Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA Grant 2020 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2019?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
UA may proactively grant exceptions
Some have speculated your past history with UA may be a factor or an unusually high PQD or some life event reason or ....
To manually request an exception,
Contact MPSC
Hours: 7 a.m. – 12 a.m. (CT), 7 days a week
Call from the U.S. or Canada 1-800-421-4655
or
Email MileagePlus
United may also offer you a buy-up:
2019 Elite Buy-Up Offers from United (for higher status than earned in 2018)
2018 UA MP elite status buy-up offers (for higher status than earned in 2017)

Previous threads
Will UA Grant 2019 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2018?

Will UA Grant 2018 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2017?

Will UA Grant 2017 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2016?

Will UA Grant 2016 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2015?

Will UA Grant Me Elite Status if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying? (2011-2014)

Related threads
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2019 for Elite Status in 2020"

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2017 for Elite Status in 2018

I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2016 for Elite Status in 2017

Granted 2017 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Granted 2016 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]

Granted 2015 MP Elite Status even though short of PQM/PQS/PDQ [actual cases only pls]
Print Wikipost

Will UA Grant 2020 EliteStatus if I am XXX PQM/PQS/PQD Short of Qualifying in 2019?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by blacksteel
Hi MileagePlus experts,

I'm scheduled to finish the year with 49984 PQM's, just 16 miles short of Gold. I have met the PQD and segments goals, so they're not the problem. I have two trips planned for the remainder of the year and this is the number of PQMs that appears in the Premier future mileage tracker.

I've read on the forums about the options to buy PQMs, or do a mileage run flight, and understand how that would work.

I'm wondering if there is any other way to just get 16 miles, such as maybe a waiver or other method that's less costly or wouldn't require flying another trip?

Any advice appreciated! Thank you in advance.
If you’re that close, they’ll likely bump you up to Gold, if you ask. The problem is that they won’t do it until January, so it depends on your risk tolerance. If you can afford it, do a mileage run. Why not take a flight to SIN and ask them to bump you up to Platinum.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Same day change to add another segment or change connection thru another hub that will give a higher PQM.
Good luck.
PVDProf, jasonp622, Thysk and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: CO Gold
I am 300 short ........and I wonder in light of current events............if there is any leniency at all these days
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
My first year flying UA in 2010, I had at the end of the year 49878 PQM flown in 5 months.
They categorically refused to do anything so... I would suggest to cross 50,000 and not expect anything from them !
Kannai and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Depending upon pricing, it might be cheaper to do a Same Day Change on one of the upcoming flights - give yourself a slightly longer routing, thus gaining your status.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
I am 300 short ........and I wonder in light of current events............if there is any leniency at all these days
How much money have to spent? In terms of BIS, the only part of your B they’re now interested in is the part beside your wallet. 😱
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Changing the flights would incur a change fee, correct? e.g. $300
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Changing the flights would incur a change fee, correct? e.g. $300
No. Same day flight changes are $75 for Silver and non-Premier, and free for Gold and higher. Note that same day changes must be done (1) Within 24 hours of your original flight, and (2) You must be changing to a flight within 24 hours of the present time and (3) Your original fare class must be available on the new routing. SDC can be done repeatedly as long as every change meets the above 3 rules. Now if you were to outright change your itinerary more than 24 hours in advance, then yes, you'll incur a change fee. But that's not what we're talking about here.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is all about risk tolerance.

1. Yes, UA might simply bump you up as a courtesy. But, why do that when they charge others?
2. Yes, UA will likely offer to sell you status for a fee? But, there is no guarantee of that.
3. One SDC fee will do the trick.
4. It is only 10/29. Isn't there some place you might want to go for an overnight trip and have some fun?
jsloan, MSPeconomist and leoo like this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
SDC to add a leg or award accelerator + PQM buy are your options. Unless you want to take a whole extra trip. UA won't flex on granting you the 16 PQM.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Hi MileagePlus experts,

I'm scheduled to finish the year with 49984 PQM's, just 16 miles short of Gold. I have met the PQD and segments goals, so they're not the problem.
What do you mean by segment goals. It’s dollars and Miles or Segments. You don’t need all three.
junglematt likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lilpisher
What do you mean by segment goals. It’s dollars and Miles or Segments. You don’t need all three.
If OP has reached $6K PQD and 60 PQS, there is no worry about 50K PQM. Every one responding to OP missed this sentence except for you.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
If OP has reached $6K PQD and 60 PQS, there is no worry about 50K PQM. Every one responding to OP missed this sentence except for you.
Clarifying, on segments, I was not referring to PQS. I don't/won't meet that goal of 60. I meant the minimum 4 United/United Express flights/segments that are required.
junglematt likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by STS-134
No. Same day flight changes are $75 for Silver and non-Premier, and free for Gold and higher. Note that same day changes must be done (1) Within 24 hours of your original flight, and (2) You must be changing to a flight within 24 hours of the present time and (3) Your original fare class must be available on the new routing. SDC can be done repeatedly as long as every change meets the above 3 rules. Now if you were to outright change your itinerary more than 24 hours in advance, then yes, you'll incur a change fee. But that's not what we're talking about here.
Thanks, but it looks like SDC fees on partner / code share flights don't honor the $75 silver deal. I'm seeing $300 for a change on a partner flight, plus fare difference.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, but it looks like SDC fees on partner / code share flights don't honor the $75 silver deal. I'm seeing $300 for a change on a partner flight, plus fare difference.
SDC only applies to UA-operated, UA-ticketed flights.

There's a thread on this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ng-2019-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.