Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA Grant 2020 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2019?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA may proactively grant exceptions
Some have speculated your past history with UA may be a factor or an unusually high PQD or some life event reason or ....
To manually request an exception,
Contact MPSC
Hours: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. (CT), 7 days a week
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655
or
Email MileagePlus
United may also offer you a buy-up:
2019 Elite Buy-Up Offers from United (for higher status than earned in 2018)
2018 UA MP elite status buy-up offers (for higher status than earned in 2017)

Previous threads
Will UA Grant 2019 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2018?

Will UA Grant 2018 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2017?

Will UA Grant 2017 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2016?

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Will UA Grant Me Elite Status if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying? (2011-2014)

Related threads
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2019 for Elite Status in 2020"

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2017 for Elite Status in 2018

I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2016 for Elite Status in 2017

Granted 2017 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Granted 2016 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Granted 2015 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]
Print Wikipost

Will UA Grant 2020 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by jj1983
I am not really sure, but don't think rounding. The trip had to be reticketed at least once because it was originally ORD-SFO, then UA canceled that route so was re-routed ORD-EWR-HKG, then I had them change it to ORD-SFO-HKG. In any event, when it posted, the two PQD earnings totaled up to 1 fewer than the receipt they sent me.

Yeah, I called them in December and the agent said something like "oh you'll only be short, 1 PQD? They will give it to you for sure anyway." I'm sure they will but I kind of want it now so I can start to try to use the points for upgrades. I thought this was pretty poor service but didn't have time to argue with her or call back. I will try again today.
I'm confused. How is this poor service? They aren't going to process the exception until the year is over and it's still only January 7. Have you called the MP service center this month?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
I'm confused. How is this poor service? They aren't going to process the exception until the year is over and it's still only January 7. Have you called the MP service center this month?
I wasn't asking for an exception at that time (December, when I still had several flights left in the year), I was asking for them to make an adjustment to match the receipt I have in my inbox. Her tone was dismissive.

I haven't called back yet in January - was trying to see if anyone on the board knew when the exceptions had been processed in prior years.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: "I COME FROM Des Moines. Somebody had to." -- Bill Bryson
Update: They gave me Silver even being $1 short on PQD. I really only care about silver for the possibility of E+. I decided if I didn't get Silver I'd just buy an E+ subscription given the ridiculous changes to earning status on UA.
cfischer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.