Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, Le Club Accor Gold
Pullman London St Pancras

Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Booked superior room, got upgraded without having to ask to deluxe

- How are the rooms?
Was really impressed with the room, hadn't stayed in a Pullman before so wasn't sure what to expect, but was more impressed with this than Sofitel

Good:

Got upgraded without having to ask when I checked in, gift was a notebook Was offered choice of room at the front or back of the hotel and was advised that the back is quieter. Complimentary bottles of water (2, still)

Bad:

I picked up a cheaper rate based on AH loyalty gold than they were offering otherwise so was pleased with that. I'd definitely return
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
Gold

Yes

Booked superior room, got upgraded without having to ask to deluxe

- How are the rooms?
Was really impressed with the room, hadn't stayed in a Pullman before so wasn't sure what to expect, but was more impressed with this than Sofitel

Good:

Got upgraded without having to ask when I checked in, gift was a notebook Was offered choice of room at the front or back of the hotel and was advised that the back is quieter. Complimentary bottles of water (2, still)

Bad:

I picked up a cheaper rate based on AH loyalty gold than they were offering otherwise so was pleased with that. I'd definitely return
Oh what a coincidence I'm going to be staying there this coming weekend for Chinese New Year and it's nice to see that they are up to scratch with what members are entitled to without have us to ask for it.

Just a couple of questions though:
  • How is the walk from King's Cross/ St.Pancras tube station to the hotel as I'm planning to take the Tube from LHR since it's one single line (Piccadilly) and only 49mins according to tfl.gov.uk vs. 40min by car and depending on traffic, is it doable in terms of access and distance with my wheeled luggage?
  • Which side of the hotel did you stay in? I believe the front facing Euston has better views as it looks south to central London but is noisier and the back is quiter.
  • Noticed that some sites mention the hotel has a Turkish bath/Hamman but couldn't find more details other than it just being listed. Do you have any idea if guests have access to it free or paid?

Thanks fredandgingermad. BTW have you got a pic of the notebook? Not really bothered by gifts actually since I find them to be gimmicky, would rather prefer something I'd actually use or enjoy like a box of chocs lol.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hamallu
Oh what a coincidence I'm going to be staying there this coming weekend for Chinese New Year and it's nice to see that they are up to scratch with what members are entitled to without have us to ask for it.

Just a couple of questions though:
  • How is the walk from King's Cross/ St.Pancras tube station to the hotel as I'm planning to take the Tube from LHR since it's one single line (Piccadilly) and only 49mins according to tfl.gov.uk vs. 40min by car and depending on traffic, is it doable in terms of access and distance with my wheeled luggage?
  • Which side of the hotel did you stay in? I believe the front facing Euston has better views as it looks south to central London but is noisier and the back is quiter.
  • Noticed that some sites mention the hotel has a Turkish bath/Hamman but couldn't find more details other than it just being listed. Do you have any idea if guests have access to it free or paid?

Thanks fredandgingermad. BTW have you got a pic of the notebook? Not really bothered by gifts actually since I find them to be gimmicky, would rather prefer something I'd actually use or enjoy like a box of chocs lol.
The walk from the tube station takes 2-3 minutes max, straight along Euston Road and then the entrance to the hotel is just after the crossing (note the entrance is not on Euston Road itself) Easily doable with wheeled luggage

I got a room at the back, the view was ok but not facing either Euston or Kings Cross St Pancras so not particuarly interesting!

No idea sorry, i used the hotel as a convenient location for visiting the theatre

I haven't, 'gimmicky' is a good description lol, it was bright orange with the Pullman logo, A5 size and unlined inside. Its a nice touch i guess but i much prefered the chocs that Sofitel gave me
Old Feb 4, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by fredandgingermad
The walk from the tube station takes 2-3 minutes max, straight along Euston Road and then the entrance to the hotel is just after the crossing (note the entrance is not on Euston Road itself) Easily doable with wheeled luggage

I got a room at the back, the view was ok but not facing either Euston or Kings Cross St Pancras so not particuarly interesting!

No idea sorry, i used the hotel as a convenient location for visiting the theatre

I haven't, 'gimmicky' is a good description lol, it was bright orange with the Pullman logo, A5 size and unlined inside. Its a nice touch i guess but i much prefered the chocs that Sofitel gave me
Great to know fredandgingermad, just one other thing, is King's Cross/ St Pancras easy to navigate with luggage i.e. lifts or do I need to haul everything on escalators?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:27 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hamallu
Great to know fredandgingermad, just one other thing, is King's Cross/ St Pancras easy to navigate with luggage i.e. lifts or do I need to haul everything on escalators?
Kings Cross now thankfully has lift access from all platforms, makes it a lot easier with luggage!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:27 am

Hotel MGallery Rotary Geneva / Geneve

MGallery Rotary Geneva

Platinum.

Yes, we were extremely happy with our stay (young couple).

