Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 14, 2013, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Update 08APR2014: Star Alliance Awards must have been booked by March 30, 2014. They are no longer available through US. This thread is mostly useful for historic purposes, and discussing issues such as schedule changes/route changes that affect FTers existing *A awards booked before 3/31/2014.

Discussion on using US miles to book oneworld awards is available here.

If you are looking for discussion on US's new partner awards that use various partners not in oneworld (many of whom are former *A partners), see the devoted thread on using US miles to book NON-oneworld partners here.

------------------------

Update 07JAN14: American Airlines award tickets bookable online on usairways.com or through reservation.

• Award travel must be wholly on American Airlines or a combination of American Airlines and US Airways.
  • American Airlines awards cannot be combined with any of our current partner.
  • American Airlines award travel chart (PDF)

Please see the devoted thread on using US miles to book AA here.
Print Wikipost

Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Can somebody please let me know if the following routing is possible and how many miles it would cost in F?
number of miles: Airline partners award travel chart
NRT-BKK-CDG-FRA-NUE > Backtracking CDG-NUE... not sure if it will be approved...
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:11 pm

When flying US-North Asia with outbound in first and inbound in business, do you get charged 120k or 105k?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by michael_v
When flying US-North Asia with outbound in first and inbound in business, do you get charged 120k or 105k?
120k.

Even if you flew 7 legs in Economy and only 1 in First, you would be charged the miles for a First award.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:56 am

What's the latest status with LH F?
Still possible in the 14 day window?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by kacheng
What's the latest status with LH F?
Still possible in the 14 day window?
No.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by flashware
No.
And what are the chances with LX?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by kacheng
And what are the chances with LX?
same...

Starnet-blocking from US!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
same...

Starnet-blocking from US!
thats wrong. LX simply isn't available anymore to ANA as well.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:01 pm

Is US *Net blocking only F?
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by kilton
Is US *Net blocking only F?
I have been offered C several times...so yes!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA , SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, United, Aeroplan, Hyatt Plat
airport fees and taxes

usually when you use ur miles to book flights, you get charged fees and taxes. the price varys everytime i notice. i'm trying to fly from YOW to BKK. there are soo many different routings like yow-london-bkk, yow-yyz-nrt-bkk, yow-washington-fra-bkk. i was wondering how do i find out which routing has the lowest tax fares
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
Stay away from the UK, they have some of the highest departure taxes.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by frankpark9
usually when you use ur miles to book flights, you get charged fees and taxes. the price varys everytime i notice. i'm trying to fly from YOW to BKK. there are soo many different routings like yow-london-bkk, yow-yyz-nrt-bkk, yow-washington-fra-bkk. i was wondering how do i find out which routing has the lowest tax fares
Build your routing with the ITA matrix (use the multi-stop option and the routing-codes) and you see how many taxes that will be charged.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 9:42 am

Was looking at attempting the following booking tomorrow - havent seen much discussion re C availability on this thread re OS:

JFK -> VIE OS88
VIE -> BCN OS391
BCN -> JFK via GVA LX1941, LX22

Assuming award space available (shows on United and Aeroplan as of today) any reason this routing wouldnt get approved?

Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
No changes to award tickets once the trip starts

I have an award ticket with US and LH. Due to limited availability I have a return flight with quite a few connections BCN-FRA-BOS-PHL-SEA. However, looking at flight availability, it seems that LH releases additional award seats approx a week before the flights.

It is conceivable that FRA-PHL or even FRA-SEA flights becomes available on a short notice, but at that point I will already start my trip. How firm is US on the rule that "no changes once the trip starts"? Was anyone successful in changing the ticket under similar circumstances?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.