Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by castcore
How many people with 50001 elevate points have been waiting for unusually long time? Anyone who has exactly 50001 points been confirmed?
I did--days ago!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:59 am

My initial submission on 6/27 was rejected yesterday, probably because it was a mobile screenshot embedded in the email. I just resubmitted a desktop screenshot yesterday with the bottom of the screen (the "recent activity" part revealing SPG transfer) cropped out for fear of being rejected for this reason. But now that Gary from VFTW has confirmed with JB that transfers aren't an exclusion criteria and that JB's main concern is fraud, I wonder if I should resend the submission with the full screenshot so it's completely unaltered. My concern is that by the time I hear back from them this time, the promo will be over. I called JB and they said they can't expedite my submission.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 7:48 am

Bit of a dilemma here. I am trying to get 50k +1 Elevate pts in my wife's account by Monday to take advantage of this promotion. She has 29k ELevate pts currently as well as 10k SPG points. My plan was to transfer 10k from my personal SPG account to hers so that she would have 25k to transfer to virigin with the 5k bonus to get her over 50k Elevate pts. Unfortunately, I was a little late to the game and didn't initiate the internal transfer (to my wife's SPG account) until 3pm this Monday the 27th. So it has been 3.5 days and no sign of the internal SPG transfer and I've got to decide if I should abandon hopes of 75k jetblue pts and instead transfer 2.5k to get her over the 30k Elevate bogey for the 50k jetblue match instead of just 30k bonus miles.

My plan is to wait until Sunday morning for the internal SPG transfer to hit and if it doesn't then transfer 2.5k to her virgin account to ensure it gets there by July 4th at midnight.

Does this seem like the best course of action for me? 36 hours seem to be safe for SPG to Virgin transfers based on what I've seen. Do you think this is safe enough, even over a weekend/holiday period?

Anyone know if internal SPG pt transfers ever clear on weekends? If not, I suppose I should just transfer the 2.5k Saturday morning.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by SkyGuy1001
Bit of a dilemma here. I am trying to get 50k +1 Elevate pts in my wife's account by Monday to take advantage of this promotion. She has 29k ELevate pts currently as well as 10k SPG points. My plan was to transfer 10k from my personal SPG account to hers so that she would have 25k to transfer to virigin with the 5k bonus to get her over 50k Elevate pts. Unfortunately, I was a little late to the game and didn't initiate the internal transfer (to my wife's SPG account) until 3pm this Monday the 27th. So it has been 3.5 days and no sign of the internal SPG transfer and I've got to decide if I should abandon hopes of 75k jetblue pts and instead transfer 2.5k to get her over the 30k Elevate bogey for the 50k jetblue match instead of just 30k bonus miles.

My plan is to wait until Sunday morning for the internal SPG transfer to hit and if it doesn't then transfer 2.5k to her virgin account to ensure it gets there by July 4th at midnight.

Does this seem like the best course of action for me? 36 hours seem to be safe for SPG to Virgin transfers based on what I've seen. Do you think this is safe enough, even over a weekend/holiday period?

Anyone know if internal SPG pt transfers ever clear on weekends? If not, I suppose I should just transfer the 2.5k Saturday morning.

Thanks for any suggestions!
I've had a Sat request posted on Sun for the SPG to Virgin Elevate transfer. Not sure if July 4th affects it, but at least over weekend it can be done rather quickly.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:47 am

Does sending multiple emails using the same email put you to back of line?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
I am waiting now for 2 days and 2h for a response. Let's wait and see
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
How many people with 50001 elevate points have been waiting for unusually long time? Anyone who has exactly 50001 points been confirmed?
I had exactly 50,001 points. In fact, the screenshot I sent captured the entire webpage, and the SPG transfer was visible in it. I received confirmation from the B6 last night that I'm registered.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
My initial submission on 6/27 was rejected yesterday, probably because it was a mobile screenshot embedded in the email. I just resubmitted a desktop screenshot yesterday with the bottom of the screen (the "recent activity" part revealing SPG transfer) cropped out for fear of being rejected for this reason. But now that Gary from VFTW has confirmed with JB that transfers aren't an exclusion criteria and that JB's main concern is fraud, I wonder if I should resend the submission with the full screenshot so it's completely unaltered. My concern is that by the time I hear back from them this time, the promo will be over. I called JB and they said they can't expedite my submission.
The sample screenshot they provide does not have the recent activity included. I also cut this out of my submission and it was approved.

It should look like the below image. If it does, I'd recommend just sitting tight.

Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by danpeake
The sample screenshot they provide does not have the recent activity included. I also cut this out of my submission and it was approved.

It should look like the below image. If it does, I'd recommend just sitting tight.

Actually, the screenshot should show "Member Since" and "Expires" below the "rewards points" balance. Jetblue's screenshot does not show that.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:27 pm

Mine was the entire page and the only activity was a transfer from SPG, and I got the approval email this morning. The only activity was that transfer and the points balance was 50,001. Though I did have an existing TB account with credit from a 1-way transcon and previously did the Mosaic status match, but I doubt that had any influence.

Sure, it's better to cut the page to not include the activity, but that by itself is not a reason for being rejected. The T&Cs do not preclude transfers or specify any type of activity as a requirement.

submitted email on 6/28 at 4:50PM HST
Approval email on 7/1 at 8:34AM HST

I would say that the people that are assuming they are rejecting submissions because of the type of activity included in the screen shot and/or the points balance being exactly xxx01 are just making "stuff" up. It's not true.

Enjoy .. this is a great promotion.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jul 1, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:31 pm

Data point:

Submitted: Monday 27th at 9pm, with screenshot showing 0 segments flown and 50k points transfer.

Cofirmed: Today, Friday 1st at 1pm.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Does sending multiple emails using the same email put you to back of line?
I was "skipped over" and I did send a follow up email, so there's a data point.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 3:01 pm

30K -> 50K points match request, all transfer points...
Submitted: Wednesday, 6/29 at 7:58 am PT
Confirmed: Friday, 7/1 at 1:43 pm PT
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Another data point

Just received enrollment confirmation at 7/1 628p CT, sent 6/29 816a CT. No denial or subsequent emails sent.

My desktop screenshot showed 50,003 miles with 0 segments and joined on 6/26/2016, so obviously they were transferred [from SPG]. I joined TrueBlue on 6/28.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 6:16 pm

I am late to this one (I was out of the country). Do I still have time to get SPG points over to a Virgin America account? Thanks ckpeter for indicating that you had a Sat transfer that happened on Sunday. Does anyone else have any other data points or had a similar recent weekend transfer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.