Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 7:42 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: United
USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

I'm late to smartphones, but just recently got an iPhone 4. I downloaded apps for banks, insurance, social networking, etc., when I remembered to download the USAirways app. There isn't one! Or am I missing something?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: None anymore
Nope, not missing anything.US Airways is still in the stone age
Use their 'mobile' web site
Old Aug 8, 2010, 8:40 pm

Programs: Chairman USAirways, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Global Serv, Hertz Presidents
mobile website

their mobile website is terrible. the way around it on the iphone4 is to google the word usair and then click on book travel link that comes up under usairways - then you can use the full site as normal. mobile is worthless.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: USAir MM CP, UA 1P, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Their web site stinks. It is consistently broken. I can't imagine they could build a mobile application any better. At least maybe they would outsource it to a competent app builder.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
I sent an email to them well over a year ago suggesting they do an App. Got the generic "we'll look into it" response. Given the performance of their website and amount of information it provides, I think the US IT department is probably struggling both in terms of talent and money.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by niketrev
their mobile website is terrible. the way around it on the iphone4 is to google the word usair and then click on book travel link that comes up under usairways - then you can use the full site as normal. mobile is worthless.
There's also a View Full HTML site link at the bottom of the mobile site...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
UA's only app is a game
But if you win, you get some decent prizes like free upgrade to E+

If you had an app, what would you want it to do? My boyfriend and I are developing an iPhone app that we hope will end up as a very nice resource for travel, and don't mind hearing what kind of functionality people are looking for. If you could PM any suggestions, that would be the best way to let me know!

Last edited by dcpatti; Aug 10, 2010 at 10:05 am
Old Aug 11, 2010, 4:01 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by dcpatti
UA's only app is a game
But if you win, you get some decent prizes like free upgrade to E+

If you had an app, what would you want it to do? My boyfriend and I are developing an iPhone app that we hope will end up as a very nice resource for travel, and don't mind hearing what kind of functionality people are looking for. If you could PM any suggestions, that would be the best way to let me know!
Download the iphone app for American Airlines. I've only played around with it since I haven't flown them in a long time but it looks like a decent baseline for an iphone airline app.

They are the only airline that I know of that has an iphone app. (I'm sure there may be others but in my quick search, it was the only one that showed up.)
Old Feb 7, 2011, 7:07 pm

Looks like they have "Smart"end up!

Although, at the time of writing this, US Airways STILL doesn't have an App ,
at least know when you sign in on their full site and check in you can opp to print it off or send to your smart phone.
Then we can just scan it at the airport.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
odds are that any "app" they would make would just route you to the mobile version of the site, I would think. maybe an extra feature or two, but it wouldn't be anything really impress you.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
CO's app for Android/iPhone is pretty good. No reason why US couldn't do the same...well no reason other than it would cost them money to develop it.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by flg8rmatt
CO's app for Android/iPhone is pretty good. No reason why US couldn't do the same...well no reason other than it would cost them money to develop it.
Well it would help if their web site would work reliably first (most recently I had a ton of trouble trying to sign up a friend for the dividend miles program, eventually had to wait until the next day). Then a decent iphone and/or android app.

Too many companies spend too much time/money trying to do a "flashy" web page instead of sticking to the basics and ensuring they work reliably and are easy to navigate.

Unlike print and tv ads, web sites don't need anything catchy/flashy. With a print/tv ad you need to catch someone's attention, with a web site the potential customer is already in the store. Your goal shouldn't be to drive them away with a confusing array of options and/or slow loading of flashing videos or ads.

No one needs to see a video of a plane flying or other animation. Just make it work. Yahoo use to have a nice simply home page but lately it is just cluttered with garbage. (And I forgot to mention those companies who think I need to hear music when I navigate to their page. Argh. )
Old Feb 8, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS, AA, WN
Originally Posted by richinaz
Unlike print and tv ads, web sites don't need anything catchy/flashy. With a print/tv ad you need to catch someone's attention, with a web site the potential customer is already in the store. Your goal shouldn't be to drive them away with a confusing array of options and/or slow loading of flashing videos or ads.

No one needs to see a video of a plane flying or other animation. Just make it work. Yahoo use to have a nice simply home page but lately it is just cluttered with garbage. (And I forgot to mention those companies who think I need to hear music when I navigate to their page. Argh. )
Well said.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 2:15 pm
m44

Programs: USAir
Originally Posted by richinaz
Well it would help if their web site would work reliably first (most recently I had a ton of trouble trying to sign up a friend for the dividend miles program, eventually had to wait until the next day). Then a decent iphone and/or android app.

Too many companies spend too much time/money trying to do a "flashy" web page instead of sticking to the basics and ensuring they work reliably and are easy to navigate.

Ditto.
Make them change the main web site first. Force the learn from others. Make them print simple itinerary readable with all the information on 1 page and the boarding pass on 1/2 a page or in the telephone.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:05 pm

Tick Tock US Air!

I never realized how wonderful it is to travel with Continental until I moved to a US Air hub. Dear Lord! Their site is so 2005! And it's crazy that a major source of mobility wouldn't have better mobile features. Just give me an app already! There...I feel better....well not really. Upgrade! Upgrade! Upgrade!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.