Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:46 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Supposed to get my 1st ride on one of the new config's this Wed...DXB-IAD. Right now I'm in C (rear-facing of course!) and WL for F...
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by susiesan
What happens in February?
Yea... I think it is going to be a lot longer than February where there is a really good chance of getting an refurb 777 (going to Europe at least)
Old Nov 21, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Got stuck with old equipment on LAX-LHR on 11/20. Was told by one of the GA that it was the third swap to the old equipment (they weren't told until the same day) in the past week.

I checked UALcargo to see that both 11/19 and 11/21 were the new equipment.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by bkc6j
Got stuck with old equipment on LAX-LHR on 11/20. Was told by one of the GA that it was the third swap to the old equipment (they weren't told until the same day) in the past week.

I checked UALcargo to see that both 11/19 and 11/21 were the new equipment.
I was lucky the LHR-LAX on 19th was new!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:31 am

Think there's any chance the routes to/from IAD to either Munich or Paris will be on the new equipment by June 2011? I have a couple of flights next summer and am hoping the updated planes will be in service on those routes.

----

Yea... I think it is going to be a lot longer than February where there is a really good chance of getting an refurb 777 (going to Europe at least)

Last edited by Eurotraveller2011; Nov 23, 2010 at 7:39 am Reason: To reference my question
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:41 am
Suspended

I just dont understand the route deployment.
finish 75% of IAD-LHR then do other random routes and dont finish that one...seems very odd?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:58 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by mattinsf
Personally I really like the new config C class on all of UA's planes, but I do find the lack of privacy on the 777, downstairs on the 747, and even the 763 to be a bit annoying. Upstairs on the 747 is best. I also usually travel with friends so the climbing over each other issue is less awkward; when on business I have found that to be a bit annoying when seated in the window. But compared to any seat in Y, especially on the 747, I feel quite fortunate.
It should be noted for the record that when traveling with a companion the 4-across is still better than AC or other herringbone config where conversation is impossible.

And since you have 'half' of the middle section to yourselves it does feel less awkward than, say, if you were a solo traveler and stuck in one of the inside of the 4-across.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:52 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
I got the new equipment on my DEN-LHR run a few weeks ago.

Bear in mind I was in row 33, window seat - so even though I had an exit slide for a friend, it shouldn't had been that bad.

And I'll be blunt here. What a crappy seat they've brought for economy product. It wasn't the exit slide, it was just trying to get comfortable. The padding is near enough nil, and I had to use the blanket as a lumbar support in the end.

Not impressed at all. Heck - I'd seek out older config 777's, CO's 777's or 767's than face a refurbed 777 again....

And DON'T Get me started on the Paid for IFE.....
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Kevincm
I got the new equipment on my DEN-LHR run a few weeks ago.

Bear in mind I was in row 33, window seat - so even though I had an exit slide for a friend, it shouldn't had been that bad.

And I'll be blunt here. What a crappy seat they've brought for economy product. It wasn't the exit slide, it was just trying to get comfortable. The padding is near enough nil, and I had to use the blanket as a lumbar support in the end.

Not impressed at all. Heck - I'd seek out older config 777's, CO's 777's or 767's than face a refurbed 777 again....

And DON'T Get me started on the Paid for IFE.....
Yes, I agree with you, although my preferred is 33A/K for the legroom, the seats are rubbish, the thumpscreen on your seatback gets rather tedious with some pax that are unable to work out that it is connected to the seat in front and that in that seat in front there might, just might, be a passenger that does not like being thumped in the back.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
I just dont understand the route deployment.
finish 75% of IAD-LHR then do other random routes and dont finish that one...seems very odd?
Ditto for SFO-LHR. UA 954 still isn't reliably 77Q.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: My posts are solely my opinion and do not represent the official position of United Airlines
Ditto for SFO-LHR. UA 954 still isn't reliably 77Q.
954 has now stopped for the Winter and wasn't slated for the new config before then
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by StayUnited
954 has now stopped for the Winter and wasn't slated for the new config before then
Yeah I know. I am booked on 954 next summer and it's still showing the old configuration. I find it strange that UA is doing some or most but not all planes in given markets.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
...I find it strange that UA is doing some or most but not all planes in given markets.
another example, SFO-FRA, one flight (900/901) is a "new" 747 and the other (926/927) is an "old" 777 -- it has been that way since one of the first "new" 747s was put on that route
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Yeah I know. I am booked on 954 next summer and it's still showing the old configuration. I find it strange that UA is doing some or most but not all planes in given markets.
Monitor your itinerary like a hawk if you have got a preferred seat to make sure you keep it in the event of a config change. I have been caught out a number of times.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
N224UA just left the paint shop at VCV for SFO this morning as UA9941. Unless Worldtrav says otherwise, I'm guessing this bird is going to hatch soon. Wonder what livery it got in VCV though!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.