Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclay US Airways Card Becoming AAdvantage Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:18 pm

re: the "exciting new benefits" - 10% miles back upon award redemption do they say when those benefits start (2015?). trying to debate whether i should use aa or us air miles for us air redemptions (didn't realize us air charges a $25 ticketing fee for domestic flights!). in first a r/t domestic redemption i think will be 45K miles with both us (5K discount) and aa (10% rebate). thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by brownie20
re: the "exciting new benefits" - 10% miles back upon award redemption do they say when those benefits start (2015?). trying to debate whether i should use aa or us air miles for us air redemptions (didn't realize us air charges a $25 ticketing fee for domestic flights!). in first a r/t domestic redemption i think will be 45K miles with both us (5K discount) and aa (10% rebate). thanks!
New bennies start "in 2015" -- mailer is no more specific than that.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:48 pm

North Pier Club at DCA has been re-branded to AA, and I was able to use the US lounge pass courtesy of the credit card on August 30th. It's too bad that benefit is leaving (the 10K anniversary miles will be the breaking point for dumping the card).
Old Sep 6, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
North Pier Club at DCA has been re-branded to AA, and I was able to use the US lounge pass courtesy of the credit card on August 30th. It's too bad that benefit is leaving (the 10K anniversary miles will be the breaking point for dumping the card).
Thanks for the report. We're hoping to use mine in RDU in December. I'll also be dumping the card after the 10K anniversary miles benefit goes away, as I don't have much use for the companion ticket out of LAX.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
New bennies start "in 2015" -- mailer is no more specific than that.
thanks for the quick reply! might as well go with an aa redemption methinks as i don't have any other travel plans to use up my 10K 10% rebate this year...
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by trek87
Is there a link where this is explained, because I didn't see anything about it in the mailer that they sent to cardholders a few months ago? Or have you already tried using them at an AA club? On the US lounge locations site, they don't distinguish between US/AA lounges now.
When I was at the US CLub at PHX, I asked the dragon ladies this question and was told they are only good at US clubs, as I wrote, I'm assuming once US clubs go away (convert to AC) then they will be able to be used in all clubs.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:57 am

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
When I was at the US CLub at PHX, I asked the dragon ladies this question and was told they are only good at US clubs, as I wrote, I'm assuming once US clubs go away (convert to AC) then they will be able to be used in all clubs.
Thanks for the info! My trip on US to RDU isn't for a few months, but I'll try to remember to report back.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:42 am

Unhappy The end to the club passes to the Barclays US Airways card! and more...

After secure messaging back and forth to get clarity, here's the word: Any new applications that are approved after Sept. 30 for the US Airways credit card from Barclays will no longer give the benefit of a one time visit for the cardholder and two guests to the US Airways lounge through the Club Pass.
"We can confirm that we will stop issuing the Club Day passes on 9/30/2014. Please keep in mind that any Club Day passes issued before 9/30/2014 will be have a full year to be used. We hope you find this information helpful."
Also, the merger will not mean the end to the US Airways credit card, apparently:
"Our partnership with US Airways will continue beyond the completion of the merger with the terms of the card being applied fully. Any changes to terms of the account will follow the required 60 days notification window to allow our customers to decide the next step they wish to pursue."
Bottom line, if you don't have the card yet and you want the benefits and are willing to pay the $89 annual fee, get it BEFORE Sept. 30!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by thepianomanii
Also, the merger will not mean the end to the US Airways credit card, apparently:
That has been known for some time.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:13 am

I didn't realize this was old news. I'm an amateur at these forums but I'll keep posting info if I can find the right strand to put it on in case it's really news.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I just applied on 28Aug in order to get a second companion cert but I haven't been approved yet.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thepianomanii
I didn't realize this was old news. I'm an amateur at these forums but I'll keep posting info if I can find the right strand to put it on in case it's really news.
This is why it is very helpful for new people to read the whole thread before posting. BTW, did you see the title of the thread before posting?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:12 am

I think it was originally posted as a new topic, and the mods moved it here.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by apeortdz
I just applied on 28Aug in order to get a second companion cert but I haven't been approved yet.
Well, that didn't work. Declined. Reason - I already have enough unused credit on my existing Barclays US card. Rats.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:06 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by apeortdz
Well, that didn't work. Declined. Reason - I already have enough unused credit on my existing Barclays US card. Rats.
Call back and ask them to split your credit limit to open the new card. You may have to try the "I'd like to keep personal and business expenses separate" routine. You still might not get approved but its worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.