Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
6/30 at PIT, I had a very friendly and accommodating GA who did a great job moving me and my companion up to earlier flights. Originally scheduled PIT-DCA-LAS and wanted to move up to an earlier PIT-CLT-LAS. PIT-CLT was fully booked, so he couldn't confirm our seats right away, but continually gave updates. One seat opened up during boarding, and he offered to confirm one of us if we were willing to travel separately, but we wanted to stay together. Late in the boarding process, he said he had another seat available, so we went to board. We had confirmed upgrades on DCA-LAS, and I asked if we could be confirmed in F from CLT-LAS. He said he would work on our reservation, but could not guarantee he'd have it done by takeoff, so he instructed us to board and said that we might have to check in at the gate in CLT to get our next boarding passes. Just before the doors closed, he came on board with our confirmed F seats from CLT-LAS. Really stellar customer service all around!

Unfortunately I didn't think to give him an A&B until we got to CLT. I am going to send an email, but is it possible to track down who he was so that I can send in an A&B for him?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by jr57
Unfortunately I didn't think to give him an A&B until we got to CLT. I am going to send an email, but is it possible to track down who he was so that I can send in an A&B for him?
Absolutely. Send US an email with airport, date, time, flight, and gate, and they will figure out who the GA was.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
My compliment of the day?

The staff at the US Clubs in Charlotte is always very professional; there are a few people there who are super-nice and go above and beyond, and there are no dragons.

Plus, the crew onboard my flights is generally pretty nice. I have rarely encountered a bad apple. Some FAs are more helpful than others, but I can't think of anyone who has just been bad/unhelpful, but plenty who have been very, very nice, pleasant and helpful.

Is US the best airline ever? No, I understand that Singapore Airlines or the like is, but US serves my needs and has a lot of very good people working for it.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 4:16 pm

Good experience tonight

I was booked to fly home from the beach in NC on US routed ILM-DCA-PIT; delays had cut my DCA connection down to 11 minutes. A quick call and I got seats I wanted tomorrow afternoon ILM-CLT-PIT. Fast, efficient, and easy. It's making me think a lot about if I want to stick with UA post US/AA merger. On that positive thought, back to the beach....
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GSP flyer
I was booked to fly home from the beach in NC on US routed ILM-DCA-PIT; delays had cut my DCA connection down to 11 minutes. A quick call and I got seats I wanted tomorrow afternoon ILM-CLT-PIT. Fast, efficient, and easy. It's making me think a lot about if I want to stick with UA post US/AA merger. On that positive thought, back to the beach....
Positive indeed. I was at Figure Eight Island most of last week, glad to hear you're enjoying some of my state's best coast line.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
My wife was a wreck when we got home from Europe last weekend. We did PRG-VIE-ORD-PHL-BWI. Our 4 bags made it to ORD ok. We claimed them, then checked them with UA as they were handling US's bag check. We saw two go on the conveyor, and they told us the other 2 would be taken care of.

Guess which 2 bags didn't show up at BWI ...

My wife was quite upset as it was her clothes and our souvenirs that didn't make it. She was really worried that US didn't see any record of them being scanned in ORD. So US had no idea where they were. Neither did UA.

The baggage agent helped my wife quite a bit, and helped her feel better. She called again Sunday afternoon and while she was worried, the US agents were all professional, polite, and helpful. They ended up calling us later that evening telling us our bags were found and were on their way from ORD. We woke up in the morning to find our luggage was delivered. ^

My wife was quite pleased with US's service she went to post a comment on their FB page. Needless to say, she was quite shocked to see hers was the only positive comment in a sea of pissed off Kettles.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA-Platinum,DL, UAL, HHonors-Diamond,IHG-Platinum
Traveling home to PHL from MCO after a week at Disney a few weeks back, with the wife and two sons. We were all on award tickets. FC on a Tuesday AM was booked nearly empty (as you might expect on that day and route), and I had initially asked about upgrades with the GA, knowing it was highly unlikely on award tickets, and he initially said no. Ten minutes later he walks over and hands me 4 new BPs in FC. "tell your family to enjoy it" he said with a smile. And they did...
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Thumbs up CLT-DCA-MCO-CLT in F

In process of cleaning up remaining few miles and after I've already sent my wife and her sister to CLT-MUC-CDG-MUC-CLT in C I decided I'll take my 3 year old to Disneyworld instead of being home alone with her for 5 days.

