Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upsell Offers From UA For Business/First Seating (Time of Purchase, OLCI, or Gate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upsell Offers From UA For Business/First Seating (Time of Purchase, OLCI, or Gate)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2008, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
LAX-ORD tomorrow.

OLCI didnt offer anything... not that I would take it with the current catering mess at LAX.

I upgraded the return with E500's though

Cheers,
Old Nov 10, 2008, 7:54 am

oct 27 LAX-NRT C TO F $1500

I was offer to upgrade my C seat to F for $1500, LAX_NRT
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by fun888
1) were you in paid C or upgraded C?
2) did you accept the offer?
3) was the offer made by Online Checkin, at the Checkin Counter or at the gate?
Old Nov 10, 2008, 9:18 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by fun888
Ouch, most offers for transpacs have been in the $500-600 range. I hope you did not take it. Maybe UA was fishing for suckers.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 8:59 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
.... People on here have been complaining that NC should be allowed and maybe UA listened. It makes sense. Evidently the SD is remembering the old profile....
I was using the chciken kiosk at ORD today to reprint BP and was offered NC->F ORD NRT for $859. I would have accepted if less than $600. The offer was under the travel options menu. The chicken knows the new profile rules.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Nov 12, 2008 at 6:01 pm
Old Nov 11, 2008, 10:37 am

Programs: UA-Exec
I got an offer from paid Y to F BOS to ORD for $77. I didn't take it because I was "waitlisted" for first and thought it was rude to offer to sell me something that I already had an instrument to get without the cash. Needless to say, I traveled in Y.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Offered just over $400 today to upgrade from Y to C on CDG-IAD. I turned it down.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:43 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Was offered F on SBN->ORD for $81 at OLCI. That's almost $1/mile on a CR7!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by oenophilist
Offered just over $400 today to upgrade from Y to C on CDG-IAD. I turned it down.
Correction, it was just over 400 euros (I think 450 or so).
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by MSN_Flyer
I got an offer from paid Y to F BOS to ORD for $77. I didn't take it because I was "waitlisted" for first and thought it was rude to offer to sell me something that I already had an instrument to get without the cash. Needless to say, I traveled in Y.
I thought there was a rule that they couldn't offer the UFC until the waitlist had cleared completely?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA GS
Just got my first upgrade offer at booking while making last minute Thanksgiving weekend reservations.

Fri, Nov 28
DCA-ORD (733)
ORD-IAH (735)

Was told I had 5 minutes to accept F on both outbound flights for $329.99, and that I was not eligible on the packed Sunday returns. Declined.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 3:38 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
my co-worker and i just checked in at the same time on monday for a ORD-PDX flight. I was offered first for $300 and she was offered first for $150ish. i hate how UAL offers these rediculous options that aren't even consistant.

BOTH DELCINED!

ps we are both 1k's and have more e500s are regionals than we can used.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I went back to the desk using the latest Wiki and they denied me again, even after speaking with an SD. They told me I was one of "those" people who buys a cheap Y fare, upgrades twice - so why should they have 3 cabin aircraft?

I'm going to follow up with WHQ after I get back and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I'm right, I want it in writing and I want the SFO people trained.
I sent my letter via email to WHQ and received a reply in less than 8 hours. A local manager at SFO followed up with me and I can now report that yes, NC->NF upgrades are permitted with the Upgrade For Cash program. There are some training issues being sorted out both locally and through corporate but the person I have been working with was a complete delight, totally "gets it" and is a true customer advocate.

I feel good about the interaction with her, and with United's efforts to address my concerns promptly and directly. They really showed me they cared.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I sent my letter via email to WHQ and received a reply in less than 8 hours. A local manager at SFO followed up with me and I can now report that yes, NC->NF upgrades are permitted with the Upgrade For Cash program. There are some training issues being sorted out both locally and through corporate but the person I have been working with was a complete delight, totally "gets it" and is a true customer advocate.

I feel good about the interaction with her, and with United's efforts to address my concerns promptly and directly. They really showed me they cared.
I would love to see a copy of this email.

I have a NC tonight and would love to buy-up to NF.

Called GS and talked to their CS department and they thought I was speaking Klingon to them. Rather rude and condescending, if I do say so myself.

Any quick help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 13, 2008, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by CPMaverick
LAX-IAD today, kiosk offered $385 to upgrade from C to F on a 777.

I took the offer and got 1A (had a middle seat in C). At the gate there was one name on the C->F upgrade list! I don't know if they cleared eventually but not before boarding. That person must have submitted their request after I bought my upgrade.
It could have been an employee traveling on business (NRPS). They can book into C and standby for F on three-class planes and their names appear on the lists at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.