Booked standard room during the Accor Global Sale in Nov 2012, got upgraded without having to ask to duplex (so twofold, as they also have superiors).

- How are the rooms?
Was really impressed with the room, as the duplex links both "deluxe" facilities with seperate space for bedroom located on the balcony, so you get a two-storey room. For the facilities, there was a Nespresso machine, two TVs (bigger screen in the downstair lounge and smaller screen in the bedroom) and automatic blinds covering the outside windows.

Good: Got upgraded without having to ask when we checked in and also got a voucher for drinks (up to 10 CHF per person). In the room there were 2 bottles of water and 10 different chocolate bon-bons. For the Nespresso we had coffee and variety of tea.

Bad: Nothing to complain about, but the outfit of the hotel is quite outdated.

I booked the standard room with 40% discount with Accor Global Sale (paid 120 CHF) and got duplex room priced at least 300 CHF so I could not expect more. I'd definitely return if booked again during such a sale.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 1:53 pm

Programs: Amex Plat
I'm platinum and stayed at the Sofitel Paris la Defence.

Was upgraded from Classic to Superior room (much appreciated with little LadtCallToNowhwhere's cot taking up so much room. Welcome drinks voucher which was nice indeed. Not sure on the welcome gift, we were given two extra bottles of water which we downed, so good stuff!

On the downside the breakfast scrambled eggs were a little too dry for my taste.

I'm an Amex Plat and I stayed to compare with my Starwood gold. I say maybe 30 to 30 nights a year. I felt the Hermes toiletries were nicer than any SPG I've stayed at. But the furniture seemed a good bit cheaper and I missed having a full set of glasses. As only two tumblers were there and no wine glasses.

Maybe a little better than SPG gold, but I'd love to hit SPG Plat which seems a lot better.

Trip was nice though!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Novotel Paris Charenton

What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard and I think I got standard, but with an extra kids bed for free.

How was the room?
Decent enough for a Novotel in France.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Great price and location. The hotel is technically in the suburbs, however Metro line 8 is right outside the hotel. About a 3rd the price of many similar hotels in central Paris.
Special parking fee of 20 euros in the public parking next to hotel
Avis next to the hotel which could be convenient
Nice kids gift for the little ones

Bad:
Nothing.

Would you return?
Yes.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:02 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
NOVOTEL Siam Square, Bangkok

Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Executive Deluxe - and thats what I got. Was advised that Novotel does not offer upgrades (which is correct); however if the hotel is not running full, the GM does approve an upgrade.
What you do get is your name on the welcome board on the arrival day... they can leave that away too..

How was the room?
A bit small compared to normal Asian size. No room for an extra bed. They will drape a sheet over the sofa and add a pillow if you want - good enough for my 5yo.

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Excellent location for shopping. They send a small dessert plate to your room every day (Plat. benefit? I don't know). The Executive rooms have access to a lounge - on the ground floor. Very easy access to metro.

Bad:
It seems that the taxi drivers and the concierge are in cahoots. Something that doesnt seem to happen at the Sofitel Sukhumvit where I normally stay.
Food is so-so.
Shower doesnt have a door - and the water seeps into the "dry" area. A small design issue.
One thing cheezed me off: I printed off something for 35THB (1usd). Walked out and quickly back in to inform the (at that time) FO Manager that she should just bill it to my room. No issues. At 11:45pm that night I was woken up with a phonecall asking if someone could come to my room and get me to sign off on the bill.... ah well.

Would you return?
Yes. But I will try to convince my wife that staying at the Sofitel is seriously not far from MBK
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Novotel Tower Bridge London

Platinum

Yes

Booked a standard room and I think I got a superior room

- How are the rooms?
It was the standard Novotel Room with the transparent wall between the bathroom and the bedroom with the switch to make the glass intransparent. It was modern, clean and the airconditioning / heater worked flawless.

Good:

It seems I got a room upgrade. I also received one drink voucher for the bar.

Bad:

The windows could be better soundproofed.

I got a 40% rebate rate. Yes I would return.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by caspritz78
Booked a standard room and I think I got a superior room
What are supposed to be the differences between the two room categories?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by nicolas75
What are supposed to be the differences between the two room categories?
According to the website the room has more modern interior and some additional amenities.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:35 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Sofitel Washington DC

Platinum.

Largely yes

Luxury room to junior suite

- How are the rooms?
Typical Sofitel North America rooms. Very comfortable though they could do with a refresh, especially the bathroom was showing its age (peeling paint, damaged wood)

Good:
The bed!
Managed a very late check out (6pm) even if it meant changing room, very grateful for that

Bad:

No Platinum welcome gift
No turn down service

Reasonable value, yes
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by starflyergold
No turn down service
That's strange because I always had it, including during 2 very recent stays there.
We're you just forgotten ?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
That's strange because I always had it, including during 2 very recent stays there.
We're you just forgotten ?
That's probably it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.