Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
$50 E-TUVs sent for delay (without asking)

On Tuesday 4/12, my companion and I had our original BWI-CLT flight cancelled and were put on another flight, also delayed due to mx. Tried standby on other flight, but it went out full. Oh well, the joy of flying...

Pleasantly surprised today (Friday) to receive E-TUVs for $50 each, and an apology. We didn't ask for anything! It's the thought that counts...

Thank you, US Airways! ^
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: I miss US Airways
Originally Posted by darthnomster
Our bags actually made it to LEX with us!
Those baggage handlers at CLT can do wonders sometimes Glad you and the bags made it!
Old Apr 16, 2011, 8:03 pm

Programs: US C.P.
Originally Posted by sbbutler93
Those baggage handlers at CLT can do wonders sometimes Glad you and the bags made it!
I don´t want to start anything here, but I find the USAirways baggage personnel at PHX to be the BEST in the world. The situation is not always the best, but the personnel just seem to go the extra mile every time there is a glitch.
I was in the baggage office yesterday in PHX, and there was a very young lady who had misconnected and was going to have to spend the night in a hotel. She was just ´lost´, and went to the baggage office for help. The people there explained the hotel and meal voucher, told her where to wait for the shuttle, and told her if it wasn´t there in 15 minutes to come back and they´d further help her. Nothing to do with baggage..............just great PR, and going the extra mile.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marr Plat, Natl Elite, AMEX Plat, AA PP
Flt 1086 MCO-CLT 4/17/11 GREAT FC FA!

I had a great experience on Flt 1086 from MCO-CLT yesterday afternoon. The FA in FC gave FC service all the way. He offered beverages after we were seated (although no alcohol on the ground in FL we all were offered non alcoholic bev) then proceeded to impress me throughout the flight. He was very friendly, courteous and professional, it made my commute so much more enjoyable and it was genuinely appreciated.

Just before descent I filled out an A&B for him and handed it to him. A few minutes later, another FA (who may have been his trainer or superior) came by to thank me for giving him an A&B, turns out he's only been an FA 3 weeks and has no prior experience and he was really excited to receive an A&B. I hope he stays with US, he's an asset. ^
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:13 pm

New to FT and US Air forum

Hi all

New here and trying to find the best general info thread for US Air. Figured a positive thread was a better place to start.

Any insight or direction is greatly appreciated.

Interested in East Coast and Caribbean destinations.

Thanks

TL126
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by travel_lover126
Hi all

New here and trying to find the best general info thread for US Air. Figured a positive thread was a better place to start.

Any insight or direction is greatly appreciated.

Interested in East Coast and Caribbean destinations.

Thanks

TL126
First off, welcome travel_lover126

I would suggest going through this stickied thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...s-threads.html

Are you already a dividend miles member? You may also want to just make your own thread with questions you have.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:07 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Just thought this thread can go both ways.

I was working a flight this morning when a guy walks up and says I'm a Chairman and I don't really have any business to do, but here's a little thank you for all the work you as agents do and he handed me two ballpoint pens. It was a particularly nice gesture seeing how it was the first flight in the morning and I had realized that I left mine in the car. Really made my morning
Old Apr 24, 2011, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by sbbutler93
First off, welcome travel_lover126

I would suggest going through this stickied thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...s-threads.html

Are you already a dividend miles member? You may also want to just make your own thread with questions you have.
Thanks! Yes I am a member with a ton of miles and need to start using them
Old Apr 24, 2011, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by travel_lover126
Thanks! Yes I am a member with a ton of miles and need to start using them
Ah! If you're interested in redeeming on other Star Alliance carriers, then these will be where you wanna be:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...rd-travel.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...ad-merged.html

As you first said you're interested in East Coast/Carib, the current off-peak (to maximize the value of the miles) is September 1-30, not sure on availability, but coach goes for 25k and first for 50k, otherwise you can check out the award chart here:

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...wardchart.html
Old May 15, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: US DM
This is a situation that could have ended badly for me, but ended up with me getting exactly what I hoped for. It has as much to do with Barclay's as with US, but I don't see an "I love..." thread for Barclay's anywhere.

A couple of months ago, I signed up for the US Mastercard through Barclay's. I've been wanting to build some miles for a big trip next year, and this seemed like a good way to do it. The recent buy and share promos made it look even better.

In the middle of April, I bought tickets for myself, my wife, and my daughter to go RDU-YHZ, and used the $99 companion fare certificates from my new card. YHZ flights are really expensive, so I saved nearly $1200 on the flights. But then, when the tickets charged to my card, I noticed that the $99 companion fare hadn't been applied. The T&Cs on the certificate are pretty dire, so I was a little worried that I was not going to get the fare or get my certificates back. So I called US, and the CSR on the phone understood the problem right away, and was able to fix it pretty quickly. He said it would take a few days, but they would credit my card. Score one for US.

