Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ANA tool now only shows availability from 7 days in advance.

This wasn't there a couple days ago:

The booking period for the Star Alliance Award Ticket is between 330 days to 7 days prior to the date of departure.
Major as on numerous occasions I was able to make changes taking advantage of last minute inventory.
What other options do we have to check *A awards on a short notice?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by azepine00

Major as on numerous occasions I was able to make changes taking advantage of last minute inventory.
annoying, but united.com functionality on this front seems to be improving - albeit slowly and painfully.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:57 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00

Slight workaround I just noticed:

If you put in tomorrow's date for the first outbound flight, then enter your actual date you want to check within the next 7-days for the next, it will still show availability, as below:

Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:56 pm

Am I the only one who's not smart enough to get past the Award User Registration page?

No matter where/how I click on the Application/ticketing link, it redirects me to a page that asks me to enter other award users. I tried entering one, so that I could submit and hopefully move on to the search, but no such luck.

Maybe I'm an idiot (actually, that's a guarantee), but how to I get past that page now?

I've used the ANA tool many times before, and even after the changes they made a few months back. This is for all awards, including domestic ANA flights. It's not related to the Star Alliance mileage requirement that was implemented a few months back.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 21, 2010, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UNITED863

If you put in tomorrow's date for the first outbound flight, then enter your actual date you want to check within the next 7-days for the next, it will still show availability, as below:

Interesting. Thanks! ^^
Old Oct 21, 2010, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by UNITED863

I noticed this also. It's backwards and requires an additional search, but it does work.

Seems like the ANA search is for 4 days and further out but the *A search is for 7-330 days.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 4, 2010 at 5:58 am
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Need help with ANA tool

Hi folks,

Trying to book one-way award in F on LH for ORD-FRA between Nov17-20 but ANA tool doesn't allow to check any partner availability and says it's available only for members with certain points balance (mine is 0 since i'm newly registered)
Anyone could check availability in F awards please?

thank you!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:28 pm

One of our fellow FTers got a good solution to solve your problem
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/thewan...earch-problem/
Originally Posted by swaigiux
Hi folks,

Trying to book one-way award in F on LH for ORD-FRA between Nov17-20 but ANA tool doesn't allow to check any partner availability and says it's available only for members with certain points balance (mine is 0 since i'm newly registered)
Anyone could check availability in F awards please?

thank you!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Thank you! It does work perfectly ^
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I'm looking at award tickets that are partially on UA metal booked using CO miles. The UA seat maps are showing the F cabin completely empty but F award inventory isn't there. I've booked many awards before so I know that carriers don't give every open seat as an award.

If I book this particular segment in J and F opens up before the flight CO will let me change the cabin for no fee since the rest of the award is in F and I'm a Plat. My question is this: Does UA ever let the flight go out with empty F seats or will inventory be released (is NF the UA term)? If inventory isn't released, is there a way of getting the GA to change the ticketed cabin within the actual reservation or do I have to ask for an op-up?

This is my first time trying to redeem for UA international F and the flight is only about 2 hours long so sitting in J wouldn't be the end of the world, I'm just trying to figure out the rules.

Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 6:20 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
I've been using AwardNexus lately because it doesn't require a "workaround". Is one or the other better? It seems like it is the same data pulled from ANA...
Old Dec 17, 2010, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by Ericka
I've been using AwardNexus lately because it doesn't require a "workaround". Is one or the other better? It seems like it is the same data pulled from ANA...
It is the same data.

Award Nexus is nicer in terms of viewing the data, but otherwise the inventory of the data is the same.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
The ANA tool for partner airlines does not let you in until you have a certain number of acquired miles with ANA. Does anybody know any way around it?
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:34 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Please see post #128 for a possible solution.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I am looking at doing an F award from MCI-DEN-FRA-DEN-MCI, and have no problem finding space on UA.. As far as LH, how far out have most people needed to search to get F availability?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.