Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Points match for Elevate members

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Where is everyone planning on flying? Mrs. Mumphrey and I booked DCA-BDL-DCA. Not sure what we're going to do yet, but it was only $66.10 round-trip per person. It was the cheapest flight I could find from WAS.
Might have to do San Juan. Only 3 real options from Chicago.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 3:46 pm

Where is everyone planning on flying? Mrs. Mumphrey and I booked DCA-BDL-DCA. Not sure what we're going to do yet, but it was only $66.10 round-trip per person. It was the cheapest flight I could find from WAS.
It's looking like Nassau from Ft. Lauderdale is the closest inexpensive(ish) option near MCO. I don't mind the drive to FLL, I guess. Gonna be a same-day, in-and-out type of thing, though.

Edit: Looks like JAX-FLL is even better. Sweet!

Last edited by HBKFan75; Jul 2, 2016 at 4:33 pm
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
How long has it taken people for SPG points to transfer to Virgin? And was that done thru SPG or AMEX? Am I screwed by transferring this morning at 8:30am thru the SPG website?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Runner123
Am I screwed by transferring this morning at 8:30am thru the SPG website?
Quite possibly
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
How long has it taken people for SPG points to transfer to Virgin? And was that done thru SPG or AMEX? Am I screwed by transferring this morning at 8:30am thru the SPG website?
My partner submitted the request on Wednesday, 11am and the points posted about 30 hours later on Thursday by 5pm. EDT
Old Jul 2, 2016, 5:54 pm

It's done through SPG. I submitted mine yesterday at around 3pm and it came in today around 11:30am, so less than 24 hours. No guarantees, but you will likely be just fine.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Might have to do San Juan. Only 3 real options from Chicago.
Wouldn't JFK be cheaper?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Does it make sense to make a Wiki with easy ITA searches to try and find the cheapest flights available? You can use advanced routing codes with B6 for both the outbound and return to specify Jetblue flights and set the calendar of lowest fares to 0-day flights to try and create mileage runs with the quickest turnarounds possible. For JFK, I plugged in AUS, BOS, BUF, BTV, CHS, CLT, ORD, DAB, FLL, RSW, JAX, MSY, MCO, PWM, RDU, ROC, SAV, SYR, IAD, DCA, PBI, HYA, MVY, ACK, PSP, SRQ as my list of possible flights, leaving out the other destinations because they were sure (either via taxes or typical fares) to be more expensive. Just make sure you uncheck "Allow airport changes" before you search, so it looks something like:

I've found that most of the cheap Jetblue flights out of NYC during the promotion's timeframe end up being immediate turnarounds to BOS and ACK (Nantucket), where you can be back at JFK within ~2.5 hours of your departure. These flights, especially the ACK flights, are almost surely the same aircraft handling the inbound/outbound. It wouldn't take much time to make one of these for most of the cities B6 serves.

Last edited by steveholt; Jul 3, 2016 at 12:28 am Reason: image resize
Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by slice
I was late to this party as well and just initiated the SPG transfer this morning. All anecdotes on here and the blogs seem to indicate that SPG>VX transfers seems to take ~24 hours. So you are taking a risk, but I think we'll be okay.

If anything, hopefully VX is just about caught up with the screenshot backlog and will confirm our enrollment quicker than those before us. Good luck!
Thank you for the feedback, I submitted early Sat morning and points were transferred by early Sun morning. Submitting screen shot now.
Thanks again
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by blitzen
Got the same message as you but I had screenshots of the mobile web page. Will try again with the desktop version
The desktop screenshot worked and now I am registered (50,001 points)
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:16 am
Suspended

Wouldn't JFK be cheaper?
Yeah I don't know if I feel like going to NYC in August though.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:25 am

My MR is to LGB from LAS with a 2.5 hour layover.

Any clubs or decent food at the airport? Or anything worth Ubering to, food or tourist?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:56 am

Has anyone received enrollment confirm over the past 24 hours? Looks like they may have taken the weekend off.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:09 am

Anyone knows if "by 7/4/2016" means by the end of that day, or before it starts?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
My MR is to LGB from LAS with a 2.5 hour layover.

Any clubs or decent food at the airport? Or anything worth Ubering to, food or tourist?
Possibly. There's a couple good restaurants at the airport. Going back through security will take you 3 min with pre. If you look up in yelp, there's a couple family owned restaurants around the area. MVP burgers, 10 min drive. There's more, easy search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.