Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: XXXX UA miles short of award- how to get them quickly? [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Transfer miles from Chase or Marriott to UA
Beware for Chase this is an one-way transfer and for Marriott the return would lose points
This can take a few hours to a few days
Mile/Points transfers between UA & Marriott via RewardPlus - Questions/Experiences

Purchase Miles from UA
Currently, at 3.75 cents per mile, an expensive program but often has significant sales where miles are 2 to 2.5 cents per mile
This can take a few days

Award Accelerator
This is a more complex process but generally runs 2 to 2.5 cents per mile but hard to buy a specific amount
Miles post in a few hours at the most
Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions

Transfer miles from another UA account
This costs 1.5 cents per mile (plus $30 fee)
Miles will post within 1 day
Generally considered a bad deal, as you can purchase the miles at about 2 cpm and not lose the miles in the other account
Short miles for award, What about transferring from another account? Alternatives?

Miles from Purchases (for small amounts)
Either via MileagePlus X – Shopping App to Earn Additional Award Miles
or MileagePlus Shopping
Posting time is variable

Credit Card signup bonuses
Cheapest approach but requires getting card approval and likely some card usage

An alternative is Book with Money and Miles -- What is the "Book with Money and Miles" option ?

Additional ways to earn miles
Also the slowest, as this will take months

e-Rewards® Opinion Panel

Print Wikipost

Consolidated: XXXX UA miles short of award- how to get them quickly? [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2013, 3:47 pm

Buy them--they post instantly. Or, you have the option of buying them when you buy the ticket.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 4:19 pm
mx2

Need 268 miles within 3 days

...in order to book an award ticket. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer to not pay $75 to buy 2000 miles.

I just signed up for MyPoints and e-Rewards a few days ago, but I think those will take a while to post.

Is the bckstgr deal still active? I don't think they're awarding the 200 miles signup/linking bonus anymore (at least I don't see it on their website).
Old Apr 7, 2013, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mx2
...in order to book an award ticket. Does anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer to not pay $75 to buy 2000 miles.

I just signed up for MyPoints and e-Rewards a few days ago, but I think those will take a while to post.

Is the bckstgr deal still active? I don't think they're awarding the 200 miles signup/linking bonus anymore (at least I don't see it on their website).
Award accelerator might be your best option.
Old Apr 7, 2013, 4:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
nothing short of a purchase of miles (Personal Miles or Accelerator Miles) from UA is going to post in 3 days

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-threads.html

https://bckstgr.com/

They were running a special were you signed up and linked your facebook and twitter accounts you would get like 1000 miles. When I did it, the miles posted overnight. Might be worth visiting...not sure if it is still active or not.

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
They might just give them to you. They have given me the miles when I was close in the past (about a hundred or so miles off) – call the OnePass Service Center and be very nice.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by c5marine
https://bckstgr.com/

They were running a special were you signed up and linked your facebook and twitter accounts you would get like 1000 miles. When I did it, the miles posted overnight. Might be worth visiting...not sure if it is still active or not.
not available...
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:25 pm

Milesplus Instant Quickie?

Are there any 'quickie' instant ways to earn a thousand or so points? I know Netflix did so in the past but doesn't seem to anymore. I'm looking for one of the "signup and get instant points" deals? Really do not want to wait another billing cycle to accumulate points. How about Chase Ultimate Rewards thru Sapphire Preferred... any quickie offers there? If not I guess I will have to ante up $35 per 1000 points to buy thru United... rip off if you ask me!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
thread title of the year winner...

are you trying to keep miles from expiring, get to an award, or other?

here are some ideas...http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...npartners.aspx
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:47 pm

Trying to get to an award...
Did already buy 5k miles at Sapphire Preferred for $125... 1 month limit.
Not sure of the IIRC you mentioned?
Irks me that I have over 100k points thru United
and they still want to rob me by charging $35 a thousand for another 3/4k.
Any other programs that charge that high a premium for miles??
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA
Award accelerator is, I think, always under $30 for 1k miles.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:01 pm

Award Accelerator ?

Is Award Accelerator the amount that pops up when you do the booking research? It looks like if you need 2550 points they charge you for 3k but only give you the 2550 points? Maybe they 'pro-rate' the miles for partial 1k amounts? Kind of hard to tell how their math works....
Looks like I will end up needing 7/8k on a 110k purchase (2 x 55k one ways). Hopefully it will be close enough they will offer Award Accelerator???
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA
You need to have an existing reservation to take advantage of the award accelerator.

This link has some info on award accelerator.
https://hub.united.com/en-us/News/pr...sts-miles.aspx

There is also a thread on the rates people have been seeing: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2013-a.html
Old May 18, 2013, 4:21 am

Need 2028 miles

Hi,

I need 2028 more miles to book a domestic one way travel on united. What will be the cheapest way to get these miles?

If im not mistaken I will need to buy 3000 miles, are there any cheaper options?
(I'm premier gold on UA if that helps, is there any overdraft provision like LH Senator provides?)

Thanks,

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 18, 2013 at 5:10 am Reason: moved into existing thread on this topic
Old May 18, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Check MR forum

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/

Deals pop up normally late Tuesday-Thursday every week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.