Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Status of UA's 777 Conversion to new International First, Business and Economy Seats

Old Dec 2, 10, 8:46 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Originally Posted by sfmaus View Post
The right parentheses didn't make the link... fixed above.
Old Dec 2, 10, 10:46 am

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
I saw N222UA on Tuesday morning at LAX in the new UA/CO colors. I assume this had been reconfigured and was headed to LHR.
Old Dec 2, 10, 11:36 am

Programs: My posts are solely my opinion and do not represent the official position of United Airlines
Originally Posted by StingWest View Post
Not completely random, but configurations can occasionally change at the last moment. United Cargo says Yes, UA930 will have the new configuration.

See www.unitedcargo.com and look for "77Q" as the aircraft type.
It's not random; the SFOLHR route is scheduled to have the reconfigured aircraft on the 930/931. While there are operational changes most of the time you will get one.

Until there is a 100% guarantee you won't get anything more concrete.
Old Dec 2, 10, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K, *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by rockrich View Post
Don't assume anything about the SFO LHR routes. Two weeks ago we were swapped to old config on 930 at the last minute.
Same here.
Old Dec 3, 10, 12:26 pm

I am still holding out for the news flat bed seats on 902 (IAD - MUC) on the 20th of December and 942 (AMS - IAD) on the 10th of November. I continue to check United's cargo flight schedule with the various attributes and the graphic on their Suite Dreams site. They show six reconfiguations, but always seem to be behind.

Any additional news? Am I being unrealistic? The seats in the current configuation aren't that bad, but I'd really like to be able to take an Ambien and snooze off while in flight.

Actualluy, I means 20 January, returning 10 February...still holding out.

And, I can't spell actually, as it would appear.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 3, 10 at 2:18 pm Reason: merge
Old Dec 4, 10, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Marriott, American
Sorry but I didn't sift through the 250 or so posts here.
Should I take it that ALL 777 planes have been upgraded to date with all new upgrades?
Thanks,
Brentski
Old Dec 4, 10, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by brentski View Post
Should I take it that ALL 777 planes have been upgraded to date with all new upgrades?
Thanks,
Brentski
Not even close. Check this link to answer your questions.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...sions_%28UA%29
Old Dec 4, 10, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brentski View Post
Thanks,
Brentski
No. Actually only about 6 planes out of 40-ish planes have been upgraded.

I flew today from SEA-NRT-SIN....old config (not complaining though! I like the old barcoloungers). A guy next to me on SEA-NRT was surprised to see the old config as he had done UA to Europe via the 767 recently (all int'l 767's have been reconfigured).
Old Dec 4, 10, 2:20 pm

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I believe seven have been converted.
Old Dec 4, 10, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond, National Executive, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by thomasj View Post
No. Actually only about 6 planes out of 40-ish planes have been upgraded.

I flew today from SEA-NRT-SIN....old config (not complaining though! I like the old barcoloungers). A guy next to me on SEA-NRT was surprised to see the old config as he had done UA to Europe via the 767 recently (all int'l 767's have been reconfigured).
Yeah they did a bait and switch on us on our LAX-NRT run last week. When we booked it was the new seating on the seating chart. Then the switched planes somewhere between booking and flying and my husband and I were not even together on the return flight, I had to get us reassigned at check-in. We were supposed to have a note in the files to keep our seats together but they messed up and we ended up in the middle of the old 777, but at least in the bulkhead. I find the old 777 C seats pretty uncomfortable because you can not raise your feet very high and I get leg cramps if my legs are not elevated on long haul flights. Looking forward to the 747 to SYD next month.
Old Dec 6, 10, 9:20 am

Let me know how you make out on your IAD-MUC run. I'm flying the same segment in June 2011 and am hoping I might ride on a newly configured 777 (747 would be a gift but that's likely too much to ask for that segment). Not holding out a lot of home they'll be using the new equipment on that run as they likely have other priorities but would be great if they come thru..

Originally Posted by erankin View Post
I am still holding out for the news flat bed seats on 902 (IAD - MUC) on the 20th of December and 942 (AMS - IAD) on the 10th of November. I continue to check United's cargo flight schedule with the various attributes and the graphic on their Suite Dreams site. They show six reconfiguations, but always seem to be behind.

Any additional news? Am I being unrealistic? The seats in the current configuation aren't that bad, but I'd really like to be able to take an Ambien and snooze off while in flight.

Actualluy, I means 20 January, returning 10 February...still holding out.

And, I can't spell actually, as it would appear.
Old Dec 7, 10, 4:35 pm

Location: Kailua, Hawaii. USA - UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Angry New Config 12/5 ICN to NRT

Wife and I were on short flight from ICN to NRT and was surprised at boarding that 777 was new flat bed config. Talked to purser and she said that United was testing out this new plane only on the this short flight, then it would move to Europe. I guess we will still have to wait for any new configs in Far East routes.
Old Dec 7, 10, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
SFO-KIX-SFO is served by 77Q pretty regularly, according to United Cargo.
Old Dec 7, 10, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Son View Post
Wife and I were on short flight from ICN to NRT and was surprised at boarding that 777 was new flat bed config. Talked to purser and she said that United was testing out this new plane only on the this short flight, then it would move to Europe. I guess we will still have to wait for any new configs in Far East routes.
I was on this plane from NRT to IAD on Dec. 5. Incredibly nice surprise to have the new config lie-flat business seat for the 12 hour flight.
Old Dec 8, 10, 4:30 pm

Location: Kailua, Hawaii. USA - UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
New Config 12/5 in NRT

So that is where the new 777 was going after my flight from ICN to NRT same day. Probably to IAD so that could move to Europe.

Search this Thread