Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paranoiatx
Captain Denny's Retirement flight roll call. Please list your handle, cabin, and when you will be arriving in SEA, where we will arrange a dinner on 5/30.

Pat89339 - F - arriving 5/30
legalalien - F - arriving 5/31 (I can guest 2 into UC at either SEA or ORD)
Jubileesmom-F-arriving 5/30 ( I also can guest 2 into UC. )
Whiskarina - F - arriving 5/30
wxguy - F - arriving 5/30 via Capt Denny's second to last flight
FlyerBeek - F - arriving 5/29
JeepGuyDE - F - arriving 5/29 (need guesting into UC)
jmd001 - F - arriving 5/30 (would appreciate guesting into UC)
texasex95 - Y - arriving 5/31 (hopefully 5/30 if I can change my flight)
alanro - F - arriving 5/30 (I can also guest 2 into UC)
mendicantmonk - Y - arriving 5/30 (need guesting into UC)
SFO 1K - F - arriving 5/30 (I can guest 2 into UC)
wtigerFF - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (I can guest 2 into UC)
YRKInsider - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (can guest 2 into UC)
N1120A - F - Arriving 5/31 UA635 (Probably need guesting into UC)
CleUnited - Y - Arriving 5/30 (hopefully)
cawhite - F -arriving 5/30 UA635
paranoiatx - F - arriving 5/28 (can guest 2 into UC and/or 1 into CL)
Print Wikipost

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott BonVoy LT Titanium Elite, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tuolumne
how do they turn on ch9?
Can you find the switch?

Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
It's the OBS Audio switch.. He showed it to me on the 767 we flew in March

Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K
What A Treat

Back in August my 2 sons and I were flying back from CDG to ORD in Intl C and had the pleasure of being on a 767 with Capt Flanagan. We were greeted when we boarded, then during the flight, the Purser delivered Denny's business cards - 1 for me and 1 for my sons - with a handwritten note on the back.

It was a pleasant end to our vacation and I've kept them as one of our souvenirs of our European vacation.

Three more big fans of Denny Flanagan.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 6:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
On a flight earlier this week, I finally got to fly with Captain Flanagan.

What a treat.

And what an incredible surprise when the FA brought me a copy of The Age of Flight inscribed by Mr. Flanagan with a thank-you note for my service on FlyerTalk!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:42 pm

...wonder where Mr. Flanagan gets all the copies of that book I've had it for years and its always nice to dust it off once every few months... Lots of interesting info, like how UA negotiated w/ Boeing to be launch customer for 777.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Check out the interview with Capt Denny in USA Today.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by jmd001
Nice article. Hope to meet him in pdx in Jan.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sooo... Finally I got to meet Captain Flanagan himself as he was flying us SFO-SEA. Awesome guy! I too got a copy of The Age of Flight, which look real interesting by the way and I got to take pics with him at the end. Hope I meet him again!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
On my first flight with Denny at the helm LAX-ORD. I look forward to meeting him. I am in 1F so my fingers are crossed on a business card
Old Jan 8, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Thanks Capt. Denny - the pen thing works

This is a shout out to Capt. Denny, who I've had the pleasure of seeing speak twice now (although never flown with him ).

I flew out of ORD yesterday morning on UX - and was in 10D (E-). I gave the gate agent a pen from one of my hotels stays, made some small talk about how many pens he goes through in a day, and voila, moved up to E+! ^ Wow, the power of the pen.

I'd reccommend using Capt. Denny's advice if you haven't.
Old May 4, 2012, 7:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Flying with Capt. Denny now!

On board ps service SFO-JFK right now. I was terribly late for the flight and was the last ticketed passenger to board, my seat was poached and once I settled in my new seat the Captain made an announcement and introduced himself--Denny Flanagan! I asked if I could go up to the cockpit to say hello and he invited me into his sky office Although I've spent a lot of time with Denny at various functions, this is the first time I've flown with him.

So if you're a fan of Denny please consider making a donation to the Dahl Fund by purchasing tickets for a chance to win a flight on the Stinson Tri-Motor.

He would really appreciate it!
Old May 4, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Thank you for the link. I just added a few pennies to Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund. If I win, how do I get to Anoka CountyAirport?
Old May 5, 2012, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Pat89339
On board ps service SFO-JFK right now. I was terribly late for the flight and was the last ticketed passenger to board, my seat was poached and once I settled in my new seat the Captain made an announcement and introduced himself--Denny Flanagan! I asked if I could go up to the cockpit to say hello and he invited me into his sky office Although I've spent a lot of time with Denny at various functions, this is the first time I've flown with him.

So if you're a fan of Denny please consider making a donation to the Dahl Fund by purchasing tickets for a chance to win a flight on the Stinson Tri-Motor.

What my esteemed numerical colleague said regarding the Dahl Fund ^^ plus I also had the pleasure of flying with Captain Denny as he overnighted at JFK after Pat's flight and "drove me back to SFO" today-and also like Pat, I have met him many times at various functions but this was my first time flying with him (and yes, the door to his sky office is always open so go up and say hi and pose for a picture )
Old May 7, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Pat89339

I flew with him on the return to SFO on May 5th, UA701. Very surprised to see him on a P.S. flight, based on when his flight schedule is posted by Ben, I have never seen a P.S. flight on there.
Old May 7, 2012, 4:27 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by PHLstudent
I flew with him on the return to SFO on May 5th, UA701. Very surprised to see him on a P.S. flight, based on when his flight schedule is posted by Ben, I have never seen a P.S. flight on there.
CR*P!!! I was on that flight (op-upped from business to first but I digress). Where were you sitting?

Now as to Captain Denny flying a P.S. flight, he drives both 57's and 67's and if it's a 57, it could be P.S or non-P.S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.