Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USAirways App--UPDATED--NOW LIVE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by eticket99
I know flightaware doesn't have the options... what are the other options of tracking an inbound aircraft for US Airways flights???
There might be a better way to do this, but what I use is an iPad app called AirportZoom. You know the departure gate for your flight, so look at the arrivals, and sort by gate number. Then track the flight that arrives an hour or so before yours departs.
Old May 1, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
There might be a better way to do this, but what I use is an iPad app called AirportZoom. You know the departure gate for your flight, so look at the arrivals, and sort by gate number. Then track the flight that arrives an hour or so before yours departs.
The iOS App Flight Update Pro will show you the incoming flights for your gate with a single click. It's not perfect but is often accurate.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Looks like there was just an update to the app, at least for the Android version...

Release notes:
• From ‘My trips’ you can now view the seat map, change your seats and buy Choice Seats any time before you travel
• We added standby and upgrade lists to ‘Flight status’ and ‘My trips’ so you can see where you are on the list!
• Minor bug fixes and enhancements

As far as the upgrade/standby lists, they are there but they're still somewhat hidden. There are no buttons/icons within the app that would indicate the lists are available to be viewed. You have to access the app menu... which there is also no icon for within the app. So depending on which model phone you use, there should be a soft key to pull up the menu.

Can't wait for this joke of an app to die...
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I go to AA, and search by my US flight #, and they have a button for "incoming flight".
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Yep, looks like there is a new iOS version too.. It's got the new flat look, will need to play with it later.

What's New in Version 2.0
- Clean, user-focused design
- From 'My trips' you can now view the seat map, change your seats and buy ChoiceSeats any time before you travel
- We added standby and upgrade lists to 'Flight status' and 'My trips' so you can see where you are on the list!
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
On android: interface looks exactly the same but the seat change addition is huge. Couldn't even do it on the mobile site so I used to have to pull up the full site on my phone when on the road. Couldn't find the standby/upgrade list button though...

Go Gators
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by GNVGator
Couldn't find the standby/upgrade list button though...
There is no button visible in the app. Use your phone's menu button to pull up the app's menu when you're looking at a flight status.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
So still no way to pull up a mobile BP?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by LAXative
So still no way to pull up a mobile BP?
Mobile BPs have been in the app for months, go to "boarding pass wallet" from the main menu.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
My biggest frustration is that the app does not keep the user logged in. (Unfortunately, not fixed with the update) Having to type in my credentials every time is a huge PITA. Can't wait for the AA app to take over!!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
New update looks pretty nice. Saw my recently booked trip appear in the app, and was able to (but did not) change seats. Looks nice!

It's also now a lot more convenient looking at the standby and upgrades right from the app.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by BThumme
New update looks pretty nice. Saw my recently booked trip appear in the app, and was able to (but did not) change seats. Looks nice!

It's also now a lot more convenient looking at the standby and upgrades right from the app.
Except the Standby and Upgrade lists all say N/A instead of the right numbers.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Except the Standby and Upgrade lists all say N/A instead of the right numbers.
Yep- says this on the mobile webpage also as of today...hope this is just a glitch that'll be fixed.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
I tweeted US Airways and they told me to call Reservations about it.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sjpmurph01
There is no button visible in the app. Use your phone's menu button to pull up the app's menu when you're looking at a flight status.
See it now, me likey...

Go Gators

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.