Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2011, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold
An App? Why?

I will add a voice of opposition here.

I have something like 80 apps on my phone, most of which I use once in a blue moon. **I do not want a US Airways App.** I want them to improve their mobile web site.

Besides not wasting effort on an app that works on my iPhone to the detriment of Android users, or working on an app for Android at the detriment of HP users, etc. a good mobile web page would be fine -- one that allows me to check in and purchase a flight is pretty much all I might need on the run other than the schedules and flight status that is already available on the mobile site.

The Kayak app works wonderfully well and is much more useful showing all of my options instead of just US Airways. (A side question: would you collect the apps for each of the airlines that you fly? Think about how you would actually use an app.)

In short, I think I'd rather see US Airways devote its attention to an improved mobile web page. Not an app. App != better.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by dml105
I have something like 80 apps on my phone, most of which I use once in a blue moon. **I do not want a US Airways App.** I want them to improve their mobile web site.
+1

Give me a mobile website that provides check-in capability, mobile boarding pass, access to all of my reservations w/out needing the PNR, and the ability to buy tix / make changes and I'm all set. You can ice the cake with added visibility into wait lists and some of the other whizbang stuff like CO has (e.g., more detailed flifo), but give me the basics on a universal platform. (funny to think that a mobile bp is now a "basic").

Don't give it to me in a form that holds me hostage to a platform (iphone, android, bberry, windows phone, etc.) that I may not want (or be able) to use tomorrow.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
I've become a big fan of the TripIt app on my phone, it really has made life so much easier when it comes to tracking my travel. I have no affiliation with Trip It, just a very satisfied user. All I do is forward my itinerary emails to [email protected] and it assembles them in to trips. I typically travel weekly so on my phone I see the trip for each week and within it the flights, rental cars and hotel reservations. The weather and maps they put in can get annoying but it's no big deal, having flight numbers and other details at my fingertips is a huge plus.

I still use the US mobile web page, for eaxmple yesterday I connected through PHL, as soon as my first flight touches down I look up the next flight number in TripIt then check the status and gate using the US mobile web app.

I'm thinking of upgrading to TripIt Pro ($49/year) as it is then supposed to show all the gate info etc, I'll probably do the trial to verify that the data is refreshed rather than just showing what the gate was originally.

I'd encourage anyone who travels regularly to check it out, my whole team are using it now!
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Originally Posted by ukchris
I've become a big fan of the TripIt
Me too. It beats almost everything else. I do have a couple of others including GateGuru that pushes the gate notes nicely.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Plat
I'm thinking of upgrading to TripIt Pro ($49/year) as it is then supposed to show all the gate info etc, I'll probably do the trial to verify that the data is refreshed rather than just showing what the gate was originally.
I was an early adopter of tripit, even before they had the pro subscription, and it is quite simple the beesknees, even if you're not using it via an app. I've had tripit pro for over a year now, and find it inconsistent in its reliability. I actually prefer the SMS I get from the airline when there's a gate change, though sometimes it's better to get information from multiple sources b/c when there are discrepancies you can ferret them out quickly.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by DCAorBust
I was an early adopter of tripit, even before they had the pro subscription, and it is quite simple the beesknees, even if you're not using it via an app. I've had tripit pro for over a year now, and find it inconsistent in its reliability. I actually prefer the SMS I get from the airline when there's a gate change, though sometimes it's better to get information from multiple sources b/c when there are discrepancies you can ferret them out quickly.
if you have AMEX Plat card, you get tripit pro for free... just an FYI.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by mrredskin
if you have AMEX Plat card, you get tripit pro for free... just an FYI.
Considering I just signed up for the Pro trial I guess I have 30 days to switch... can you share more details of this? I have AMEX Plat.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
...can you share more details of this? I have AMEX Plat.
Link for details... (emphasis mine below)

3. American Express Travel App3 – Card members now have access to a new complimentary mobile app, valued at $49/year, which acts like a personal travel assistant. The app provides the ultimate trip management experience by bringing together a suite of mobile travel tools available in TripIt Pro to include: an easy way to organize and share travel plans, real time flight updates, and more. The mobile app also provides access to an airport guide, a seat expert and a travel directory of commonly used phone numbers. To learn more about the mobile app, Card members can visit www.AmericanExpress.com/transformtravel.
T&Cs
Travel App(3)
The American Express Travel App is available only to US Card members who have at least one active credit or charge card issued by American Express enrolled in American Express Online Services, with an americanexpress.com User ID and Password. You must be 18 years or older and have a compatible device and operating system. Accuracy of information is not guaranteed. Benefits subject to change or cancellation without notice. Additional terms and conditions apply. See americanexpress.com/travelapp for more information.
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:03 am

Great info, thanks, as an fyi I also ready that if you're on the TripIt Pro trial then use the Amex app it'll automatically subscribe for free at the end of the trial period.

Now I'm curious as to whether I have to use the Amex app or if I can get the Pro benefits through the standard TripIt app (I prefer the look and feel). I guess I'll wait and see!
Old May 28, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG/Marriott Gold, National Emerald Executive
Still No US App?

A well-designed US app would likely be much easier to use than the mobile website. I only keep about 12 apps on my iPhone but I find the AA and WN apps very handy, and would love to see US invest the $. In an era where cell phones and mobile devices mean so much to so many travelers, a US app would improve customer morale and save US $ by reducing call volume.
Old May 28, 2011, 12:27 pm

Nope, no app, and the same fairly lame mobile site. Not only is CO's app great, but they've had a great mobile site for years now, showing upgrade lists, where aircraft are coming from, etc.
Old May 28, 2011, 6:07 pm

I love Delta's app. When there's a time or gate change on your flight, it pops right up on your phone. If you are on a flight with gogo, you can access the Delta app for free and track your flight, check your connecting gate.

I flew US earlier this month PIT-PHX-SNA and was looking for their app. Of course, none. Plus no gogo on my flights.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Was going to start a new thread but found this old one. Would love an App right now in the middle of Grand Slam to easily track my hits without having to go to website. They must be one of the few airlines/hotels left without one!!!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: USAir Chairmans Preferred, SPG Platinum, Delta Silver
No iPad support

As a new traveller on USAir, I tried to make a reservation on my iPad. Kept on getting run time error when I tried to access website on iPad. Forget the app, how about the website just supporting a widely used mobile platform?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by dcdelta
As a new traveller on USAir, I tried to make a reservation on my iPad. Kept on getting run time error when I tried to access website on iPad. Forget the app, how about the website just supporting a widely used mobile platform?
Yeah. US Air hasn't really embraced the whole social media concept, between its website, or mobile site, much less an app. Given that the webpage is really the front door for the airline, you'd think they would spruce it up. And no, I don't consider their refresh 2 yrs ago or so a decent job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.