Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
"toward the end of this year"

The January 2012 issue of US Airways Magazine features a letter from DP that includes the line, "We also expect to launch our iPhone and Android apps toward the end of this year."

Read the full letter here
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, National Exec Elite, Amex Plat
This is a many reason I am moving to DL. As much as people complain about DL IT - their iOS APP and ability to do SDC/IRROPS changes online is HUGE.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Originally Posted by dcdelta
As a new traveller on USAir, I tried to make a reservation on my iPad. Kept on getting run time error when I tried to access website on iPad. Forget the app, how about the website just supporting a widely used mobile platform?
It does not work on the native browser for the HP TouchPad either. Error when you try to login or access your account.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 149113
It does not work on the native browser for the HP TouchPad either. Error when you try to login or access your account.
Clear your cookies and it should work on your iPad/iPhone/iPod. Let me know if that takes care of the runtime errors.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Originally Posted by rookie10
Clear your cookies and it should work on your iPad/iPhone/iPod. Let me know if that takes care of the runtime errors.
It's an HP Touchpad running HP's Webos and has second partition running Android 2.4. Neither browser on either OS works with the US website.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by 149113
It's an HP Touchpad running HP's Webos and has second partition running Android 2.4. Neither browser on either OS works with the US website.
Try Dolphin.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by bfloref
This is a many reason I am moving to DL. As much as people complain about DL IT - their iOS APP and ability to do SDC/IRROPS changes online is HUGE.
Umm, PLEASE tell me how to do SDC online?!? IRROPS I've done.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
must suck to be a bb user.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Ive had better luck with the webpage on my blackberry than on my android phone.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by pyite
must suck to be a bb user.
It works consistently better on my BlackBerry than in Safari my iPad. However, it does reasonably well on Opera Mini on both platforms, and I'd suggest that as an alternate for those having trouble.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:30 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by thewayofthefuture
The January 2012 issue of US Airways Magazine features a letter from DP that includes the line, "We also expect to launch our iPhone and Android apps toward the end of this year."

Read the full letter here
OK - bringing up this year old thread, but...

...its 2013. And they were supposed to launch apps by the end of 2012.

What now?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
The lack of an App this late in the game is kinda of astounding. It cant be that hard to develop.

They could even really half-... it and have the app be nothing more than a direct link to a mobile site if they wanted. Im curious to know the thought process behind this.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:24 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TomBrady
The lack of an App this late in the game is kinda of astounding. It cant be that hard to develop.

They could even really half-... it and have the app be nothing more than a direct link to a mobile site if they wanted. Im curious to know the thought process behind this.
The mobile site they have now actually isn't bad. It just lacks all of the functionality that only a native app could deliver -- unfortunately, that's a problem that linking to the mobile site wouldn't solve.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by LM225
The mobile site they have now actually isn't bad. It just lacks all of the functionality that only a native app could deliver -- unfortunately, that's a problem that linking to the mobile site wouldn't solve.
I always have problems with the mobile site. I'll try and search for a flight and pretty much everytime get some sort of error message.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:34 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I always have problems with the mobile site. I'll try and search for a flight and pretty much everytime get some sort of error message.
Ah, yes, of course it breaks all the time

I meant "not bad" from a features point of view. In theory, it has great functionality for a mobile site. In practice, well, as with many US IT projects, you know how the story goes...

Point being, a native app that links to a mobile site wouldn't be that useful as an app, given what already exists. Now, fixing the mobile site so that it's reliable 100% of the time...that's a separate (but agreed, very necessary) project.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.