Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:51 am

Maybe they stopped working on it in anticipation of a merger. The AA app has some minor limitations (i.e. can not view standby and upgrade lists) but is pretty good.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by LM225
The mobile site they have now actually isn't bad.
I thought this until I tried the mobile OLCI. Any mobile site that can't generate mobile boarding passes is a cruel joke.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Rookie3
Maybe they stopped working on it in anticipation of a merger. The AA app has some minor limitations (i.e. can not view standby and upgrade lists) but is pretty good.
Or the intern who actually knew how to code it left.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:25 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
So as a US employee, I thought it would be a good idea to see what all the fuss was over a mobile app. I went to AA's app and found it easy to sign up, maneuver, and book flights. Went to mobile US site and besides checking flight status, I finally gave up. Too much of a pain to set up.

Saw for myself why everyone gets frustrated.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just assume that US has accepted the fact that the AA app is too far ahead of them.

I've been very impressed with United's app - it's better than AA's IMHO.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by pinniped
I've been very impressed with United's app - it's better than AA's IMHO.
United's app is simply awesome. Def better than AA I think.

It 2013. I cant imagine what is taking so long. I wonder if I write to US and see what they say.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Don't know about the app dev team (guy? Intern? Pony?) but my teammate occasionally works with other parts of US' IT team, which he describes as "dusty, musty, old, and in need of fresh blood." Maybe nobody's written a guide for developing apps using Windows 98 yet.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Rookie3
On the AA app you can see your place on the standby list. You cannot see the upgrade list.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bkafrick
United's app is simply awesome. Def better than AA I think.

It 2013. I cant imagine what is taking so long. I wonder if I write to US and see what they say.
Since the merger is pretty much a done deal, why spend money on something that is going be thrown to side in the next 6 months.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Since the merger is pretty much a done deal, why spend money on something that is going be thrown to side in the next 6 months.
Same thing could be said about the new paint jobs that AA is giving its livery.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Same thing could be said about the new paint jobs that AA is giving its livery.
DL introduced a new livery as it was exiting bk, and then it merged with NW. Creating a new corporate identity when merging two airlines is not a bad idea. DL did it right, UA, not so much.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
Originally Posted by flight62
So as a US employee, I thought it would be a good idea to see what all the fuss was over a mobile app. I went to AA's app and found it easy to sign up, maneuver, and book flights. Went to mobile US site and besides checking flight status, I finally gave up. Too much of a pain to set up.

Saw for myself why everyone gets frustrated.
While the US mobile site is by no means as good as other airlines apps, its not that bad at all since it was improved last year. I havent had any problems with it. I think people just get frustrated that its not an "app" but a website.

Who says the merger is a done deal?? It sure isnt.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by whytravelsomuch
While the US mobile site is by no means as good as other airlines apps, its not that bad at all since it was improved last year. I havent had any problems with it. I think people just get frustrated that its not an "app" but a website.

Who says the merger is a done deal?? It sure isnt.
I havaen't heard AA yelling and screaming NO to the merger what unions have said no to it? Everything is working out like it will go through, and the new lively doesn't confirm it, but to repaint all of the US planes with a new paint is one way for people to forget about US very quikly.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
How much effort and expense can it take to develop an app? Even if a merger were announced today, US would be operating as a separate carrier for at least a year. It doesn't say much for the credibility of US's IT department if they cannot or will not deploy an app.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SS255
How much effort and expense can it take to develop an app? Even if a merger were announced today, US would be operating as a separate carrier for at least a year. It doesn't say much for the credibility of US's IT department if they cannot or will not deploy an app.
Hey, I agree 100%, however, the APP doesn't seem to be a high priority with them... I mean, US is what, 5 years behind the other airlines?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.