Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upsell Offers From UA For Business/First Seating (Time of Purchase, OLCI, or Gate)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upsell Offers From UA For Business/First Seating (Time of Purchase, OLCI, or Gate)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:28 pm

On Christmas Eve, was offered $329 or $349 (can't remember the exact number) from Economy to Business Class on P.S. SFO -> JFK for one way during OLCI on a saver award ticket. I did not take it. When we got to the gate, we got op-upped (such a nice surprise! I sent a compliment to United with the gate agents' names).

On the flipside, on the return trip today 12/31 from EWR to SFO, when I online checked-in yesterday, they asked "Are you willing to volunteer for travel credit if we need your seat?". No specific amount offered, but I was not interested. There were 3 last minute standby passengers who got on the flight.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
$75 seems to be the floor on these. Just went through a slew of award bookings where, at the time of booking, upg to F was offered at $75/leg on flights like LAX-SFO and LAS-LAX.

Pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. What did they used to sell the 500-milers at - $50 a pop? AA at $30 a pop? And this is confirmed... on a ticket that isn't otherwise upgradeable.

That said, still not worth it for me for the shorthauls.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:54 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
The New Year is a good time to archive this thread. The 2011 Edition may be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...1-edition.html

United Forum Moderator team, Ocn Vw 1K.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 5, 2011 at 12:46 am Reason: To update link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.