Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Consolidated US Airways Praise Thread ("I love...was surprised....Wowed!)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 1:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Even though being a Star Silver with an airline that isn't US doesn't get you free standby, the agent at RDU listed me for free last month. Very kind of her ^
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:01 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
Toddler Flavorflav and I -- a 2P and 1P, respectively, on UA but no status on US -- were comped upgrades from Y to F recently on a domestic mainline flight inbound PHL. I'm purposely not saying where we departed to protect the innocent, but given all the open space in F I assume all eligible US fliers had been upgraded.

Mrs. Flavorflav is a *S on US and had already scored the automatic upgrade. There was still a lot of space in the F cabin, so she asked the FA if her family could move up front with her. The FA referred her to the gate agent, who said "sure, no problem." So off we went.

This was an early morning flight, so all we did is sleep. In fact, after wheels up, the entire F cabin did nothing but sleep. I am fairly sure there was no food or drink service. Just sawing logs. Thanks to a benevolent US gate agent for seating us together.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 2:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew US 383 CLT-LAS on Christmas Eve and I was very impressed by the crew. They did a drink service, then a coffee/water service, then another drink service and were always very friendly about it. Plus they set up miniature Christmas Trees with blinking lights on the carts which I thought was a wonderful touch. Also, at one point I went to the bathroom and tried to hand one of the FAs in the galley my empty cup and she immediately responded with "can I get you anything else?". Good flight, especially for coach ^
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:00 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
So I am really the first one to praise a US employee in 2012? Folks - it is already almost July and nothing good happened

KUDOS to a lady from Preferred Dividend Miles Service Center.

It took her 48 hours to credit four Egyptair flights (in C), I was fighting with European US DM center for two months to credit (I am from Europe).

I just sent her an A&B certificate (to Tempe HDQ - hoping she is really from Tempe)

I also hope the A&B certificates mean something for non-frontline employees - I would prefer not to be a dumb who sends her a worthless piece of paper.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by TPJ
...I also hope the A&B certificates mean something for non-frontline employees - I would prefer not to be a dumb who sends her a worthless piece of paper.
All employees who receive A&B certs get a chance to win cash in quarterly drawings - more than a million dollars given away annually.

Most of us are quicker to file a complant than acknowledge superior service, and I'm guilty of that. I've flown US for a long time, been through bad times, and all appears well these days. Just handed out 2 A&Bs last week for exceptional in-flight service! The Winston-Salem agents are still helpful, friendly, efficient when I call. In contemplative moments I wonder what changes a possible merger would bring ....
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Had a good experience on US last week on an award ticket with two friends traveling with me. Check-in in LAS was fast and efficient, and thanks to my *G status, I was able to bypass the longer line and use the first-class line. The friendly agent proactively seated us together, and got us the exit row without asking. I was given Zone 1 boarding passes on both legs automatically, which was appreciated. Thanks to my Amex Plat card, I was granted access to the club in PHX, where I found the staff again to be very friendly, and the bartender proactively offered us snacks. The lounge was clean, quiet, and comfortable. I really feel like US has upped its game, and in many ways now, US seems superior to UA.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 6:03 pm
Ambassador

Flew US for the first time ever earlier this week.

To be honest, I expected the whole experience to be terrible but I was actually pleasantly surprised.

The staff at IAD were lovely and a couple of GAs at CLT were also very helpful.

The service in the air could have done with some polish but I wasn't too fussed about this.

^
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: US CP, HH Gold
I fly PIT to PHX on Monday mornings for work, a few months ago my alarm clock (phone) didn't charge right, died, and didn't go off at 5am. When i woke up frantic because my flight was boarding in ten min I was told that there were seats avail on a flight in 45 min but it would cost 700 dollars to change. I was about to eat the cost to save face but didn't pull the trigger because I didn't want to blow that kind of money and still not make it in time. I rushed to the airport and went to the ticket counter to see what could be done and the super nice understanding agent quickley rebooked me for no extra charge and I only got in an hour or two late. Although the whole situtation was my own fault it was a nice surprise in that whole panic mode not to have to pay some crazy amount of money for my own screw up.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
On a SAN-PHX flight last night I witnessed something I had never seen before.

I boarded, had been upgraded to 3A. I listened to music and dozed while boarding was happening. Then I saw the gate agent come on with a boarding pass. I looked around and noticed that the seat right in front of me was vacant. He moved a guy up there. The guy was all prepared to just put his stuff under the seat in front of him.

Here's where the praise comes in. The F FA said to him, "oh my bag is right up here. Let me move mine back to where yours was so it is more convenient for you." ^

He told her where he took his from, it was just above row 7, so not too far. But WOW, what a concept. @:-)
Old Sep 22, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I had a glass of wine on a recent flight. The very friendly and funny FA gave me the entire bottle to take with me, as a parting gift. I do need to send a generic thank-you (just mentioning good service in general) to US for that, mentioning the flight number, as I didn't get the FA's name.

