Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by globetraveler
Wow, this is a wonderful tool, thanks everyone for the great tip! ^
I do have to say however, that SQ has not shown one available 1st or Business Class Award Seat for the entire month of October (that I can see anyway) What's up with that, is SQ not putting any award seats in their inventory?
There is plenty of SQ availability on routes like SIN-Australia, SIN-Asia, SIN-LHR/CPH/AMS.... unfortunately not so for SIN-USA.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 6:27 am

There are some jfk-sin awards floating around I saw a couple days ago in Nov, plus lax-nrt-sin stuff as well. The stuff to moscow seems the hardest to come by.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aurigakb
There is plenty of SQ availability on routes like SIN-Australia, SIN-Asia, SIN-LHR/CPH/AMS.... unfortunately not so for SIN-USA.
In what cabin? I usually see plenty of availability...
Old Jul 9, 2008, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
In what cabin? I usually see plenty of availability...

business, for two.

did some searching for next year, but not much luck.

anyway, already booked with a combination of SQ intra-Asia, OZ, and AC to JFK and YYZ.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 12:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
I wonder what this means - from ANA:
*Number of registered person has exceed.
Please register or change your family within two generations for your award usage*
Old Sep 20, 2008, 3:13 pm

Programs: United, Marriott, Hertz
FYI - I received the same message. I'd love to know what it means too.
Old Sep 20, 2008, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by pcoll52
I wonder what this means - from ANA:
*Number of registered person has exceed.
Please register or change your family within two generations for your award usage*
Basically it means that your ANA SkyMiles profile only has one person listed on it. You need to amend it to add a travelling companion (spouse, sibling, etc).

It seems that when you search for flights using miles it is smart enough (?) to recognise that you only have one person listed on your account so why would you be searching for 2 seats (?!?!?!)

Thats those inscruitable Japanese for you!!

Anyway - amend your ANA membership profile online by adding a second name to your account and then search again. I had to do exactly this and so I know it works

Interesting variation here!
We were trying to get *A seats from DEN to EDI using LH via FRA in business class

Eventually found dates on LH via ANA tool but upon calling agent and giving exact flight numbers, we got the stock reply - sorry there are no seats available to Mileage Plus members on those flights. This despite the fact that the entire biz class section of an A340 was empty!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sounds like the experience that others have

What was interesting though was that 2 days later, a whole batch of UA seats opened up on routes from DEN to CDG,AMS, BRU, MUC. We opted to do that and pick up a SleazyJet flight from CDG to EDI. OK so we dont get biz all the way but we at least got seats.

Oh and it is over Christmas as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by iluv2fly; Nov 10, 2008 at 9:22 am Reason: merge
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, BA Gold
ANA Starnet

How do you find ANA starnets website that was in the United Airlines article?
Old Oct 26, 2008, 10:09 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
http://www.ana.co.jp/amc_e/
Old Oct 26, 2008, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once you register for an account, simply sign-in here:
https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/p_per/sky_...SearchLogin.do
Old Nov 8, 2008, 11:45 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
SFO-CDG July award strategy?

Unless there's a killer winter air fare sale for summer travel, my trip to France this July (to see the Tour de France) will be using a pair of award tix. But United is making it almost impossible to get to France.

There are some tix available to LHR, and once in a while tix show up to AMS. Both could serve as possible but inconvenient ways to get to France, requiring either a short (paid) plane trip, or train.

The ANA website actually shows fewer UA flights than actually available (something pointed out earlier in this thread). But it's not showing me much of anything on *A.

What's the best strategy? Do I sit & wait and hope something SFO-CDG actually shows up? Is there a way to book SFO-LHR and be waitlisted for SFO-CDG without a penalty if it works out? And if I choose a *A routing, am I stuck with it or is there still a waitlist option?

Thanks in advance-
Old Nov 9, 2008, 12:16 am

Programs: UA 1P, SPG
How about *A connections from LHR, FRA, ZRH, CPH, VIE...with LX, LH, BMI, SAS, or Austrian...I havent done the research, but is getting in intra-europe flight on an award ticket hard to come by?
Old Nov 9, 2008, 10:47 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Very specific Award questions (waitlisting)

OK, I'm confused about the process of securing one Award trip while waiting for another.

I can get, if I have to, SFO-LHR & return. My destination is CDG though, meaning a trip either on another plane or the train.

Can I get two award tix for SFO-LHR and be waitlisted for SFO-CDG? Without having a penalty if it's changed?

Also, assuming all-UA metal, can I change the return date by a day on the waitlisted trip?

And, finally, can I also waitlist for a not-yet-available (and not likely to be!) C instead of Y?

Many thanks. Details, trip in July, leaving 17th, coming back 27th if from CDG, 28th if from LHR.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:35 am

Another ANA booking tool question

I vaguely remembering reading about this once, but I couldn't find it again in Search. So, I apologize if I'm repeating a question. I'm looking for that ever-elusive tpac XC seat on UA, just to waste some miles before the price goes up. I of course am not finding anything on .bomb, but when I use the ANA booking tool, it actually shows that UA has availability!! Am I just using the tool incorrectly or something? It seems bizarre that UA would let ANA take inventory but not offer Saver Awards to its own members.. really confused at the moment, and looking for some ammo before I call up. TIA!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by kpbanana
I of course am not finding anything on .bomb, but when I use the ANA booking tool, it actually shows that UA has availability!!
Either NH is wrong (possible), or united.com is wrong (more likely). Try calling UA - it's the only way to get fully accurate information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.