Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, DL Silver, Avis First, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
I've been playing with it, it's a big improvement over the web app, that just plain sucked. I noticed I can't change my seat for an upcoming flight which seems basic. Overall it's ok, guess I expected more after waiting this long, hell they could have just "ripped" off the DL app.. LOL
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Can you change seats during flight check in on the app? It is about time. You think being late, you'd just copy the best of the existing apps.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriot Titanium
It does allow you to change seats during checking.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
Side note on checking flight status--when on the mobile site or the app...can they get rid of the AM or PM for crying out loud!? If I want to know flight status of a flight from PHL->CLT...just show me all of the non-stops for the day!! /endrant
Agreed! This has never made any sense to me, and I can't think of any logical/technical reason why they ever set their flight status pages up this way. It's such an unnecessary layer of complication.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 4:47 pm

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Well, we can always hope the merger isn't granted the rubber-stamp-of-approval, then the effort won't be for naught.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Just checked in for my first flight on the app. It's useless. Well, it is certainly no more helpful than the mobile website. Still have to enter an e-mail for a mobile boarding pass to then add to Passbook. Starting to wonder why they even bothered with it.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: US Chairman
Just checked in for my first flight on the app. It's useless. Well, it is certainly no more helpful than the mobile website. Still have to enter an e-mail for a mobile boarding pass to then add to Passbook. Starting to wonder why they even bothered with it.
Not only that, but the only way I could check in was if I entered my confirmation number. Frankly, that is worse than the mobile site. It shows my trips, but won't let me check-in from there, and then I hit check in at bottom and only get a spot to enter confirm number (doesn't even give me ff# option).

Such a huge oversight, I assume this is user error as sometimes I am a moron with this stuff. Please tell me I am wrong and I don't have to enter confirm #!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Just used the app to check in for the first time. I was actually pleasantly surprised. The app offered a check in link from the reservation without having to manually enter the confirmation number. As far as I could tell, all the functionality of checking in on the full website was available, including the seat map (which I didn't expect).
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TwoDecks
Not only that, but the only way I could check in was if I entered my confirmation number. Frankly, that is worse than the mobile site. It shows my trips, but won't let me check-in from there, and then I hit check in at bottom and only get a spot to enter confirm number (doesn't even give me ff# option).

Such a huge oversight, I assume this is user error as sometimes I am a moron with this stuff. Please tell me I am wrong and I don't have to enter confirm #!
If you go to "My Trips" and "click" the trip you are trying to check in for, it has a check-in option from there that does not need the confirm.

Still, I find this to be slower than just clicking the link from the e-mail they send you that takes you to the mobile site. You still need to enter your e-mail to have them send you a BP. Pretty surprised that they didn't integrate the BP right into the App.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: US Chairman
If you go to "My Trips" and "click" the trip you are trying to check in for, it has a check-in option from there that does not need the confirm.

Still, I find this to be slower than just clicking the link from the e-mail they send you that takes you to the mobile site. You still need to enter your e-mail to have them send you a BP. Pretty surprised that they didn't integrate the BP right into the App.
Thank you. I swear that wasn't there this morning! But can see it now for my flight tomorrow
Old Aug 8, 2013, 5:34 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
I just don't see this AA having been worth the wait. It's ok, but it's so basic in its functionality. 2 years should buy you lots of bells and whistles.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat + SPG Plat
I mentioned this in an unrelated thread, but will add here since it has to do with an app feature I believe is missing...

It's great to have an app (I'm not complaining per se), yet I'm really confused as to why there's no FC waitlist visibility in the app or online for that matter. It seems every other decent sized airline (even AS) has the capability to show the waitlist either in the app/online or at the very least on monitors at the gate.

Seems as if US IT really needs to pick up their game!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by coastalguy
yet I'm really confused as to why there's no FC waitlist visibility in the app or online for that matter.
Because programming that would cost money, and there is little to no revenue generation from programming something like that. US is all about the revenue generation.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
That means you don't have to print the boarding pass at home anymore. From now on, I can downloaded US Airways app. I can have a eboarding pass. It's very easy for me and is more convenient for me. I can check-in online, check the flight status and check your miles as well. I am getting a new iphone sometime next week. I am looking forward to it.

Can I save the eboarding pass? I don't have to deleted the eboarding pass, am I correct?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by N830MH
Can I save the eboarding pass? I don't have to deleted the eboarding pass, am I correct?
Correct, you can save your boarding passes in Passport (iPhone) if you want... Not sure if there's a limit. Does get confusing having so many in there. I eventually got rid of all of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.