Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2024]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

UA Moderator Team
Ocn Vw 1K, l'etoile, J.Edward, Pat89339, WineCountryUA

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to a new / existing thread if appropriate.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Generally, there are no long discussions of an issue in this thread. If it appears that is needed, the posts will be moved to an existing thread or used as the start of a new separate thread.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to recent previous threads:
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2023]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2020]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part II]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part I]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...
Print Wikipost

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2024]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nexus7556
Any way to select a seat on Hong Kong Airlines flight booked on United itinerary? Their website does not seem to accept my ticket number or Hong Kong Airlines confirmation code.
It's been a long time, but I seem to recall being able to get seat pre-assigned prior to COVID, in business class anyway. Have you tried calling?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Partner Flight Question:

Flying PHL-ORD-FRA-NAP tomorrow. PHL-ORD-FRA is on UA,, FRA-NAP is on LH.
I checked in this morning and added our boarding passes to my Apple Wallet. The FRA-NAP boarding passes have a grayed out QR code and at the bottom it says "This pass has expired."
Do we need to check in with separately with LH? I don't use partner airlines often and am out of the loop on this.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by phkc070408
Partner Flight Question:

Flying PHL-ORD-FRA-NAP tomorrow. PHL-ORD-FRA is on UA,, FRA-NAP is on LH.
I checked in this morning and added our boarding passes to my Apple Wallet. The FRA-NAP boarding passes have a grayed out QR code and at the bottom it says "This pass has expired."
Do we need to check in with separately with LH? I don't use partner airlines often and am out of the loop on this.

Thanks in advance
Do you still have FRA-NAP showing in the UA app? Try take a screenshot and use that instead.

On my last trip with UA to LH, something made the wallet BP expire early, while I was still transiting US, but the app still had it. In the end I used a screenshot without any problem.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by meijiem
Do you still have FRA-NAP showing in the UA app? Try take a screenshot and use that instead.

On my last trip with UA to LH, something made the wallet BP expire early, while I was still transiting US, but the app still had it. In the end I used a screenshot without any problem.
My App only shows the boarding pass for the upcoming flight. In PHL, it only showed the BP for PHL-ORD. After we landed in ORD, the first one disappeared and the ORD-FRA one appeared. I just downloaded a pdf from the website and printed that. We also got paper copies at the airport in PHL this morning, so we should be good.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by phkc070408
My App only shows the boarding pass for the upcoming flight. In PHL, it only showed the BP for PHL-ORD. After we landed in ORD, the first one disappeared and the ORD-FRA one appeared. I just downloaded a pdf from the website and printed that. We also got paper copies at the airport in PHL this morning, so we should be good.
Good that you found a way to pull the boarding pass again. My approach is to save screenshots as soon as I've checked in, since I have also noticed the app making segments disappear randomly, and sometimes also making them reappear later. I only noticed this happening in the past few months. I think that must be related to the wallet BP expiring early too.

Paper copy is always a good backup too. 🙂
abaheti likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by meijiem
Good that you found a way to pull the boarding pass again. My approach is to save screenshots as soon as I've checked in, since I have also noticed the app making segments disappear randomly, and sometimes also making them reappear later. I only noticed this happening in the past few months. I think that must be related to the wallet BP expiring early too.

Paper copy is always a good backup too. 🙂
Paper IS a good backup indeed. Thanks for the help. I thought maybe we needed to check in again with LH. (Of course checking in with LH is the bad advice that UA gave me on FB messenger last night).
Old Mar 30, 2024, 1:27 am

I booked FCA-ORD-FLL earlier (flight is 9 Jan 2025). 2 hrs later I noticed a schedule change and they'd rebooked me on an impossible connection. They have completed removed the FCA-ORD flight from their schedule. Used Live Chat - got rebooked FCA-DEN-FLL.

Did I just get unlucky with that? Not sure if there's any resource to see what happened to that flight.

Expert Flyer still shows it on the timetable, however, UA are no longer selling it. I presume EF is just lagging behind reality?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:52 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
I booked FCA-ORD-FLL earlier (flight is 9 Jan 2025). 2 hrs later I noticed a schedule change and they'd rebooked me on an impossible connection. They have completed removed the FCA-ORD flight from their schedule. Used Live Chat - got rebooked FCA-DEN-FLL.

Did I just get unlucky with that? Not sure if there's any resource to see what happened to that flight.

Expert Flyer still shows it on the timetable, however, UA are no longer selling it. I presume EF is just lagging behind reality?
UA’s showing FCA-ORD as weekends only when you’re traveling next January.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
UA’s showing FCA-ORD as weekends only when you’re traveling next January.
I see that now when searching united.com
EF is still displaying it as daily.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I see that now when searching united.com
EF is still displaying it as daily.
If you look on the specific day, the non-stop is not showing on EF. Since EF is reporting what is shown on GDS, it may be UA has been slow to update GDS
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
requalification question

Apologies if this one has been answered already?
Do we know the breakdown of FTs who qualified for G" this year on the basis of PQFs?
I was in this category and now I don't know what goal I need to meet for 2025?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Apologies if this one has been answered already?
Do we know the breakdown of FTs who qualified for G" this year on the basis of PQFs?
I was in this category and now I don't know what goal I need to meet for 2025?
Are you asking for qualification requirements? They can be found directly on United: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...r/qualify.html

Or, are you asking how many people on FT qualify based on meeting segments qualification and the lower dollar spend requirement? No one will have this answer.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:54 pm

what is G" ?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
what is G" ?
Assume abbreviation for Gold.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:30 am

Hi All,

Yesterday I booked an award ORD BOS MUC ticketed by UA, second leg operated by LH. I have never had the experience of a "mixed carrier" booking on same PNR.

I understand on day of travel the operating carrier is responsible for IROPS. Who do I turn to if UA has IROPS and it leads to a misconnect in BOS?

Trying to think ahead for my "plan B" should we have any troubles getting out of ORD.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.