Other FAs and the great US rep at the Delta club at LGA have also been a pleasure to deal with lately.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just booked a North America to HKG/NRT (open jaw) trip in J...departing in 3 days. 90,000 miles per person plus $57 in taxes/fees.

There was almost zero hold time dialing the Gold number to book the award, very quick booking as I read out the specific flight numbers to the agent, and of course no "expedite" fees, phone fees, partner booking fees, YQ, or other junk fees.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised...this is simply good service from the Preferred desk. But most other airlines have jacked this award up to the 120k range and a lot of the junk booking fees have crept into other airlines' mid-tier elite levels. (And don't get me started on airlines who slap huge YQ on awards...)

This is it...probably my last major Dividend Miles award as a standalone program. It will be a good one! ^
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
Just booked a North America to HKG/NRT (open jaw) trip in J...departing in 3 days. 90,000 miles per person plus $57 in taxes/fees.

There was almost zero hold time dialing the Gold number to book the award, very quick booking as I read out the specific flight numbers to the agent, and of course no "expedite" fees, phone fees, partner booking fees, YQ, or other junk fees.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised...this is simply good service from the Preferred desk. But most other airlines have jacked this award up to the 120k range and a lot of the junk booking fees have crept into other airlines' mid-tier elite levels. (And don't get me started on airlines who slap huge YQ on awards...)

This is it...probably my last major Dividend Miles award as a standalone program. It will be a good one! ^
90k miles for Asia in C is a steal. Last time UA did that was 2008. Always great to see someone snag a great award like this! ^
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
For as much kvetching I've done about the awful delays through F-Terminal at PHL, US Airways has really seemed to get it together in the last month. Who knows how many connections through there in that time, but over 8, and none delayed or canceled on me.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by oldsmoboi
For as much kvetching I've done about the awful delays through F-Terminal at PHL, US Airways has really seemed to get it together in the last month. Who knows how many connections through there in that time, but over 8, and none delayed or canceled on me.
Also that the shuttles are efficient. Had a late flight into PHL F from BWI and a connection in the C gates. We were among the last on, but we still made it.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: DM member since 1996, DM Gold, Marriott Gold
Good first time silver story

Guess I will have to tell my story about what happened to me. Although I am a horrible story teller behind the keyboard. But here goes....

Beginning of sept flew on a Sunday night from clt-sfo. That put me at 22k PQM. My return trip was the next Sunday afternoon. On my outbound flight I noticed how F was filled and how so many elites boarded in zone 1. On Thursday of that week my account was credited 10k PQM for personal mc spend. I was pumped because I was now silver and on that sunday morning I was driving 4 hours from Tahoe to sfo. I figured with silver I could now get in the preferred security line which would cut down on time just in case I got delayed on my 4 hour drive( piece of mind) BTW I never knew about these emails that us sends during your upgrade window. I just thought when you OLCI you where informed if you got upgraded. Looking back I never got a thumbs up or down email on Friday during my brand new silver window.

Sat afternoon comes around and I check in. Not expecting anything. I notice that F is filled but I am able to switch to an exit row. Major score as I am 6" 3'! Then I see that I can board zone 1. Another win!

No issues driving from Tahoe to SFO and I have plenty of time for my flight. They start boarding first then all elites. I get in line and notice a lot of elites. Walking onto the plane I only see 2 or 3 people in F. Thinking to my self that is wierd as F boarded way before us and was filled during OLCI. I get to my exit seat and settle in with some extra leg room. Zone 2 is now boarding. My old zone as I got the mc for this privilege as well as hopefully getting the 10k PQM which I did hit.

All of a sudden the FA pages someone and asks them to ring the call button. They then announce this person needs to move to first class. It was the guy next to me. I am thinking lucky bastxxards. Then they call another person who is in the exit row in front of me. Then another person in the exit row in the same row as me but on the other aisle. Then another person from the back of the plane. I am thinking how are all these people moving to first class and how are they going to make it up there with everyone now boarding. After another name is announced all of a sudden I hear my first name followed by a pause then my last name to come up to First class!! I can't believe it!! I wish the only person left in my exit row good luck and grab my small personal item and walk up to first class. I then notice that a FA was holding all the people in zone 3 from boarding until we got into our seats. A few more names got called including my other exit row friend. Now first was filled and the FA allowed boarding to resume. They now moved people into all the empty exit row seats.

I still can't believe I got an on the plane upgrade to First Class on my very first flight as a Silver for a SFO-CLT flight. Thanks to all the us employees that moved almost a dozen of us to first and then back filled our exit row seats to make a lot of us much more comfortable throughout the entire plane for this 4 1/2 hour flight.

It was a great experience being seated in first with some awesome luck. I do wonder what ever happened to all those people who had the original first class tickets? Since I live in clt I always fly us because of the direct flights but do pay a lot more for this privilege. It is nice to finally reach preferred status and have some perks tossed my way.

Hope I did not bore you with my long story.

Last edited by Bighead1970; Sep 25, 2012 at 8:04 pm Reason: Fix slang

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.