Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: United 1k
Originally Posted by novaguy30
Awesome! Thanks for clearing up the "enigma."
Whats this ANA tool you speak of? I'd love it if i could play around with routings and availability for award travel with codeshares, without having to call the 800 number!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
create an account at: http://www.ana.co.jp/eng/.

then click on 'Award Reservation' after logging in.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma
novaguy30, takes a little bit of time to get used to ANA.

If you see a faded orange block with a circle in it, it means this segment will be available, but the ANA tool is waiting for you to choose from the previous segment first.
What does it mean exactly, if there is a triangle in that block?

Yesterday I called M&M for a flight request with QR, but the girli on the phone told me, that there is no availability for that flight...
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:20 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

I love using the ANA tool, calling UA, giving specific dates and times and listening to the shocked response:

"Oh wow, this never happens. Mr. MileageAddict, the exact dates and flights you have chosen are available."

Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by flying.klm
What does it mean exactly, if there is a triangle in that block?

Yesterday I called M&M for a flight request with QR, but the girli on the phone told me, that there is no availability for that flight...
If you get a triangle in the ANA tool, re-do the query. Seems to happen if it doesn't get the result back in time or properly.

Sorry to hear you didn't get the flight.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:33 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
There should probably be a 'training' thread for the ANA GUI on FT, as the ANA mileage site is pretty confusing for newbs, and even for some of us regs. Not sure where it should be placed, but it might make sense to start a training thread or a FAQ for it. Who wants to volunteer (I'm too busy ).

Will
Old Jun 24, 2008, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
I love using the ANA tool, calling UA, giving specific dates and times and listening to the shocked response:

"Oh wow, this never happens. Mr. MileageAddict, the exact dates and flights you have chosen are available."

I got the same thing when booking SEA-FRA-LIS-FNC-LIS-FRA-SEA on LH, LH, TP, TP, LH, LH. The agent was mystified. She actually asked if I wanted to take a shorter connection and I said "oh, you mean LHxxxx?". She was dumbfounded. I told her that I do my research
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:00 pm

ANA Tool not correct?

Anyone ever had a case where the ANA tool reflects award availability but the UA awards agent doesn't have see any availability?

I've been spending a lot of time searching various configurations on ANA assuming that one call would take care of it...

This is for JFK-MUC-OTP on LH, for what it's worth. Should I call back and assume that the agent I spoke with didn't know what he was doing?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by schematic
Anyone ever had a case where the ANA tool reflects award availability but the UA awards agent doesn't have see any availability?

I've been spending a lot of time searching various configurations on ANA assuming that one call would take care of it...

This is for JFK-MUC-OTP on LH, for what it's worth. Should I call back and assume that the agent I spoke with didn't know what he was doing?
No. United has fraudulently devalued your miles and hasn't told you about it. Search for "starnet" on this forum for some run reading.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Axey
No. United has fraudulently devalued your miles and hasn't told you about it. Search for "starnet" on this forum for some run reading.
Fraudulently? Starnet filtering hardly meets the legal definition for fraud.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Fraudulently? Starnet filtering hardly meets the legal definition for fraud.
Recommend you read up on that. Knowingly making a false statement ("LH hasn't released seats") is fraud. Promises of future performance without intending to perform on said promise ("Free award travel on Star Alliance partners!") is fraud.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:14 pm

Recommend you read up on that. Knowingly making a false statement ("LH hasn't released seats") is fraud. Promises of future performance without intending to perform on said promise ("Free award travel on Star Alliance partners!") is fraud.
However they do offer free award travel on *A partners, just not every flight. How is this different than any other mileage program where there aren't award seats on each and every possible flight you could take?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:15 pm

However they do offer free award travel on *A partners, just not every flight. How is this different than any other mileage program where there aren't award seats on each and every possible flight you could take?
Oh please. Fish elsewhere.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:19 pm

Oh please. Fish elsewhere.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a UA apologist on this... Starnet Filtering pisses me off too. I've luckily never been affected by it - though I've only taken one *A award flight (see a few posts up).

All I'm suggesting is that it's within UA's right to do so, just as it's within their right to not release every possible seat, even on their own flights, for award redemption.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 9:20 pm

All I'm suggesting is that it's within UA's right to do so, just as it's within their right to not release every possible seat, even on their own flights, for award redemption.
Within their right, sure. But not disclosing it and blaming LH is, as I said, fraudulent. That's all I'm saying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.