Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was flying RDU-CLT-LGA on 6/13 and when I got to CLT found my flight to LGA canceled. There was ATC and w/x delays all over the northeast and my flight (the 4:10) as well as the preceding two were canceled. The line to rebook in the concourse must have been 100 people long so I went to the US Club and told the agent "I need to buy a day pass and then I need to be rebooked".

She couldn't have been more helpful, she got me in First on the last flight of the night even though I have no status and was on a Y ticket (Y was sold out). The flight had 87 standbys by the time I got to the gate so I doubt I'd have made it on. She also got me on standby for an earlier flight though I didn't come close to clearing it. She looked at other options to EWR and elsewhere and worked fast and was friendly and helpful the whole time.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Excellent pair of flight attendants in First today.

- CLE-CLT. Pre-departure drink, pass of the snack basket twice in the air, the f/a came to offer refills and saw I had half a coffee left. He asked if I was doing alright and I said I'd like more later and he remembered to come back. When they said "flight attendants, prepare for landing" he said "you can keep working on your drink, I'll get it in a minute"
- CLT-RDU. Pre-departure drink, drinks and pretzels in the air. I even got a refill on my drink on this 25 minute flight.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:41 pm

Very positive experience booking a ticket by phone today. I had a $50 customer service voucher and the entire call including getting through the automated system took under 8 minutes ^
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
I don't hand out A&Bs all that often but I had a flight last week where the FA certainly deserved it.

Flying IAH-CLT with multiple ground stops at CLT due to storms so our flight kept getting delayed.

Once on board (boarded about 1:30 late) , the F FA (Elaine) noted that she had been asked not to provide PDB in an effort to expedite departure, but she still prepared a tray of water with/without ice and offered cups to all F pax while the rest boarded, which didn't hold up the process at all.

Once in the air, she took a few minutes to explain to the F cabin some of the changes we had been seeing and would be seeing as a result of the 9/1 alignment, and encouraged us to write in with our feedback, both positive (new wine glasses for example) and negative (no more pillows). She also noted some changes to inflight procedures such as safety briefings being read by a different FA as part of working toward a single operating certificate, explaining why they might sound a little choppy while everyone gets used to it.

Service was quick and friendly with everyone greeted by name and drinks handed out as doubles. Snack basket made several passes and she encouraged everyone to take whatever they wanted as the flight had been given an extra basket.

Shortly before landing, she got her phone and helped those F pax who hadn't been able to check on their connections look up their flight status and alternate options if they had missed or were going to miss their connection. Then she thanked each pax by name before landing.

She was one of the best I've seen (noted she's been working for US and it's predecessors for 26 years) and set a standard I could only hope every flight lived up to. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.