Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: XXXX UA miles short of award- how to get them quickly? [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Transfer miles from Chase or Marriott to UA
Beware for Chase this is an one-way transfer and for Marriott the return would lose points
This can take a few hours to a few days
Mile/Points transfers between UA & Marriott via RewardPlus - Questions/Experiences

Purchase Miles from UA
Currently, at 3.75 cents per mile, an expensive program but often has significant sales where miles are 2 to 2.5 cents per mile
This can take a few days

Award Accelerator
This is a more complex process but generally runs 2 to 2.5 cents per mile but hard to buy a specific amount
Miles post in a few hours at the most
Consolidated Award / Premier Accelerator questions

Transfer miles from another UA account
This costs 1.5 cents per mile (plus $30 fee)
Miles will post within 1 day
Generally considered a bad deal, as you can purchase the miles at about 2 cpm and not lose the miles in the other account
Short miles for award, What about transferring from another account? Alternatives?

Miles from Purchases (for small amounts)
Either via MileagePlus X – Shopping App to Earn Additional Award Miles
or MileagePlus Shopping
Posting time is variable

Credit Card signup bonuses
Cheapest approach but requires getting card approval and likely some card usage

An alternative is Book with Money and Miles -- What is the "Book with Money and Miles" option ?

Additional ways to earn miles
Also the slowest, as this will take months

e-Rewards® Opinion Panel

Print Wikipost

Consolidated: XXXX UA miles short of award- how to get them quickly? [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:33 am

Easy 1500 miles...

When I need miles, I typically go online and buy something from Best Buy, Office Depot, etc and request instore pickup. I go buy the item and then return it the next day. Works good for me!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 9:44 am
wcj

Instant transfer to united from CSP, so that is not an issue. If you go this route, you should complete your spend in the first three weeks if possible. That last week of any billing statement posts slowly and you could miss out. IME URs post within a few days of statement close.

I'm sorry I have no other assistance. Good Luck!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:05 pm

Talking How to maximize UA mileage points?

Hi all,

If it is not in proper thread, please disregard it.

I need 50K points for my parents trip.
I have Chase UA, AMEX SPG, BOA Hwaiian and AMEX hilton.
Could anybody suggest a way to maximize UA mileage points?
Thanks a lot FT people!
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
If you get the Chase Sapphire Preferred, you will get 40K points as a signup bonus (after spending $3K in 3 months). These points are transferrable to United.

If you really need more you can get Chase Freedom (only 10K signup) and transfer those points to your Ultimate Rewards account, and you'd have the 50K.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:13 pm

If you are able to do a CC app, you can do the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get 40k points with 3k spend in three months. I am not sure if you can get two MP Explorer cards at once, but that would be your best bet as you get 50k on first spend, and 65k overall.

If you have $100k laying around, you could open a Fidelity brokerage account and gain 50k United points. Be advised that you may need to leave the money in the account for a year though. https://scs.fidelity.com/other/offer...shtml?MSC=UA01
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread moved to United Airlines forum, the best source of advice on all UA topics.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
I am 460 miles away for redeem a ticket, any cheap suggestion to get those miles

I dont want to transfer or buy miles.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:39 am

Apply for a credit card, or use one if you already have it. Hotel stay, car rental, send some flowers, buy merchandise on line... Go for a quickie milage run.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Lots of Ways..

Originally Posted by miranda.mario
I dont want to transfer or buy miles.
Hi there, there are lots of ways.. Dining, etc..

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/apps...tions/all.aspx

Safe Travels
Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: Lm silver / MileagePlus / Aadvantage / Amex platinum / stargold points silver
Thank you, do you know if for example I sent flowers to someone I will get those miles at the moment or how long do I have to wait?

Originally Posted by Indelaware
Apply for a credit card, or use one if you already have it. Hotel stay, car rental, send some flowers, buy merchandise on line... Go for a quickie milage run.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 7:28 am

Can I purchase United/Chase Rewards points

I am 10k points short of a reward travel option I'm looking to book. Is it possible to purchase Chase Ultimate Rewards points? Purchasing UA miles seems to be expensive ($376 for 10k)

I have the amount in Lufthansa's Miles and more, is it maybe possible to transfer to United to book reward travel on Lufthansa?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Two days only: Save 40% on award miles

Well it won't help you if you only need 10,000 miles but right now you can get 15,000 United miles for $338.63. See Below:

Miles buy more bliss.

Now's the time to buy the miles you need to take your dream vacation. Save 40% when you buy at least 15,000 MileagePlus® award miles. Don’t wait — this offer lasts two days only.

Please complete your purchase by clicking the link in this email before 11:59 p.m. CDT on August 22, 2012.

Buy now
http://www.ualmiles.com/PROMO_august...2A8BEF73C4D34F
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH FTL,Hyatt Platinum,BMI Silver
The fastest way to accumulate quickly needed UA- Miles

Please be considerate with me,as I am still not very experienced concerning flights and the loyalty program of the "new" United- Airlines company (after the merger with CO).

I am interested in accumulating quickly a certain number of UA- Miles for my Mileage-Plus account. Unfortunately I cannot apply for any credit-cards currently to get the sign-up bonuses. So I do have the option either to find a nice mileage-run (it doesent matter for me from where it starts or where it ends) or to try to buy the miles somewhere for an acceptable and reasonable price. Or to buy points from any other loyalty program which can be transferred quickly and easily to United Mileage Plus. I am thankful for any helpful advice or idea. United offers their frequent flyer miles for purchase, and sometimes they even have a special promotion, but their prices are definitely too high for me. For the award, which I want to have, I would need 50k miles ,but I am interested in earning up to 100k, just to have some miles available on my MP- account. Whats the most convenient and less expensive way to do so? Any ideas?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by kaninchen
Please be considerate with me,as I am still not very experienced concerning flights and the loyalty program of the "new" United- Airlines company (after the merger with CO).

I am interested in accumulating quickly a certain number of UA- Miles for my Mileage-Plus account. Unfortunately I cannot apply for any credit-cards currently to get the sign-up bonuses. So I do have the option either to find a nice mileage-run (it doesent matter for me from where it starts or where it ends) or to try to buy the miles somewhere for an acceptable and reasonable price. Or to buy points from any other loyalty program which can be transferred quickly and easily to United Mileage Plus. I am thankful for any helpful advice or idea. United offers their frequent flyer miles for purchase, and sometimes they even have a special promotion, but their prices are definitely too high for me. For the award, which I want to have, I would need 50k miles ,but I am interested in earning up to 100k, just to have some miles available on my MP- account. Whats the most convenient and less expensive way to do so? Any ideas?
Isn't the 40% off promo going on?
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:06 am

Need 1 United Mile

I need one United mile by 8/31. I currently have have no ultimate rewards points and nothing I have on points.com meets the transfer requirements. Anything I can do that will cause the points to post this quickly?

Many thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.