Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Very funny - literally got the same options IAH-LAX next Tuesday and was going to ask the same thing. Interested in hearing the responses.
As suggested, scroll up to read the comments, generally positive but personal preferences vary. For regular travelers, the lack of variation seems to be the biggest issue. I've had all but the veg chili, probably would not mind any of the others again but have chosen to run the rack of choices instead.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by fumje
Scroll up for some responses! Those are the standard options for a while now. Consensus (my opinion included) is that falafel is the best.
Thank you! I scrolled up and you are correct - selected the falafel.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As suggested, scroll up to read the comments, generally positive but personal preferences vary. For regular travelers, the lack of variation seems to be the biggest issue. I've had all but the veg chili, probably would not mind any of the others again but have chosen to run the rack of choices instead.
I tried the vegetarian chili Monday, and was very surprised how good/satisfying it was.👍And I am a meat eater.
ll22949 and cczzll like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
I tried the vegetarian chili Monday, and was very surprised how good/satisfying it was.👍And I am a meat eater.
I also thought it was good.

However, the portion would have been depressing had I not been expecting to have it as a snack rather than a meal:
This was last month before they swapped fruit for cheese, which helps mitigate the portion under-sizing. I have also seen others served a more reasonable portion, so the usual YMMV applies.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat

However, the portion would have been depressing had I not been expecting to have it as a snack rather than a meal:

This was last month before they swapped fruit for cheese, which helps mitigate the portion under-sizing. I have also seen others served a more reasonable portion, so the usual YMMV applies.
Yea, I had this ex-ORD (probably end of September) and had a substantially larger portion and found it quite filling. Also really enjoyed it.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:40 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb

My god (and this isn’t a new reaction), if only someone at UA would take the initiative to work with their caterers on improving presentation
Old Oct 14, 2022, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
"Fresh" blueberries are now being replaced with dried cranberries? Just when you thought United couldn't go any lower ...
manstein58, zeer0 and leadgoose like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:11 pm

That’s a ridiculously small portion.👎
Mine was opposite, almost more than I could eat.
Consistent inconsistency.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold
Can confirm the veggie chili is quite good.
ll22949 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lilpisher
Yea, I had this ex-ORD (probably end of September) and had a substantially larger portion and found it quite filling. Also really enjoyed it.
That’s a ridiculously small portion.👎
Mine was opposite, almost more than I could eat.
Consistent inconsistency.
I hope you both appreciate my post-flight survey service.

Originally Posted by rch4u
"Fresh" blueberries are now being replaced with dried cranberries? Just when you thought United couldn't go any lower ...
Yeah I wasn't impressed, but also not surprised. It seems to happen intermittently — I believe others have reported it here previously.
lilpisher and tcdtcd like this.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
It is my new favorite dish on UA.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Originally Posted by rch4u
It's the cheap Alp and Dell cheese product tray - get it all the time on mainline RIC-IAH and RIC-DEN. I always write in with a picture of the online menu and what is actually served, and usually get compensation.
I got a $50 voucher for this. I sent them pics of the pathetic prepackaged cheese pack they gave on a 1,000 miles flight advertising breakfast
Old Oct 16, 2022, 6:49 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Slight change to the EWR-HNL breakfast from last month. The egg dish consisted of two egg white "pucks" with some chives and cheese filing and a sweet tomato sauce along with turkey sausage and a potato wedge. The packet of Cholula is from my Emergency Meal Repair Kit. Not a fan of this meal.

The second meal was either a teriyaki burger with sweet potato fries of a fruit and cheese dish.

Flying back on the HNL-EWR non-stop, the dinner was once again the Chicken Katsu or Fried Tofu; I asked for the latter without even being told what the options were.

Breakfast was either oatmeal and fruit or a proper Hawaiian breakfast of Portuguese Sausage, Scrambled Eggs (still somewhat soft and runny, to my surprise) and sticky white rice.
TXJeepGuy and cczzll like this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SFO-OMA - pre-ordered the falafel, and the FA confirmed she had it on board. And then she served me the impossible meatballs, telling me that the label said falafel and this was what was inside, and it happens regularly. This was the worst rendition of the meatballs that I've encountered. Dried out, and sitting atop a bed of pure mush.

I have likely just the one remaining domestic flight this year with meal service. Have the za'atar chicken on order, but now debating changing it for the veggie chili given some of the comments above.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:28 pm

That’s just ridiculous. Probably some other person who wanted the meatballs got your falafel.🙄

Zataar chicken is good - until you’ve had it too many times!

But the veggie chili was outstanding (my first try).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.