Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclay US Airways Card Becoming AAdvantage Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by kwtaper
That's what my mailer said on the outside. On the inside it basically said that the most valuable benefits to the US Airways Mastercard are being retired.
Agreed... you can apply for the American card and get the bonus miles for the same benefits... and no annual fee.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I did. 100,000 miles just posted to my AAdvantage account yesterday.

Works for me!
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
So is the consensus on this card still get it and get the 40k miles before the card disappears? My idea was to later apply for the AA card anyway; but thought 40k miles is still 40k miles.....

I would likely not be keeping the card....
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by sperkins921
So is the consensus on this card still get it and get the 40k miles before the card disappears? My idea was to later apply for the AA card anyway; but thought 40k miles is still 40k miles.....

I would likely not be keeping the card....

I think the consensus is that there will be no future Barclay AA card--AA cards will keep being the present Citi lineup or something like it. So it's:

Option 1: Get Barclay US Air card and get Citi AA card
Option 2: Don't get Barclay US Air card and get Citi card
There is no option 3: Wait until this turns into a Barclay AA card, get that, then get the Citi AA card as well. Option 1 seems obviously the best.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:39 pm

I've gotten the anniversary certs with a July renewal: I have these questions:

1. Companion cert.: purchase by 4/30/15 for travel by 7/31/15. Valid on flights operated by US. If the expectation is still that the US name will be gone before then, what then?

2. The Club Day Pass says "you and a guest." With the harmonizing of club access policies between US and AA, can we rely on what's printed on the pass, rather than AA's policy that day passes don't allow an adult guest? Best to use it at a PMUS club?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
But OTOH, doesn't it only apply to US metal flights? Which implies, unless it's redefined, that it "naturally" goes away as US flight numbers get replaced with AA flight numbers!
For the record i got a mailer for an AA citi card the other day one of the benefits was 5000 miles off award travel^
Old Aug 30, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
I don't have this card but have been thinking about getting one. Got a mailer the other day offering 50,000 bonus miles with $1k spend in 90 days, $89 annual fee not waived. Seems like the public offer is 40,000 miles with first purchase -- I'd say an extra 10,000 miles is worth doing $1k spend. Has anyone else seen a better targeted offer recently, or should I jump on this?
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:02 pm

I was just charged for bags on a award trip to Hawaii that I booked last year.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:32 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Club day passes?

Has anyone tried using the complimentary club day passes in the AA lounges? Do they accept them now, and permit a guest as indicated?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by trek87
Has anyone tried using the complimentary club day passes in the AA lounges? Do they accept them now, and permit a guest as indicated?
They are only good at US lounges, anything from Barclays is strictly US...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 pm

But it is reported that the US Clubs will be re-branded "soon": if the club we want to use becomes an Admirals Club, is the pass of no use?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I was just charged for bags on a award trip to Hawaii that I booked last year.
Was your first flight on United?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rove312
But it is reported that the US Clubs will be re-branded "soon": if the club we want to use becomes an Admirals Club, is the pass of no use?
I was assume as soon as there is only one club then the Barclay pass's will work, however, while there are two clubs they will only work in the US clubs.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by dukerau
Was your first flight on United?
No, direct from PHX. I guess the April 23rd date applied to my award flight.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
They are only good at US lounges, anything from Barclays is strictly US...
Is there a link where this is explained, because I didn't see anything about it in the mailer that they sent to cardholders a few months ago? Or have you already tried using them at an AA club? On the US lounge locations site, they don't distinguish between US/AA lounges now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.