Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:19 am

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
ANA star aliance award search

It seems ANA award search tool doesn't work anymore in past week. The search button becomes gray and only thing you can search is ANA flights. Does everyone have the same issue? Is there any way to resolve the issue?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 23, 2010 at 8:37 am Reason: please search archives for similar threads; thank you.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:27 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

It's not just you. Doesn't work for me either.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1P and miles scattered around a few other programs
There are a few other posts about this. If you have 0 miles in your account, the search tool doesn't work. Continental.com is a good replacement. Their search tool is just as good (if not better).
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Originally Posted by GRU the wanderer
There are a few other posts about this. If you have 0 miles in your account, the search tool doesn't work. Continental.com is a good replacement. Their search tool is just as good (if not better).
Is there a thread I could go to with perhaps a quick tutorial on searching ANA or Continental for *A award flights? Or perhaps someone could clue me in? I just spent an hour wandering thru continental.com and I don't see reference to anything but CO flights....
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please see the link contained in the first post of this thread.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by jswong
You beat me. I transferred 10 points!

Jeff
Is this really what ANA was trying to achieve?

Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Grace B
Is this really what ANA was trying to achieve?

Interesting question! It's doubtful that they anticipated a group of dedicated, resourceful, FFers would find a way around the tiny little shallow MOAT they were trying to build around their search tool

Dave
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by kcblakely
Is there a thread I could go to with perhaps a quick tutorial on searching ANA or Continental for *A award flights? Or perhaps someone could clue me in? I just spent an hour wandering thru continental.com and I don't see reference to anything but CO flights....
^

I agree. All I find is EG/MS or LO for alternatives in Europe whe searches are based in NYC. No LH, LX, etc in results. The same searches on ANA showed most *A Eurpean carriers.

I did an ORD/FRA award seatch and 1 UA flight was returned, Y only available. The same search on ANA showed all UA and all LH available with F/C/Y availability.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:03 am

Programs: 1P, MR Plat
Hi all,

I'm looking to fly from New York area to CDG in Mar 2011, and I found using the ANA tool businessfirst seats on CO:

3/10/11 Co 056 EWR-CDG
3/17/11 Co 057 CDG-EWR
68,000 mi RT/person

When I call UA, they say they have neither flight available, and the days they do in march cost 105,000 miles.

Are the ANA tool mile costs completely unrelated to the actual cost? And am I pretty much SOL because UA tells me there is no availability?

Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:34 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by CaptainChunk
Hi all,

I'm looking to fly from New York area to CDG in Mar 2011, and I found using the ANA tool businessfirst seats on CO:

3/10/11 Co 056 EWR-CDG
3/17/11 Co 057 CDG-EWR
68,000 mi RT/person

When I call UA, they say they have neither flight available, and the days they do in march cost 105,000 miles.

Are the ANA tool mile costs completely unrelated to the actual cost? And am I pretty much SOL because UA tells me there is no availability?

Thanks.
The ANA award chart is distance based, but the United award chart is region based and different from ANA's chart. If you are unable to book awards seen on the ANA site, then you may be experiencing StarNet blocking by United which means awards are being made by Star Partners, but United is not allowing that award to be booked(they are blocking it) as a cost control measure for its frequent flyer program.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jswong
You beat me. I transferred 10 points!

Jeff
i called spg and they said the minimum transfer is 2,500 points. What do I need to do to transfer less than that?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: JGC
Originally Posted by coiaflyer
i called spg and they said the minimum transfer is 2,500 points. What do I need to do to transfer less than that?
become their Platinum member.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Delta, AA, IC Royal Ambassador, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by kcblakely
The reply to this post directed the poster to page 1 of this thread, but that is not helpful with respect to searches on Continental. I, too, have tried browsing through Continental.com and have not yet found anything useful to replace the ANA tool for *A award travel searches. Help!

Dave
Old Aug 8, 2010, 2:17 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Trying to use the ANA tool now... it's grayed out for partner awards, but not for ANA awards. ANyone know how to fix this?
Old Aug 8, 2010, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
Trying to use the ANA tool now... it's grayed out for partner awards, but not for ANA awards. ANyone know how to fix this?
Posters need to be very careful that their comments don't bring the whole house of cards down. It seems you're maybe not being overly careful in this regard. ANA has already screwed it up for most people.

Just search more diligently and you'll get your answer. It is already on this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.