Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: MP Silver
ORD to SEA:

skipped dinner because I ate at the United club. Asked for just the pie in the sky and the FA was p mad that I just wanted the dessert (can’t have it until you eat your meat!!!). Heated, it is a perfect chocolate pie dessert.

GF had the orzo chicken and was not impressed. we might take AS next time on the Seattle route.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mahzor
ORD to SEA:

skipped dinner because I ate at the United club. Asked for just the pie in the sky and the FA was p mad that I just wanted the dessert (can’t have it until you eat your meat!!!). Heated, it is a perfect chocolate pie dessert.

GF had the orzo chicken and was not impressed. we might take AS next time on the Seattle route.
Just take AS and come away without the fuss. Better food, service, and happier FAs. Also, the desert comes seprately after you are done with dinner. Usually ice cream, not hard, not melted, just right for enjoyment.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
AVML first meal from EWR-SFO for lunch service today. Everything was very good, and this time there was some spiciness to it, though certainly not what I'd call heat. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to order this again.

And here's the snack - a massive win over the quinoa vs. fake charcuterie option again.

EWR won this battle against SFO hands down. And I'll definitely be going AVML on any future p.s. flights (that are upgraded sufficiently in advance, of course)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
on the premium transcon flights?
domestic first

MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cricketer
AVML first meal from EWR-SFO for lunch service today. Everything was very good, and this time there was some spiciness to it, though certainly not what I'd call heat. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to order this again.

And here's the snack - a massive win over the quinoa vs. fake charcuterie option again.

EWR won this battle against SFO hands down. And I'll definitely be going AVML on any future p.s. flights (that are upgraded sufficiently in advance, of course)
Nice that you got the balsamic vinagrette. All I received when I ordered a AVML was a lemon wedge (same salad).
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
10/02 AUS-LAX Late Lunch/Dinner

Meatballs:

David
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mahzor
...Asked for just the pie in the sky and the FA was p mad that I just wanted the dessert (can’t have it until you eat your meat!!!).....
Sounds like my mom (or Roger Waters) got a job w/ United!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
SFO-KOA
Choice of Thai chicken noodles or vegetarian fried tofu. The person next to me was able to pre-order and had the vegetarian polenta chili.
No PDB.
The first class SFO FAs Marie and Amber were professional and attentive. The wifi on the 739 did not work at all, even for entertainment.

Old Oct 10, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
MIA-IAH 9 Oct 659 pm 739 seat 4B

PDB of water or sparkling wine. Sparkling wine tasted somewhat more drinkable than recent flights.

Dinner was of course the same old choice of za’atar chicken or Impossible meatballs, but the meatballs were great (and a big step up from the snack basket in AA on my incoming SDQ-MIA flight of nearly the same length). Also, roll was piping hot and butter was spreadable. One slight difference from prior meals is that this version of the new mozzarella salad was one big blob of mozzarella as opposed to slices.

Excellent crew.

kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
PDB of water or sparkling wine. Sparkling wine tasted somewhat more drinkable than recent flights.

Dinner was of course the same old choice of za’atar chicken or Impossible meatballs, but the meatballs were great (and a big step up from the snack basket in AA on my incoming SDQ-MIA flight of nearly the same length). Also, roll was piping hot and butter was spreadable. One slight difference from prior meals is that this version of the new mozzarella salad was one big blob of mozzarella as opposed to slices.

Excellent crew.

img
img
Is the mozz adorned with same sauce/paste as the meatballs?
Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
Ha. Hard to recall. It definitely has the same flattened presentation!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They are impressively consistent with getting that look!
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by fumje
That was my question too! The flattened packaging look is consistent.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:44 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Haha, it looks like maybe they ran out of whatever is supposed to go on the mozzarella and just put the meatball sauce on it?

From the photos posted earlier, it looks like either sundried tomato or some form of red pepper is supposed to be the topping
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Had it (mozz) today. I think it’s a red pepper sauce. Not nearly enough. Very bland. Needs olive oil/balsamic vinegar and some salt. And I’m not a big salt guy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.