Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
US 29 (Great FA crew today)

Great flight and crew on US 29, CLT - ATL, today! Makes flying fun again when the crew is happy

Thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
^

I like this!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: AA Plat, various hotels
I have just taken 4 flights on US, LGW-CLT-TPA-CLT-LGW and have to say that all the crews were good, friendly and helpful. In fact all my interactions with US staff were positive and from my admittedly small sample i cant see why US get such bad reviews.
Compared to my annual trips on AA, i find the US staff way better.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Noticed this post in a CO thread, and thought I'd cross-reference it here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15833550-post9.html
Old Feb 10, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Floored!!

I sent one of my infamous finicky, nitpicky questions to the CP desk via email yesterday; I got a response this morning but still had a detail nagging, so sent another question in return. I was *floored* when I got a phone call from the CP desk as a follow-up. The agent talked me through the things I was asking about, and even looked up a few prices for me, things I'd been meaning to look up and just hadn't gotten around to. At the end of the call, I had all my answers, plus some advice and a really good, happy customer feeling. The icing on the cake is that this is the second time the CP desk has called me in response to an email I wrote. ^^^ A&B's will go out in the mail on Monday (on the road now wiht no envelopes!)
Old Feb 10, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Well, I'm not a CP* but I've also received follow-up phone calls to a couple of questions/issues. One of them being a pleasant inquiry just to make sure that I've been able select my seats on *A partners for an upcoming award flight. ^

*on WN I am, but that's different.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Rebooking Award Flight

Due to circumstances I had to rebook an award flight halfway through the itinerary (Envoy 60 K saver). Envoy was not available on the TATL leg, and I was warned I would not get any miles back, so I got rebooked into first (I) and coach (X) and paid the $150 change fee. A few days later, I noticed Envoy opened up on the flight, so I called again, the csr had me on hold for about 10 minutes, and then told me she was rebooking into Envoy (I) at no extra cost. I am *very* happy with this outcome!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a very good on-board experience on CDG-PHL in September, in the new Envoy suites. Great hard product, and a great FA. The catering was just okay, however.

Balanced out the lackluster outbound on CLT-CDG in the old Envoy (could not sleep in uncomfortable seats even with Ambien, absentminded FA -- I had to ask 3 times for my amenity kit, didn't understand the concept of the express meal, etc.). And unfortunately the trip ended with a PHL GA wanting to charge me $50 to jump on an earlier PHL-LGA connection even though this was a paid business class ticket. Way to alienate your high-fare customers US! I'm pretty sure CO doesn't charge for standing by on an earlier flight if it's a connection.

Sorry to rant a little in the praise thread...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Great flight crews LAX-CLT-SJU-CLT-LAX. On the SJU-CLT leg, the guy behind me told his seatmate (completely voluntarily) that he would switch seats with the seatmate's wife, who was in coach. One of the Y FA's overheard the conversation, and told the F FA to "take care of him." (I interpreted this as FA-speak for "keep him well hydrated with adult beverages." ) ^
Old Feb 22, 2011, 11:00 am

Seatmate

Originally Posted by SS255
Great flight crews LAX-CLT-SJU-CLT-LAX. On the SJU-CLT leg, the guy behind me told his seatmate (completely voluntarily) that he would switch seats with the seatmate's wife, who was in coach. One of the Y FA's overheard the conversation, and told the F FA to "take care of him." (I interpreted this as FA-speak for "keep him well hydrated with adult beverages." ) ^
Nice of the guy behind you, but his seatmate kind of sounds like a jerk if he was really making his wife sit in coach while he sat in first. Seems to me the seatmate should have either traded with his wife or the person next to his wife.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: US Silver Preferred, Delta
Or maybe the man is like 6'4'' and the wife like 4'10'' and doesn't drink. So she saw no need to take advantage of the 2 things US F is good for.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by flipperman75
Nice of the guy behind you, but his seatmate kind of sounds like a jerk if he was really making his wife sit in coach while he sat in first. Seems to me the seatmate should have either traded with his wife or the person next to his wife.
That's what I was thinking when I overheard the swap (although it has nothing to do with the great crew).

Ironically, the guy who volunteer to switch out of F is probably the kind of guy who would never let his wife sit in Y while he sat in F.

On 2 of my other legs, there was a husband in Y with each corresponding wife in F.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:31 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Smile :-) A happy experience with US

Howdy All,

I have had two occasions this week to call US regarding three reservations booked on Priceline, two where I needed to add my OnePass number (Priceline will only accept the issuing airline's FF account), and the second call dealt with getting a UA PNR for a US booked UA codeshare.

Both agents I spoke with were extremely pleasant, understood what I was talking about (and I could understand them!), and did what needed to be done. I must say I was extremely happy with the US call center.

Just figured ya'll could use a post on here that wasn't pissing and moaning about something :-)
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:36 am

Programs: LT AAdvantage Gold
They really tried

I flew BTV/DCA/DFW yesterday (well, yesterday and today). The BTV/DCA part was nominal. Checked the board and saw my DCA/DFW was delayed over an hour. I don't know what the delay was - nothing much else was running late. I think the inbound was coming from Providence, but I'm not sure.

Settled in to have a bite to eat, and saw on Flight Track (iPhone app) that it was now 2.5 hours delayed. Flight Track also revealed a couple of AA non-stops in that interim, and AA is really close to US at DCA. I called US, using the phone # they give you when they cancel something and send you an email, and they answered immediately. I explained the situation, and she immediately agreed to try to help. I told the lady I have status on AA, gave her my Aadvantage #, and, this is really impressive, she took down my mobile # in case the connection dropped. Which it did. (AT&T)

I was rebooked on AA, had to get an actual piece of paper from US before AA would accept me, and got on the plane in time to stuff my rollaboard in the overhead. Things were looking good. Projected to arrive only a few minutes later than originally planned.

Unfortunately, there were severe thunderstorms over DFW that started about when my plane was nearing the airport. We circled for a while over Temple, then landed in Austin for fuel. Got into DFW a few minutes after my original, now 2:45 delayed, US flight.

But, they really tried, and I appreciate it.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: DL-FO HH-Gold
Smile Great USAirways Experience

On a recent trip SJU->CLT->LEX, an a-hole was smoking the in the lavatory on the SJU->CLT leg. FA's took awhile to find the source of the smoke, and in the meantime the flight was diverted overland in case of emergency. This made me late into CLT. Parked at a B gate, with connection leaving 3 minutes later from E.

After a sprint through the airport, I arrive at the gate to find the door closed. The GA told me I was too late. While catching my breath, another GA runs up and tells us to hurry out the side door, we can make it.

She had stopped the flight to let us board. We ran across the tarmac to the flight, strapped in, and the FA closed the door and we started pushing back.

This trip was the return leg of my first ever USAirways experience.

Our bags actually made it to LEX with us!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.