FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:56 am
tentativetraveller

Sofitel Macao: Got upgraded as platinum to deluxe river view. There was a bottle of red wine and chocolates the last evening. I think they were the gift? Got the welcome drinks. Room was very nice, service and amenities also. Not having lounge access to Platinums is stupid. The hotel has a sauna which is a fairly good Finnish style and they changed the temperature to 75-80 when asked. Swimming pool wasn't heated so I was the only one swimming in the 15 degree water. I liked the hotel style very much. Somehow luxurious I guess... my first time in a Sofitel. I paid about 100e per night.

Pullman King Power Bangkok: Got upgraded to suite. Very nice but... Never been in a suite before and would never pay the 500e it normally costs. Welcome gift was some stupid bag I don't need. Lounge is ok, but the evening coctail hour is quite something. Excellent food and they make all kinds of drinks by request. Service is excellent. Breakfast is alright at the lounge. There is an option to get breakfast to room also but never opted for that. I paid about 70e per night (last 50% sale).

OT: Next I will be staying in a 7e bungalow in Koh Tao.