Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upsell Offers From UA For Business/First Seating (Time of Purchase, OLCI, or Gate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upsell Offers From UA For Business/First Seating (Time of Purchase, OLCI, or Gate)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
LAX-FRA was offered for 710USD 2 weeks ago !

I declined and got a rebooking onto another plane into Y (plane was delayed a few hours) and used 15K miles for upgrade instead

Booking class was el cheapo S so UA doesnt really seem to care
Old Oct 24, 2008, 9:56 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
As this thread is so massive, if one does a paid upgrade does it book into NC or C/D for mileage? In addition, is paid UG for 2 classes of service possible? My flight to Dubai next Wednesday I think I would definitely go for it if reasonable. That being said the plane looks empty at this point. If offered Y to F I would definitely make the jump for $1000 or less.
Any advise? Ask the check in agent?
-UFFA
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:02 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by UnitedFFinAsia
If offered Y to F I would definitely make the jump for $1000 or less.
Any advise? Ask the check in agent?
-UFFA
They are always for moves of one class of service
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
if one does a paid upgrade does it book into NC or C/D for mileage? In addition, is paid UG for 2 classes of service possible?
NC. No.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
NC. No.
So then it counts the same for M+ as booking a C/D class fare?
-UFFA
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1p
Anyone been denied UFC when on a K fare?

Just booked a smokin' deal DEN - SYD, but it's in K class. Would love to buy up Y to C if available. Got a decent enough seat in Y+, but I've not yet had to cope with a UA 747 in Y. Most of the postings here have nothing nice to say about the experience.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 10:50 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by P32t/g
Anyone been denied UFC when on a K fare?

Just booked a smokin' deal DEN - SYD, but it's in K class. Would love to buy up Y to C if available. Got a decent enough seat in Y+, but I've not yet had to cope with a UA 747 in Y. Most of the postings here have nothing nice to say about the experience.
How much was it? Yes UFC does occur with K fares as well.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:02 am

Programs: UA 1p
$979 AI. Less than a 2 week advance purchase too. Needed 15k to maintain 1p, this was the best deal I could find to get it in.

On another note, as long as I'm posting to this thread, I have to mention that you cant ever give up on these UFC's. Last trip to LHR, I wasn't offered the deal at OLC, The ticket agent said no when I checked my bag, Then the matrons at DEN RCC said definitely not available (and they denied me drink chits). So I went to the gate, resolved to accept my decent Y seat (17A).

At the gate, they were making PA announcements that they not only were offering UFC, but they needed people badly enough that they had discounted the price! Bought it on the spot. Don't remember the price, but I posted it on this thread after I got it.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, SPG Gold,NW GE
ABQ-CDg.
Travelling on a Business Saver Mileage ticket.
OLCI offered upgrade to F for $695.
Declined.
very nice flight in C, anyway.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
JFK>SFO UA19 (8pm)

With a Standard Award in C, I was offered F for $396 more during OLCI but I declined because I traveled with my wife and if I had traveled alone I would have just booked F with the miles. I was out of town for Dad's birthday and got 20 or so miles per dollar spent with FTD. He enjoyed the gifts/flowers and I scored miles. Miles still come too quickly and easily for UA consumers! BTW there were about 5 or so empty seats in C.
Michael
Old Oct 28, 2008, 9:02 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
-UFFA

Did you read mahasamatman's post? It books into NC.

NC does not count as booking a C/D fare.
Old Oct 28, 2008, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
RDU-IAD

I booked a last minute award (NY) ticket and on OLCI was offered an UFC for $77.

I turned it down since it's only a 44 minute flight and I had Row 10 all to myself on a 733
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
-UFFA
Not in Mileage Plus. Other FFP's recognize the new COS when you pay cash and you have to send in the reciepts (M&M is one example).
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by P32t/g
$979 AI. Less than a 2 week advance purchase too. Needed 15k to maintain 1p, this was the best deal I could find to get it in.

On another note, as long as I'm posting to this thread, I have to mention that you cant ever give up on these UFC's. Last trip to LHR, I wasn't offered the deal at OLC, The ticket agent said no when I checked my bag, Then the matrons at DEN RCC said definitely not available (and they denied me drink chits). So I went to the gate, resolved to accept my decent Y seat (17A).

At the gate, they were making PA announcements that they not only were offering UFC, but they needed people badly enough that they had discounted the price! Bought it on the spot. Don't remember the price, but I posted it on this thread after I got it.
Can you give a few more details about the pricing that they offered ?

You say 979$ AI... for what ?

I think about purchasing a LAX-SYD fare and need the buy-up for requalifying for LH *G !

Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:48 pm

Programs: Lawl COVID
Got an offer of $809 M -> NC for SFO-LHR on 10/15. Declined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.