Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman
Exclamation The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

I know how many people are always quick to point out any negative issues with US, so i just wanted to say that I had incredible service on all 4 of my flights this past Wednesday.

All of the FA's had fantastic attitudes. They were all very friendly with the pax, and they looked like they were truly enjoying their jobs. They were very at tentative and actively engaged the passengers on a positive level. On my CLT-ORD flight (US 8), the crew especially stood out. The captain actually stood outside of the cockpit and greeted all of the pax as they boarded the plane. He also performed his pre-flight announcement standing at the front of the plane, so everyone could see him doing it. Each flight was on-time (or early). And for those of you that have issues with pdb's, they were offered on every flight.

Hopefully this higher level of service will become the norm. It made a very long day more pleasurable.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 6:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RIC Hokie

Hopefully this higher level of service will become the norm. It made a very long day more pleasurable.
While the pilot standing at the cockpit door is not norm, I've found that the level of service you described generally is the norm on most of my US flights (regardless of west vs. east).
Old Nov 19, 2010, 7:01 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I hope you handed out lots of A&B's where warranted, and/or wrote your comments over to US too. I do believe they're quietly improving, and it's very subtle, but it adds up. Cleaner planes, nicer staff, better service all around, and I hope they keep up the trend! ^
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by RIC Hokie
^
Cool! That's been the norm for me as well. When I did the free Silver trial, I really thought I was just gonna have a short-term summer fling with US. But the more I experienced, the more I liked...fooled around and fell in love, I guess.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by jrpaguia
^
Cool! That's been the norm for me as well. When I did the free Silver trial, I really thought I was just gonna have a short-term summer fling with US. But the more I experienced, the more I liked...fooled around and fell in love, I guess.
Fell in love with the "ugly girl"? I'm sure she appreciates it, especially after being left at the alter...
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Thanks for the great report^
Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:46 am

>"All of the FA's had fantastic attitudes. They were all very friendly with the pax, and they looked like they were truly enjoying their jobs. They were very at tentative and actively engaged the passengers on a positive level."

Interesting, dcpatti. I don't think this behavior is A&B, just a good job. I would thank the crew as I exited the plane, but give them an A&B? I think not.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by 757lover
Fell in love with the "ugly girl"? I'm sure she appreciates it, especially after being left at the alter...

US is a pygmalion!

Let CO find out who the truly ugly one is.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by JanePond
>"All of the FA's had fantastic attitudes. They were all very friendly with the pax, and they looked like they were truly enjoying their jobs. They were very at tentative and actively engaged the passengers on a positive level."

Interesting, dcpatti. I don't think this behavior is A&B, just a good job. I would thank the crew as I exited the plane, but give them an A&B? I think not.
If the OP took the time to post here, then I'd imagine it is a little more than just a normal "job well done" situation but everyone has their own standards. I like giving out A&B certs "where warranted" but I've not got a hard and fast rule on what warrants it. I just know folks are more likely to complain on a forum like this, than compliment. It's human nature. If someone takes the time to tell FT that they were happy and got good service, I think telling US about it too (by way of A&B, or email, or both) is in order as well.

If we don't tell them that we appreciate the improvements they're making, where's the incentive for them to keep improving?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 4:42 pm

Lucky you for the flight
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:19 am

Exclamation The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

finished half of my MR, second half is return home tomrw. I have to hand it to US, it was one of the nicest experiences I've had flying. The 11/26 service from phl-muc on the new 1 2 1 envoy configuration was fantastic. Comfortable seating, great crew, didnt want for anything. Thought I'd mention this considering the amount of anti US air sentiment I've seen out there. Not a single hiccup with anything.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Glad to hear the good report.

My most recent US experience was pretty good as well. Much better than I had remembered.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Same on my yesterdays MR. The purser on my outbound flight was so nice, she provided excellent service. I gave her 5 A&B cards (1 for each crew member on my flight).
I still stand by my words saying that US provides best service across the pond in business class (comparing to UA, LH and LO).
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by bwiadca
Same on my yesterdays MR. The purser on my outbound flight was so nice, she provided excellent service. I gave her 5 A&B cards (1 for each crew member on my flight).
I still stand by my words saying that US provides best service across the pond in business class (comparing to UA, LH and LO).
whats an A&B card?
Old Nov 27, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
These posts make me feel much less like Pollyanna. I find US quite acceptable in all respects for longhaul, considering the price. Preferring to LH is a trifle far for me, but it is nice that there is even discussion of the possibility.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.