Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:39 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
CDG-IAD is new config 777 today (if weather allows it to operate). This is the plane that was going to LHR yesterday and landed in CDG instead, so it doesn't mean CDG is starting to get the new config on a regular basis.

Last edited by iwillflytheworld; Dec 19, 2010 at 3:55 am Reason: Grammar
Old Dec 19, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
CDG-IAD is new config 777 today (if weather allows it to operate). This is the plane that was going to LHR yesterday and landed in CDG instead, so it doesn't mean CDG is starting to get the new config on a regular basis.
Zut alors! I'm on that route in about four weeks... No chance a new plane will pop out and be learning French by mid-January?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wiki shows no plane in for conversion (marked yellow). Is this correct?
If so, the stated plan of 9 completions in 2010 will be missed.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by cesco.g
See post 1457.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 22, 2010 at 11:14 am Reason: fix html
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:55 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by cesco.g
If so, the stated plan of 9 completions in 2010 will be missed.
I heard from a flight attendant who heard from a pilot who heard from a bag handler who heard from an IFL matron who heard from an ICC agent who heard from Jeff Smisek's niece's ex-boyfriend that the 777 conversions have stopped because the new UA is abolishing F class and changing to Y/BF only. E+ will be removed as part of the BF overhaul, and seat pitch will be reduced to 29" throughout the Y cabin. AVOD will be available throughout Y for a nominal charge of $16. BusinessFirst seats will not be available for sale or for elite upgrades, as they will be reserved exclusively for NRSAs and infrequent travelers who buy upgrades to BF for tens of dollars at check-in.

You heard it here first!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
I heard from a flight attendant who heard from a pilot who heard from a bag handler who heard from an IFL matron who heard from an ICC agent who heard from Jeff Smisek's niece's ex-boyfriend
No----ya gotta be kidding?
the new UA is abolishing F class and changing to Y/BF only.
No----ya gotta be kidding!
E+ will be removed as part of the BF overhaul, and seat pitch will be reduced to 29" throughout the Y cabin.
AVOD will be available throughout Y for a nominal charge of $16.
BusinessFirst seats will not be available for sale or for elite upgrades, as they will be reserved exclusively for NRSAs
Finally, something believeable in your post!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
Zut alors! I'm on that route in about four weeks... No chance a new plane will pop out and be learning French by mid-January?
Moi aussi (me too)! Any confirmation of new config 777 being used on CDG-IAD and IAD-CDG would be welcome news
Old Dec 22, 2010, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I was just that route, it was the old config, not too sure if it really warnent something as nice as the new config, our flight time was just a little over 6 hrs.

Originally Posted by sapguy
Moi aussi (me too)! Any confirmation of new config 777 being used on CDG-IAD and IAD-CDG would be welcome news
Old Dec 22, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: My posts are solely my opinion and do not represent the official position of United Airlines
Originally Posted by sapguy
Not planned anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Moderator's Note - The current thread may be found here]

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 2, 2011 at 11:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.