room we got the earlier mentioned cake and two bottles of water.

Bad: Nothing to complain about, really. Maybe just about the undergoing construction work in the nearest neighbourhood, but this is not dependant on the hotel.

As said above, I booked the Priviledge room in a special offer, but just two days in advance. The funny thing was, that a standard room without breakfast was priced only 40 PLN (10 EUR) less! I'd definitely return if the offer would be available again.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Prague - M Gallery Century old Town

Platinum

Yes

Booked Classic room, I think was upgraded one level (but not 100% sure)

- How are the rooms?
Large, high ceiling, includes a sofa. Everything (painting, furnitures) looked quite recent. Bathroom small but well equipped and seemed brand new.

Good:
- perfect location in town, walking distance to every touristic sites. 100m from metro station
- very nice caring staff at front desk and at the bar
- offered reduced price hotel car transportation to the airport (at the same fare as the taxi). Nice touch as you have a better car and better service.
- Free Internet (which was working well)
- efficient check-in and check-out. I was given the drink voucher at check-in.
- a plate with pastries was already placed in the room when I arrived.
- turndown service with a chocolate nougat given
- late check-out at 2 pm granted without problem
- excellent French Pastries at breakfast !
- very nice historical building/interiors

"Bad:"
- the room temperature was too warm and the air conditioning was inefficient to solve this. I had to open the window to cool down a bit. Reception informed, they told me they had a problem with the aircon system.
- no turndown service the last night

Yes, definitely. I booked a prepaid rate which was definitely good value for money, especially when you know how crazy the fares can be in Prague with so many tourists in town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.