Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What ever it is, it will be cold. No ovens in UX. Cheese / crackers or Fruit / cheese on longer flights (>1,500 miles, no hub to hub on UX). LGA-ORD is well under the 800 or 1,500 mile cutoff
The policy and catering pre-COVID was different from 800/1500 rule right? I had this in December right before COVID on E175 DEN-CMH

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
IME, Express flights are quite unpredictable. You never know exactly what you're going to get. Maybe a cheese plate. Maybe just a grab bag. Maybe nothing...
i'm gonna SDC to a mainline flight the next day and report back what "Snack" is

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 6, 2022 at 8:41 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 6, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
I was going to say, the chicken I see lately isn't the same chicken I had earlier this year and late last year. It looks much less pure and like a bunch of things pressed together
Have to agree. I'm not one to expect anything other than "edible" from UA meals, and normally I'm satisfied with what they serve. A stiff G&T helps many things (with my TrueLime packets of course - thanks FT!).

Then along comes Ragu or Latin/Spanish/?? Chicken, which are among the worst offerings ever. And now, to top it off, the Chicken is inedible. For this week's flight, it was so rubbery it couldn't be cut with a knife. I barely managed to saw off three bites, which also tasted pretty much like rubber. The rice was a watery mess. Literally the most disgusting UA dish I've ever been served.

Side note, it's laughable they're still serving a breakfast fruit bowl instead of a salad. Ah well, at least the fruit edible.
greenpau likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:43 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by leftysauce
The policy and catering pre-COVID was different from 800/1500 rule right? ...
yes
Old May 7, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
What's the June dinner Menu for westbound transcon? MatthewLAX

Last edited by flyingrohit; May 7, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Old May 7, 2022, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
4/26/2022-SAT/IAD nonstop A319. FC-$800+. Pesto and Cheese hot sandwich in a bowl. Nothing else. Flight otherwise OK.
That sandwich is a heart-attack on a plate.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: United currently plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Interesting entree, never seen it. Is that a sweet/sour sauce of some sort?

Last summer the vegetarian option on SFO-HNL was a vegan chili (pretty good). I skew vegetarian so can’t speak to most of the other offerings.
yes, exactly sweet and sour chili sauce. With a crispy garlic chili sprinkle on the side as well.
SPN Lifer and uastarflyer like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I had the BBQ Burger last night on my LAX-DEN flight.
Wow, this was really, really good. Granted it looks pretty gross deconstructed but this is a taste winner.
Warning, best to use a knife and fork and not try to pick it up, unless you have lots of hand wipes.

Old May 8, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
PVR-EWR
UA1070

Boeing 737-800
Meal: lunch

Upgrade cleared 5min before boarding. Choice was chicken or pasta. Sat in the last row so I didn't get a choice, ended up with the pasta. "Champagne" on flight was Wycliff California sparkling wine, it was gross. Meal was also very average.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by hirohito888
PVR-EWR
UA1070

Boeing 737-800
Meal: lunch

Upgrade cleared 5min before boarding. Choice was chicken or pasta. Sat in the last row so I didn't get a choice, ended up with the pasta. "Champagne" on flight was Wycliff California sparkling wine, it was gross. Meal was also very average.
Noooo. Wycliffe, The free champagne brunch places in Los Angeles would typically Cash and Carry from Restaurant Depot for around $30 a case of 12 bottles. I think it’s $5/btl at Total wine. It is such plonk (being generous) and.. I’m in the industry
artvandalay and SFO777 like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 8, 2022 at 11:47 am Reason: repaired quote
Old May 8, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
THat pasta dish seems to indicate we are receiving new choices on non premium routes
dw likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
THat pasta dish seems to indicate we are receiving new choices on non premium routes
1. More choices = good news

2. "here's your messy plate of slop on a tray that just screams we don't care" = still not getting the message that quality matters, especially when serving plates that look neat, clean and appetizing doesn't cost United an extra red cent
dw, rch4u, greenpau and 2 others like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
2. "here's your messy plate of slop on a tray that just screams we don't care" = still not getting the message that quality matters, especially when serving plates that look neat, clean and appetizing doesn't cost United an extra red cent
It does cost United something: they would have to train and do some QA of the processes on an ongoing basis.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
It does cost United something: they would have to train and do some QA of the processes on an ongoing basis.
Maybe I'm being too practical, but wiping spilled sauce off the edge of a dish before serving should be more instinctive common sense and less training and QA.

A simple question posed to United and its inflight staff would be "how would you serve this dish to guests invited to your home for dinner?"
rch4u and greenpau like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Maybe I'm being too practical, but wiping spilled sauce off the edge of a dish before serving should be more instinctive common sense and less training and QA.

A simple question posed to United and its inflight staff would be "how would you serve this dish to guests invited to your home for dinner?"
Plonk.

David
Old May 8, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Ua504 ewr-sfo 5/7

Choice of chicken with polenta or pasta. Pasta ended up not being too bad although wish there was more than just plain ricotta inside.
kirkwoodj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.