Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: WFBF
Originally Posted by jr57
I think passbook is great if you get the chance to use it, but alas, US doesn't offer mobile BP everywhere.
Yup. Did MCI-DCA and back a few days ago; regular paper boarding pass for the outbound, was actually shocked when I saw an "Add to Passbook" link show up on my phone for the return DCA-MCI.

(of course, karma being what it is, the convenience of that was then knocked out by the 2.5-hour delay, but at least my flight actually left that evening, unlike a lot of other stuff out of DCA)
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA PRO
USAirways App

Yeah why in the world would they develop an app now? Even if the merger is nixed by regulators (still technically, if remotely, possible), they could just resume their app development afterwards. Lord knows it's years behind the others anyway, what would a couple more months be? Lol
Old Jun 17, 2013, 8:53 am
Suspended

They can't do *anything* based on the merger -- it's illegal -- until they have approval. That would certainly include delaying an app rollout (or even slowing the development of the app). It's not worth risking the legal fallout and potential merger challenge just to save a few thousand bucks on app development costs.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by masonuc
They can't do *anything* based on the merger -- it's illegal -- until they have approval. That would certainly include delaying an app rollout (or even slowing the development of the app). It's not worth risking the legal fallout and potential merger challenge just to save a few thousand bucks on app development costs.
This is true and untrue. Legally, they can't do anything related to the merger for the apps development. However, they can give any one of millions of other reasons for cancelling the app development project and that would be legitimate.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
UA's app gets upgraded, and has some new fun toys:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-features.html

US Airways still has zilch.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:47 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
US Airways App will (allegedly) be here soon

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/...-almost-over-2

Spokesman says it may release while it's still summer.

This section kind of troubles me though:

“We really wanted to get this right,” Anderson said. “We’ve done a lot of testing to be sure that the app provides customers with exactly what they’ve been looking for.” In general, he said, the app will “provide the same functionality as the mobile site we have,” but passengers will benefit from the ease of accessing the app on their mobile phones."

Firstly, while it's better than it used to be, the mobile site still kinda blows goats, so providing "the same functionality as the mobile site" does not provide me with "exactly what they've been looking for." And I don't think I'm a minority of one who thinks the mobile site blows goats...

Secondly, why am I now dead certain that the app will be nothing more than a skin that takes you back to the mobile site?

Oh how I would love love love to be proven wrong....
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
You aren't alone. The mobile site is terrible. I can't even change my seat on the mobile page.

I am surprised that they didn't just shelve the entire project and adopt the AA app after the merger.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Wonder which OSs will receive the app. Hoping for Windows Phone 8.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
Wonder which OSs will receive the app. Hoping for Windows Phone 8.
Palm
(we are talking about US' IT department here...)
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
By the time they launch this, their flights can just be booked through AA who already has a functioning app..
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: US Airways Chairman's, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Palm
(we are talking about US' IT department here...)
My money is on Filofax. You'll get printed sheets with tear-off business reply cards.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
Gee, thanks for getting around to making an app, US Airways. It isn't like you'll be merging with a more technologically-advanced airline in the near future or anything...
Old Jul 11, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: WN
Originally Posted by keitherson
By the time they launch this, their flights can just be booked through AA who already has a functioning app..
Yeah. US Airways likely already had this in development before the merger decision was made, and I suspect they want to continue through with it just in case the merger doesn't get regulatory approval.

Plus, there will be a few months of use they'll get out of it between end of summer and the reservation system merge at least.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Definitely sounds like the app will just be a skin of the mobile website. I think I'd rather just wait it out to use the AA app than to have an "app" that provides absolutely no additional functionality than I currently have on my iphone. All the other legacies have decent (and in some cases great) apps. No point in showing everyone just how far behind you are technologically by releasing an app that is years behind the times.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:58 pm

This will probably be a cutting edge app. I predict the following functionality :
-Reservations: Link to dial the 800 number
-Travel tools: Jpeg maps of charlotte and phoenix airports
-Humor: star alliance redemption maps. Finally find out how to answer agent questions like "what state is brazil in?"
-Entertainment: hold music simulation game. how long can you wait?!
-Customer service: standard complaint response form letter (instant response instead of waiting!)
-Customer service: barclay card application form
-in flight entertainment: clock

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.