Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

Consolidated "ANA Booking Tool and UA MP Awards" Thread [Merged]

 
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:23 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MEL
Programs: UA 1K, DJ, QF, SQ, SPG.
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by fone
I was just using it and noticed the greyed out portion. I googled and found a work around for that. Use the search tools for ANA International award availability, enter and search any city pair, then you will see "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" at the bottom.
tried that, but cannot see the 'use star alliance member airlines' anywhere near the bottom!
this is terrible!
any one else know any loopholes?
Noel Vice is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:50 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Posts: 6,355
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Cheap IHG property stay credited to ANA should solve it, if you're willing to pay.

Interestingly, KVS still works using your ANA #.
Why would you think KVS wouldn't work? I'm sure they have some type of software code that would work around this if it ever happened as it is a paid tool. I do pay the yearly subscription for their top level.
schley is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 5:19 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 856
Originally Posted by Noel Vice
tried that, but cannot see the 'use star alliance member airlines' anywhere near the bottom!
this is terrible!
any one else know any loopholes?
Maybe I didnt post clear enough. I just tried again and it is still there.

1) Click on "ANA International Flight Awards"
2) Enter any (valid) city pairs and any (valid) dates
3) Click "Next", NOT of Flight Search
4) Scroll all the way to the bottom
5) You should see "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" button, click this to search *A availability.
fone is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:30 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 359
Originally Posted by fone
Maybe I didnt post clear enough. I just tried again and it is still there.

1) Click on "ANA International Flight Awards"
2) Enter any (valid) city pairs and any (valid) dates
3) Click "Next", NOT of Flight Search
4) Scroll all the way to the bottom
5) You should see "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" button, click this to search *A availability.

Just tried your method, and it's telling me that *A reservation for the departure point you requested is not available. Do note that I am departuring from a city that is not served by ANA.
corrad is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:37 am
  #80  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada
Programs: UA*1K MM
Posts: 23,237
Originally Posted by corrad
Just tried your method, and it's telling me that *A reservation for the departure point you requested is not available. Do note that I am departuring from a city that is not served by ANA.
you need to input an ANA operated route at first, then after clicking to the Star page, you can freely search for any destination
rankourabu is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:42 am
  #81  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: SPI
Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Posts: 18,147
I wish I had an idea of how MANY miles one needs to maintain "searchable" status on the ANA tool, since *Point transfers for Plat members don't have a minimum and transferring a few hundred wouldn't even hurt.

Dave
bseller is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:45 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MEL
Programs: UA 1K, DJ, QF, SQ, SPG.
Posts: 211
Originally Posted by fone
Maybe I didnt post clear enough. I just tried again and it is still there.

1) Click on "ANA International Flight Awards"
2) Enter any (valid) city pairs and any (valid) dates
3) Click "Next", NOT of Flight Search
4) Scroll all the way to the bottom
5) You should see "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" button, click this to search *A availability.
thanks for that!
worked when i put the valid ANA city in first!
....thats why i love FT!
Noel Vice is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:45 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SIN
Programs: UA Platinum, DL Platinum, AFKL Gold, Qatar Gold
Posts: 894
Originally Posted by fone
Maybe I didnt post clear enough. I just tried again and it is still there.

1) Click on "ANA International Flight Awards"
2) Enter any (valid) city pairs and any (valid) dates
3) Click "Next", NOT of Flight Search
4) Scroll all the way to the bottom
5) You should see "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" button, click this to search *A availability.
It works well, thanks!
But I think it won't take long until they discover the glitch , because there is a good chance that they read FT. ^
thyeri is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 10:36 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,994
If you are SPG plat, you should also be able to transfer 1 SPG to ANA. Alas, I am not SPG plat.
abcx is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:42 am
  #85  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC, JNB, LON, NYC
Programs: * A
Posts: 2,527
I <3 FT! I almost had a mild stroke when the star alliances search button was greyed out on ANA Tool. thanks for saving my <3. cheers
noirpepper is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:46 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Diego
Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Posts: 852
OP,
Thanks for the update on balance needed for ANA Partner searches. I am SPG Platinum and I just transferred 50 spg points to ANA. Once the points are transferred I will update on whether 50 Miles is enough.

sdcarver
sdcarver is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:03 pm
  #87  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: DCA/IAD and RTW
Programs: UA GS, DL360, AmEx Centurion
Posts: 5,385
Originally Posted by sdcarver
OP,
Thanks for the update on balance needed for ANA Partner searches. I am SPG Platinum and I just transferred 50 spg points to ANA. Once the points are transferred I will update on whether 50 Miles is enough.
I just transferred 1, so we'll see if that does it...
ironmanjt is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:11 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC, JNB, LON, NYC
Programs: * A
Posts: 2,527
now the ana web engine for me is at crawl... hope it won't be the another .bomb
noirpepper is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:36 pm
  #89  
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 12,949
Arrow

Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Interestingly, KVS still works using your ANA #.
Originally Posted by schley
Why would you think KVS wouldn't work? I'm sure they have some type of software code that would work around this if it ever happened as it is a paid tool. I do pay the yearly subscription for their top level.
That is correct: KVS Tool is not affected by the recent changes to the ANA website, and KVS Tool members continue to enjoy uninterrupted access to Star Alliance award/upgrade availability.
KVS is offline  
Old Jun 17, 2010, 2:21 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Programs: AA Gold
Posts: 3,643
Originally Posted by sdcarver
OP,
Thanks for the update on balance needed for ANA Partner searches. I am SPG Platinum and I just transferred 50 spg points to ANA. Once the points are transferred I will update on whether 50 Miles is enough.

sdcarver
What's the minimum SPG points to transfer for a Gold? Or I can transfer 1000 MR points. I have both.
susiesan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.