Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2024]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Welcome to this thread to ask your basic, simple questions about United Airlines, its operations, or the MileagePlus program. We know that the airline is complex and we’ve created this thread for new and veteran members to ask those basic questions about United Airlines that you think must have an easy answer but just can’t find it or aren’t sure where to look.

UA Moderator Team
Ocn Vw 1K, l'etoile, J.Edward, Pat89339, WineCountryUA

These are the two rules for this thread:
  1. Use this thread for a simple, basic question. Moderators may move posts to a new / existing thread if appropriate.
  2. Any member who can post a constructive, patient answer is welcome to reply.

Generally, there are no long discussions of an issue in this thread. If it appears that is needed, the posts will be moved to an existing thread or used as the start of a new separate thread.

Additional tools for members seeking information about MileagePlus:

United MileagePlus Master Wiki

"New" United Airlines Forum Glossary

Here is a link to recent previous threads:
Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2023]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2021]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2020]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2019]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2018]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2017]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part II]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2016 Part I]

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 -Part II]...

Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2015 Thread]...
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Our first time flying business class with United .Does anyone has an United in flight meal ( SFO - SIN) . if so, please share
I also like to know if I should pre- order my meal before flight or go with menu in flight . It seems that pre-order meal for business passenger is very limited choices.
Meal plan listed on United website for preorder :

- Butternut squash ravioli with swiss chard and pepitas,
-Grilled salmon with roasted green asparagus, lemon, thyme roasted red bliss potato wedges and turmeric lemon zest beurre blanc
-Seared beef short rib with green peppercorn sauce, parsley-mashed potatoes and charred broccolini
-Stir fried chicken with egg fried rice, sauteed bok choy and scallion

I wonder for 17 hrs long flight, departs during day time, how many meal is served on United flight ( SFO -SIN) . If anyone has taken this flight recently, please share your experience.

Thank you.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Our first time flying business class with United .Does anyone has an United in flight meal ( SFO - SIN) . if so, please share
I also like to know if I should pre- order my meal before flight or go with menu in flight . It seems that pre-order meal for business passenger is very limited choices.

-Grilled salmon with roasted green asparagus, lemon, thyme roasted red bliss potato wedges and turmeric lemon zest beurre blanc
-Seared beef short rib with green peppercorn sauce, parsley-mashed potatoes and charred broccolini

I wonder for 17 hrs long flight, departs during day time, how many meal is served on United flight ( SFO -SIN) . If anyone has taken this flight recently, please share your experience.

Thank you.
the inflight menu will be the same, so if you have a preference you should order now. depending on where you sit and the number of elites in cabin, your first choice may not be available if you don’t preorder
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vnfilm1

Thank you.
General info on meals
2023 Let’s Eat - Polaris business
2024 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

There will be mid-flight snacks tapas (orderable on board) available if you are awake.
United airlines adds mid-flight tapas service on longhaul polaris route

On arrival their will be a "breakfast" meal. Usually two choices, no pre-flight selection.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 4, 2024 at 2:32 pm
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:59 pm

Can I credit a UA flight PZ fare to Air Canada?

If so, what is the mileage accrual rate? Is it the same as a P class fare, a Z class fare or the W class fare I originally booked before upgrade?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by AnAussieTexan
If so, what is the mileage accrual rate? Is it the same as a P class fare, a Z class fare or the W class fare I originally booked before upgrade?
should be based on the original W fare
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
United won't touch an Aeroplan ticket, and Aeroplan doesn't allow you to add a non-AC number to the booking.
Thanks! That's not what I wanted to hear but I appreciate it.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Kannai
Can you contact UA and ask them to add your MP ID? My partner booked with AC miles on UA and either didn't see where he could add his MP number or it wasn't possible. I find it odd he shouldn't be able to get E+. Is there a workaround?
So this is a UA flight, correct? Just booked with AC miles? Call up UA and ask if they can add your number. No personal experience using AC miles, but I recently got a UA ticket using Avianca miles which gave me both a Lifemiles reservation number and a United booking code. I input the latter on the UA website which gave me another 6-digit UA booking code, then called up customer service and they changed it to reflect my MP status and I was able to pick E+ seats.
SPN Lifer and Kannai like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Kannai
Can you contact UA and ask them to add your MP ID? My partner booked with AC miles on UA and either didn't see where he could add his MP number or it wasn't possible. I find it odd he shouldn't be able to get E+. Is there a workaround?
There should be a field to input your UA FFN online when booking an AC award. I did it last year on an UA flight when I used up my remaining 60K Aeroplan miles (UA J TATL).

Reservation showed up instantly on UA upon booking with AC.
Kannai likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 4:16 pm

Is there no way to get an instant upgrade using miles at time of booking? Waitlist only?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 4:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by zitsky
Is there no way to get an instant upgrade using miles at time of booking?
If inventory is available, it will be instant. These days, that seems to be about the same odds as winning the Powerball lottery.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
If inventory is available, it will be instant. These days, that seems to be about the same odds as winning the Powerball lottery.
The difference being that someone actually WINS the lottery now and then... :-)
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by abaheti
The difference being that someone actually WINS the lottery now and then... :-)
Ya, I think the odds of winning the lottery are much better .......
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:31 am

Discounted business class sale? East Coast USA to SE Asia.

Is there any way to get notified of a business class sale? I know prices go up and down and inventory changes constantly. For the first time I came home from a trip actually sore from sitting in A350 Delta comfort plus seats for 10 hours. (Yes I know I'm in the United forum, lol.) I'd rather not repeat the experience. But, as we all know, business class to Asia is $10K plus pp from the East Coast USA. How likely is that to drop? I have a year to book before the trip. RDU-DPS-SIN-RDU.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Is there any way to get notified of a business class sale? I know prices go up and down and inventory changes constantly. For the first time I came home from a trip actually sore from sitting in A350 Delta comfort plus seats for 10 hours. (Yes I know I'm in the United forum, lol.) I'd rather not repeat the experience. But, as we all know, business class to Asia is $10K plus pp from the East Coast USA. How likely is that to drop? I have a year to book before the trip. RDU-DPS-SIN-RDU.
You can subscribe to the Premium Fare Deals subforum here in FT: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

You can also set an alert on Google Flights with your desired destination(s).
SPN Lifer and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From RDU to DPS specifically? Your chances aren’t great. But if you’re willing to position, you may have much better luck. For example, you might find a sale from DC to KUL and then need short flights on each end — that kind of thing. Canada is also often a good place to find TATL and TPAC deals.
SPN Lifer, artvandalay and Kacee like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.