Saw a low mileage F award on CLT-DCA-MCO-CLT and grabbed two seats. However I couldn't get 2 together on DCA-MCO portion. Called US and was told computer already assigned us bulkhead. Which was nice, thanked the agent and hang up. Few minutes later it dawned me that "corralling" a 3 year old in bulkhead area during the flight is probably much easier than in row 3 so I called Plat line again and asked if we could get bulkhead seats for other 2 flights. Briefly explained my reasoning and few seconds later I am all set with all 3 flights in row 1. ^

Remembering stories where parents with lap infants were trying hard to get bulkhead seats with bassinets this was a welcome surprise, not to mention surprisingly easy.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I'm just curious but does sending a compliment through the website actually mean anything?

Me and my 3-yo son were flying PHL-DFW today and had a great FA onboard. I didn't have any A&B certs on me but I sent in a compliment through the website this evening. Didn't have her name but I gave my flight info and identified her as the FA handling the first class cabin. I'm hoping that that will be sufficient to identify this individual and that she will get the recognition she deserves.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 3:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This is why I love US. I need to be in Chicago on December 16th (a Monday) to catch a train.

AA: $308
UA: $330
DL: $252

US: $125.

A few different options too and as AA only has four nonstops that day, the timing through CLT actually works out better for me. ^
Old Oct 13, 2013, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Should've posted this a while ago but I took the US 734 flight from PHL-MAN to get to England and I was scared that US Air's international product would be similar to their domestic one (not so great...). Fortunately, I enjoyed my flight (sans a crying baby and a little kid that never stopped talking at the end of the flight)! The food was decent enough, the IFE had a good selection of TV shows and movies, the crew was doing their job well, and the seats were decently comfortable!

This being said I've flown more premium carriers before (Emirates, Singapore Air, Cathay) and the experience in economy for US Air was not that much worse. Although I'm sure First/Business on those carriers versus Envoy is a different story
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Thumbs up

Kudos to the ground staff at SNA! I got a call this morning asking if I had left my cell phone on the PHX-SNA flight last night. I had not (they called me on my cell phone) - but, I'm very happy to see they are being proactive about trying to locate the owner! I'm assuming it was left somewhere in F, which is why the called me since I was in 2D. Hopefully they get in touch with the owner to get their phone back to them.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by hginPHL
Kudos to the ground staff at SNA! I got a call this morning asking if I had left my cell phone on the PHX-SNA flight last night. I had not (they called me on my cell phone) - but, I'm very happy to see they are being proactive about trying to locate the owner! I'm assuming it was left somewhere in F, which is why the called me since I was in 2D. Hopefully they get in touch with the owner to get their phone back to them.
Just to follow up on this a bit more ... when I checked in for my return flight on 11/1, they asked me again if I was missing my cell phone. They still had it and were looking for it's owner.

We then proceeded to board the plane, and as everyone is seated I notice from 3F that the FAs cannot get the control board to work (or whatever it is called where they control all the lights in the front galley). Lots of sitting around and finally an announcement that the battery is dead and that they are looking for a replacement from another airline. Immediately, people start freaking out - getting off the plane to head to other airlines- but I had a 3 hour layover in PHX, so I figured I had some time to wait it out. A few minutes later they had us all get off the plane, and on the phone to the CP desk I went.

The CP agent quickly rebooked me on the 12pm flight, connecting in PHX to get me to PHL at 10:30pm (I originally was on the 6:45am, getting into PHL at 6:15pmish). She then told me to hold on and that she would be right back. It turns out she put me on hold to call inventory control, and ended up getting me on the next flight out (9:55am), with an hour connection in PHX - getting me home 1 hour later than originally planned (7:30pm).

A+ to the CP desk for calling inventory control, getting me on the flights - and my bag made it as well! I lost my FC seats of course, but on the SNA-PHX leg I had an exit row window, and for the PHX-PHL flight the SNA gate agent changed my seat to 11C on the 321, with no one sitting next to me. Not bad for a normal day, never mind a last minute rebook!
Old May 26, 2014, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Gold, Alamo Insiders, Hertz #1 Gold
Reviving an old thread -

want to give a phone agent an Above & Beyond. I have usually only given it to GAs and FAs that go out of their way. But, this phone agent went out of her way and deserves it. She gave me her name and unit number. Can we just drop these off at customer service desk or do we have to mail in?
Old May 26, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by TheFlyingMan
Reviving an old thread -

want to give a phone agent an Above & Beyond. I have usually only given it to GAs and FAs that go out of their way. But, this phone agent went out of her way and deserves it. She gave me her name and unit number. Can we just drop these off at customer service desk or do we have to mail in?
When I sent one for a phone agent, I mailed mine to the PHX address on the A&B cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.