I've been using the card a lot, trying to build up some miles, and with the unexpected extra $1200 in tickets on it, I was very close to my credit limit. But the deadline for the 50% off buying miles promo was coming up Saturday 5/14, so I needed to clear some space. I sent in an electronic payment from my bank on Wednesday (5/11), and hoped that the US credit would come as well. Unfortunately, when I checked the account Saturday morning, neither my payment nor the credit had been applied.

So I called Barclay's, and asked if they could temporarily increase my credit line. The CSR said they'd need to do a full credit pull, which I agreed to. She gave me a confirmation number, and told me to expect an answer in two business days. I told her that two business days didn't do me much good. She told me that the credit department was closed on Saturday, and there was no way to get an answer today.

I thought about it for a little while, and called Barclay's again. I asked the new CSR to cancel the request. She said that once the request had been made, there was no way to cancel it, but I should expect an answer in 7 to 10 business days.

Plan B: I called US, and spoke to a CSR at the Dividend Miles desk. I explained the situation briefly to him, and asked him if he could extend the deadline on the promo until Monday. It was partly due to US' mistake that I didn't have the credit available, so I was a little bit hopeful. But he told me that the promo was a "website promo", and there was nothing he could do about the deadline.

I thought I was out of luck. In fact, I was at the DM web site, composing a polite letter, when my phone rang. It was somebody from the Barclay's credit department. He had reviewed my application, approved it, and my increased credit line should be available immediately. Half an hour later, I bought the miles I needed at the discounted price.

US and Barclay's combined to come through for me here. I'm a happy camper.

(Oh, and extra thanks to the baggage staff at RDU, who found my wife's cell phone when she left it on the plane last week.)
Old May 15, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by transport2k
...(Oh, and extra thanks to the baggage staff at RDU, who found my wife's cell phone when she left it on the plane last week.)
Welcome to FlyerTalk, transport2k ^

Finding/returning that cellphone is indeed Above & Beyond service! So too is the Barclays after-hours call, of course ...
Old Sep 13, 2011, 1:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew the 8 PM CLT-SBY flight last Friday and was quite impressed with the FA. Despite being on a Dash he managed to serve everyone drinks and plenty of refills and was friendly throughout the flight. I was a bit nervous about this leg as I rarely fly props on > 1 Hour flights (especially older props like the Dash 8-300) but it ended up being a very pleasant flight. Probably more so than a full 737 to BWI.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:13 am

A compliment for a Supervisor in PHX

A compliment for a Supervisor in PHX.

Compliment for a Supervisor in PHX. She helped work through a difficult situation involving mileage travel tix on a *A carrier (SAA). While the front line CSR seemed to understand the problem, the CSR didn't really know how to solve it. The Supervisor called the SAA folks and got the ball rolling on making the necessary changes to the mileage travel tix. She also updated our US Air records with the details and information should a question / call to US Air come in the future.

I was on hold with her quite a bit (b/c she was on hold with SAA). She periodically came back on apologizing for the delay.

Helpful, courteous and problem solver. Nice to get that.

Thanks!

PS - It's not a knock on the front line CSR. She (the CSR) seemed to completely understand the problem but just didn't know how / if she could solve it. I think I would have got the same result with the CSR, just would have taken longer. And, she'd probably be getting directions, info from the supervisor anyway. So, why tie up two people with the same problem and its resolution.

Last edited by aztimm; Sep 30, 2011 at 12:44 pm Reason: removed employee name
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:58 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Kudos to Customer Service

I just noticed tonight that my upcoming flight had the incorrect return date which would cause me to miss a very important local Commission meeting. I think in planning the trip and making sure the return would be upgraded (with miles - it's a red-eye), we somehow got the days mixed up.

I honestly did not notice until tonight when I did OLCI and then looked at the itinerary I also printed. Major panic set in. How much was this going to cost me? What would I do? My tenure on the Commission is up in January and I certainly did not want to go down in flames at the end by missing one of my final meetings.

So I called the Chairman's line... explained the situation along with admitting what a dolt I was not to have checked this before. I could not believe my ears when the Chaimans Line Angel said, "Let me check. I believe I can move that for you with no problem." A few taps and clicks... and bingo! Done. No change fee. No additional charge. Same routing. Kept the upgrade.

Wow US Airways! Just Wow!

And thank you!
Old Oct 7, 2011, 6:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
That is great for you. I don't think this is the norm so enjoy it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.