Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by joejones
Another thing about the ANA tool is that it won't show you all connection possibilities, just the easiest and most obvious ones. A UA agent may spot combinations which ANA's online system ignores.
Nothing stops you from checking segment by segment. @:-)
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by Guava
Nothing stops you from checking segment by segment. @:-)
And, if you're good, which many of us are, you know lots of routings that almost no one else would think of.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Another issue, which may well already have been covered, is that the NH tool doesn't show NY availability on UA.

But a a 1K, it is available, so check with the .bomb.

Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Question ANA Tool??? How often does it Update?

Have a BOS-NRT C Class trip in June and trying to change the dates for no fee (thus keeping the routing AC there / NH Back). I check the ANA Tool every day. Does inventory on the Tool change throughout the day reflecting real time or daily? Just want to know if I should keep checking every couple of hours?

Also, in your experience, is it hopeless checking for AC/NH availability opening 4-5 months out (as opposed to checking closer to your departure date?)

Thx
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Might be some useful info here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ad-merged.html
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is kind of weird. Today, the ANA tool is showing lots of flights as 'available for request' (the little black carrot), rather than 'seats available'. Same flights showed seats yesterday, and the week before! Yet, when I call UA about these flights, they do indeed still have seats! Is this a known quirk?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by stevenshev
I have definitely seen a few (not many) LH TATL seats in the past few weeks that were available through UA but not NH. Weird, I know, but that was the case.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Verrrrry interesting (apologies to Arte Johnson). This could be due to UA and LH's "special" relationship, but is still surprising.
Originally Posted by hobo13
This is kind of weird. Today, the ANA tool is showing lots of flights as 'available for request' (the little black carrot), rather than 'seats available'. Same flights showed seats yesterday, and the week before! Yet, when I call UA about these flights, they do indeed still have seats! Is this a known quirk?
Apologies for posting to this old thread, but I'm confused.

I want to book a MP award on LH.

If ANA shows no availability yet UA has availability on LH, then the ANA tool is not very useful for me. Am I missing something?

If I sign up for LH Miles and More, and use the LH award search, will that give me accurate availability for booking via UA?
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:35 pm

Is there anyway to use the ANA tool to search for domestic ANA tickets? If not, is there another way to look?
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:51 am

Has ANA tool dissapeared?

Now when I go to ANA I see that partner search is not highlighted and this footnote on the bottom of the screen:

The Partner Flight Award search function is not available for passengers who do not have any mileage balance.

This is really going to stink. Just happened like an hour ago. Can I transfer 1 SPG point to ANA? Maybe I will have to credit my next flight to ANA.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:52 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
I just noticed this too!! I wonder if the other *A carriers would putting pressure on ANA to restrict access to the tool. This is extremely frustrating.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:56 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I just noticed this too!! I wonder if the other *A carriers would putting pressure on ANA to restrict access to the tool. This is extremely frustrating.
Maybe ANA sees traffic going to it's site, slowing things down and getting very little sales from that traffic. A network guru could have noticed their bookings/visit going down and noticed that many were using their award engine with no miles to book. Not an efficient use of company resources.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:00 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fastair
Maybe ANA sees traffic going to it's site, slowing things down and getting very little sales from that traffic. A network guru could have noticed their bookings/visit going down and noticed that many were using their award engine with no miles to book. Not an efficient use of company resources.
That is possible-- glad I have a mileage balance on ANA!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:03 am

I was just using it and noticed the greyed out portion. I googled and found a work around for that. Use the search tools for ANA International award availability, enter and search any city pair, then you will see "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" at the bottom.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:26 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by fastair
I'm thinking that this is especially possible with the *A booking tool that a FTer was privately releasing for testing. Perhaps they saw a big increase in search queries from that.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:36 am

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Cheap IHG property stay credited to ANA should solve it, if you're willing to pay.

Interestingly, KVS still works using your ANA #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.