Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
What's the minimum SPG points to transfer for a Gold?
1500 SPG points
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by jarino
1500 SPG points
Hmm. I think I'll transfer MR points then. I plan to transfer in from both come October to hopefully bag award tix to China for Sept. 2011.

Thanks for the info.

Also, I noticed in doing trial searches for award tix on partner airlines, there's hardly any availability 10/ 11 months out where I was seeing plenty last week before ANA changed the search tool. Wonder it it's related?

Last edited by susiesan; Jun 17, 2010 at 2:32 pm
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Starnet availability no longer available on ANA??

Sorry if this is a repost.

Until a few days ago, I was able to log into my ANA account (which has a zero balance) and check Star Alliance award availability. Just logged in again today and the option for partner flights (Star awards) is deactivated and a note at the bottom stating that 'partner flights awards tool not available to members with no miles balance'. Is this new? Anyone else encountered this?

Not sure what other tools are available to check *A award availability? I think I read the AC site is able to.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've put together a GreaseMonkey script this afternoon that has enabled the *A searching again without miles in one's account. It adds a link at the top of the page that is working well in my initial testing. Only useful if you've got Firefox and GreaseMonkey, but it is working.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...earch-problem/
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
ANA tool doesn't work anymore?

I searched this forum and couldn't find anything on this so I appologize if this has been posted already...

I tried the ANA tool this morning and the parnter search was greyed out with a message stating that it was not available for members who did not have a mileage balance.

Is there another tool?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 18, 2010 at 10:46 am Reason: already existing and active discussion on this topic in this thread
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by andyh64000
I searched this forum and couldn't find anything on this so I appologize if this has been posted already...

I tried the ANA tool this morning and the parnter search was greyed out with a message stating that it was not available for members who did not have a mileage balance.

Is there another tool?
Believe there are a couple other threads on this topic, including suggestions for workarounds.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by sbm12
I've put together a GreaseMonkey script this afternoon that has enabled the *A searching again without miles in one's account. It adds a link at the top of the page that is working well in my initial testing. Only useful if you've got Firefox and GreaseMonkey, but it is working.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...earch-problem/
This works, amazing! Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 4:16 pm

Programs: US, LH, HH
Cool idea with the script. Somehow I only got session timeouts with the GS script, tried relogging etc. but didn't work. Manipulating the image back to a button did work however. I've also noticed that after logging in I get in via https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/e1/p_per/s...loginAction.do which isn't covered by the include rule. I've reworked the script to this:

PHP Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           starALink
// @namespace      http://tools.wanderingaramean.com
// @description    Put the *A Search Link back on the ANA site
// @include        https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/p_per/sky_ip_per_jp/preAwdSearchLogin.do*
// @include        https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/e1/p_per/sky_ip_per_jp/loginAction.do*
// ==/UserScript==

var img_snap document.evaluate("//img[@alt='Use Star Alliance Member Airlines']",

documentnullXPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPEnull);
if(
img_snap.snapshotLength 0) {

image_inactive img_snap.snapshotItem(0);

//replace gray image, with functional blue button

var restored_input document.createElement("input");

restored_input.name "buttons.starTicketButton";

restored_input.type "image";

restored_input.src image_inactive.src.replace("gray","blue");

image_inactive.parentNode.appendChild(restored_input);

image_inactive.style.display "none";

Old Jun 19, 2010, 7:20 am

Not sure this is the right thread or not, but when I did a search using ANA, the award came back with availability for a UA flight and a NZ flight for 85k miles. Do I need to book 2 one ways by calling UA if that is where I have my miles?
Old Jun 19, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: UA/AA
Yes, call United to try for the itinerary you want. Ask for the flights you want.
You can book it as a round trip even though it is on two carriers. Beware of Starnet blocking by UA on the NZ flight. Good luck.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: * A
thanks 4 the script sbm12
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Yes, call United to try for the itinerary you want. Ask for the flights you want.
You can book it as a round trip even though it is on two carriers. Beware of Starnet blocking by UA on the NZ flight. Good luck.
I'll try calling them and see what happens
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
I transfered 50 points from my SPG account on Thursday June 17, points posted to my ANA account today and I am now able to search Star Alliance Flights on the ANA Website now.

sdcarver
Old Jun 22, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Originally Posted by NYCWahoo
This works, amazing! Thanks.
It does not work anymore here.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:24 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Originally Posted by sdcarver
I transfered 50 points from my SPG account on Thursday June 17, points posted to my ANA account today and I am now able to search Star Alliance Flights on the ANA Website now.

sdcarver
You beat me. I transferred 10 points!

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.